Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Every night n twitter since the season started I see Bol Bol highlights.  Now sure Bol Bol is not a starter, and almost certainly never a star, but he’s a big body contributing.  Why don’t I see Admiral Schofield highlights?  Because he’s an undersized bum!  And don’t give me none of this hindsight stuff, 80% of wizards fans wanted BB when he fell into the second round.  Seems like we keep making this same mistake of passing on the obvious choice trying to look smarter than everyone.

this franchise misses on too many picks.  

• Like 4

On 10/24/2022 at 6:52 AM, Rocky21 said:

Drew kept bringing up we should be driving to the hoop and hunting for more fouls.  And he’s not wrong.

Especially when we're ahead late. I'm no expert (and maybe a few of you will show me why) :)  but my instinct is that when you're up in the 4th, don't start chucking 3s after running the clock down to a desperation shot. Penetrate, get the buckets close to the rim or draw the foul. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Destino said:

Every night n twitter since the season started I see Bol Bol highlights.  Now sure Bol Bol is not a starter, and almost certainly never a star, but he’s a big body contributing.  Why don’t I see Admiral Schofield highlights?  Because he’s an undersized bum!  And don’t give me none of this hindsight stuff, 80% of wizards fans wanted BB when he fell into the second round.  Seems like we keep making this same mistake of passing on the obvious choice trying to look smarter than everyone.

this franchise misses on too many picks.  

Denver is a really smart team and they gave up on him.  He's on the perfect rebuilding team.  He has legit talent obviously, but there was a reason he fell in the draft.

4 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Johnny Davis

Rap Game No GIF by Lifetime

HATED the pick from day one.  He can't get any minutes with Kispert currently injured.  He won't play one meaningful minute this year.  He's not athletic enough to get by anyone on offense.  He can't shoot.  Jarrett Culver/Jerome Robinson 2.0 (i.e. recent lotto picks that busted big time and were given up by their teams after 2 years).  

47 minutes ago, SuperBash said:

Duren is looking like a pretty active, impactful big. Might have been nice to have instead of a timid guard who can’t get minutes.

Yup.  At least Duren isn’t afraid out there.  Davis can’t get into the game with Beal out.

This team is better than last year.  Much stronger at guard, especially on defense, while still being deep along the front court.  Hopefully Wright’s hamstring and Beal’s back don’t prove to be lingering issues.   Seems like we’ve gotten better shooting the three too.

I’m still not sold on WUJ offense, but he seems to have made things easier on his guards this year.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Too many people driving the lane with ease against us but it looks like it’s possible we don’t suck ass this year.😊

Then again remember we started out on fire last year too.  

Yep. I keep telling myself that the first 15-20 games on the season are not "the season." Good teams look bad early, bad teams look good early. Then things kinda go back to a pecking order. We learned this last year so I'm just enjoying what's happening now and hoping we can keep some consistent winning.

It is still certainly not proven that Wes is THE coach for our future but I do like this roster. Better depth behind Brad, a healthy Staps, Rui & Deni continuing to grow. I'll take it and hope that when the true season kicks in we stay in the hunt.

• Like 1

Just wanted to add that opposing announcers (listen the Bulls broadcast from last Friday) are clowning the fact that they are way up in the rafters when calling games at Wizards home games.  It is embarrassing that Leonsis makes the announcers call the games from the rafters just so he can sell more court-side seats.  A 2nd rate organization.

Found this article from 9 years ago that said the Wiz & Philly are the only teams that do this.  Utterly unacceptable.  Leonsis doesn't care about anything other than money.  There's a reason why the premier teams (Lakers, Heat, etc) have high quality broadcasts and we are 2nd rate in comparison...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/03/08/why-the-wizards-moved-steve-buckhantz-off-the-floor/

Edited by mhd24