Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If Porter breaks out like Wall and Beal did, proving all the doubters wrong, the Wizards become a three star team that is going to improve for a few years.  I can't really see it playing out that way... but whatever I've been wrong before (often). 

4 hours ago, Destino said:

If Porter breaks out like Wall and Beal did, proving all the doubters wrong, the Wizards become a three star team that is going to improve for a few years.  I can't really see it playing out that way... but whatever I've been wrong before (often). 

Why ye of little faith?  

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Aside from the way nba deals work. There is no reason to think Porter won't improve next year under Brooks. He physically can do so much. Add some swagger and mean streak. He'd be intimidating. Maybe needs ink, a beard and some Ben Wallace hair. 

Eye patch. Works every time. And he needs to swing at LeBron at least twice. 

• Like 2

He needs to have leg day six days a week.

He'll be fine.  Keeping him was absolutely the right choice and this offseason is playing out exactly as expected for us.  The only things that blow are that we weren't able to go after Paul George when he became available and we traded our first for a three month rental.

We're doing what we have to this summer.  Last summer is the one that ****ed us over.  We should have worked out an early extension with Porter and we should not have signed Mahinmi or Nicholson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Aside from the way nba deals work. There is no reason to think Porter won't improve next year under Brooks. He physically can do so much. Add some swagger and mean streak. He'd be intimidating. Maybe needs ink, a beard and some Ben Wallace hair. 

And add some muscle. 

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The strength and conditioning coach coulda taken care of this in an off-season.  Here we are 4 years in and still saying the same thing.

Problem with adding muscle like that is it effects your shot, which is pretty important in the NBA. I think slower is better if we are gonna rely on his 3 ball. It needs to feel good coming off his hands all off season and its pretty impossible to do that and get noticeably stronger at the same time. Watching my nephew go through the exact same thing currently. Had a shot. Got stronger. Cant find the touch right now. 

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Problem with adding muscle like that is it effects your shot, which is pretty important in the NBA. I think slower is better if we are gonna rely on his 3 ball. It needs to feel good coming off his hands all off season and its pretty impossible to do that and get noticeably stronger at the same time. Watching my nephew go through the exact same thing currently. Had a shot. Got stronger. Cant find the touch right now. 

But I think if you're a professional working on your craft, you got nothing else to do in the offseason but shoot 10,000 jumpers and work it out.

I don't think he can be stuck in this place physically because now he can shoot threes.

But I'm not suggesting he needs to come in next year looking like John Cena.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

But I think if you're a professional working on your craft, you got nothing else to do in the offseason but shoot 10,000 jumpers and work it out.

I don't think he can be stuck in this place physically because now he can shoot threes.

But I'm not suggesting he needs to come in next year looking like John Cena.

There is definitely a difference between a pro and my nephew lol. Point taken. 

Hot damn.  This is fantastic news.

I figured he'd sign it.  Too much of a chance he'd miss All-NBA next season.  About 10 guys gunning for three spots.  Two if you consider CP3 a lock.  Turning down the extension meant he could have lost 50+ million even after having a very good season.

• Like 1

Four years of control over our entire core.  Well technically three since Otto has a damned player option but I imagine he'll opt in if he's happy because of the flattening (and possible contraction) of the cap.

That is stability that almost no one else in the league has.  We have a real chance to bring in a big fish and make a run.  Just have to shed salary by moving Mahinmi and Gortat.