Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Brutal loss.  Game two and I'm already losing my patience with Dwight Howard.  We're trying to compete with a 12 man roster and a bunch of back up caliber front court players.

I don't even think Mahinmi & Smith are backup level at this point. they will both be out of the league when they end their run here

we are giving real minutes to two players who should not be in the NBA

First two games are a terrible omen for the season: losing must win home games due two a couple of crucial defensive and rebounding breakdowns in the final minute.  Dwight Howard missing time over a nebulous injury and doing clown **** like not dressing for the game.  And a ****ing West Coast trip looming.

We're going to start out 1-3 at best and the locker room is going to begin fraying.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

I'm sure we'll get the BS answer in the 2 min report tomorrow.... 

Another one: why the **** did they give Toronto the ball back after we got the rebound?  The fact that they didn't reset the shot clock was irrelevant on that play.

Just now, Llevron said:

Basketball is dumb anyway

Basketball is a great sport.  But part of being a fan of an NBA team is putting up with absurd unprofessionalism and a whole lot of other silly bull****.

21 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:
they handed this man 7mil per year to be like "i don't know". where these "other really great players" at?

Jim Zorn, Cher from Clueless soundin ass....

Wtf does this even mean? 

Shoulda jumped on the Jimmy Butler trade while we had the chance...

Edited by CRobi21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I don't even think Mahinmi & Smith are backup level at this point. they will both be out of the league when they end their run here

we are giving real minutes to two players who should not be in the NBA

We're 0-2 because were playing 4 on 5 agan, its ****in ridiculous.  It will be better with Howard, like night and day.  Whenever the **** that happens.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

First two games are a terrible omen for the season: losing must win home games due two a couple of crucial defensive and rebounding breakdowns in the final minute.  Dwight Howard missing time over a nebulous injury and doing clown **** like not dressing for the game.  And a ****ing West Coast trip looming.

We're going to start out 1-3 at best and the locker room is going to begin fraying.

I hope the team is a little more mentally tough then imploding before October is over. Not ideal, but we've made the playoffs with a low starts before.

It's ugly, but not how you start its how you finish.

John Walls passing ability isn't going anywhere, him being fast is a part of his game, not his game.

@stevemcqueen1 What do you think about Brooks comments on Otto tonight?  I wasn't expecting that, and still believe he needs to do a better job drawing up plays for him.  There was one play where Otto just stayed in the corner and it was basically 4 on 5.  Beal made the shot,but that looked by design, and if I can see that and see other team see that...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

the game is moving away from ball dominant dudes who can't shoot

I love Wall and will fight to the death for him, but reality is reality

Can't shoot threes or can't shot?  I'll also argue its not like he has to have the ball in his hand, Brooks like Whittman doesn't trust an offense that relies on moving without him initiating, why we never see him off dribble pop and shot or slash to the basket with someone else making the awesome pass.  Give him to someone like Stevens or Pop and he's in MVP conversation every year instead of fringe all-star.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

What do you think about Brooks comments on Otto tonight?  I wasn't expecting that, and still believe he needs to do a better job drawing up plays for him.  There was one play where Otto just stayed in the corner and it was basically 4 on 5.  Beal made the shot,but that looked by design, and if I can see that and see other team see that... 

I think he's a ****ing ****ty coach.  He might talk the talk in between games but he's a ****ing godawful in game coach and I think he literally forgot to rotate Otto in the second half and was flailing around to cover his ass post game.  There is absolutely zero excuse for playing Jason Smith in the third and fourth like he did.

Otto was aggressive tonight.  Brooks fell asleep.  He sucks.  It is what it is.  This franchise's leadership is dreck.  The players would be far better under better management and coaching.  Leonsis doesn't care about the Wizards and his neglect of the franchise has left it in the charge of mediocre minds with no vision.  No ability to compete with the big dogs of the NBA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

the game is moving away from ball dominant dudes who can't shoot

I love Wall and will fight to the death for him, but reality is reality 

Giannis and Ben Simmons are the future of the NBA.  LeBron and Michael Jordan are the two greatest players in the history of the sport. 

Also, just because John isn't Steph Curry doesn't mean he can't shoot.  He's plenty good from behind the three point line off the catch.  We don't run a system that actually gets him looks off the catch with regularity.  It's John trigger something impropmptu or go stand in the corner and let Beal do it.

Basketball is basketball.  Being able to force your way to the rim and score with reliability will always be the dominant skill.  Being able to score off the bounce against multiple defenders is the most valuable offensive skill of all.  Being able to see the whole floor and pass will always be valuable.  Being able to guard multiple positions and disrupt half court sets and transition possessions on defense will always be valuable too.

• Like 1

John is a transcendent player first and foremost.  He is the only reason for hope for this team.  That said, even though his numbers were good, John was uncharacteristically bad tonight and was thoroughly outplayed by Kyle Lowry.  He was very obviously second guessing himself.  Made several braindead plays that wasted important possessions and was just choosing the wrong option on way too many plays.  And he wasn't as locked in on defense as he was in the Miami game, where he was a force of nature.

If John plays like he did against Miami in this game we win it by a reasonable margin.  Even though most of our team played poorly, we still beat a superior team at home if John and Brad play to their potential.  Brad was awesome tonight.  If he hadn't gotten into foul trouble against Miami, we blow them out.

These two games were painful.  Losing games we should win at home is a recipe for a losing season.  We're going to have dig out a win against a very good Portland team in their building--no easy feat.  And we're going to have to win all three of the final games of our West trip.  They are must wins now.  It's that simple.  Our season is already in the balance.  The schedule makers ****ed us with one of the worst opening schedules this year.

**** Dwight Howard man.  **** ass **** hurt his ****ing butt with all of the gay sex--I mean "air travel" he engaged in during the summer.

And **** Scott Brooks.  Scapegoating Otto for his own numbnuts failures as a coach.  ****ing retard mother****er isn't fit to coach a bunch of 10 year olds.  I was nice and gave him a chance but fire his ass tonight and it's still two years too late.

Ernie hired Scott Brooks because Scott Brooks makes Ernie look good in comparison.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

How many more losses until the player only meeting?

After the GS game.

It just doesn't sit well that the team is not only starting off flat, but they're losing to teams that aren't at full strength. I thought things could be different... But now I'm staring an 0-4 start dead in the face.