Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That's a weird poison pill on Otto's contract with the salary thing.  Probably trying to screw us over if we're cash strapped.

**** Brooklyn.  That's dirty pool.  Piece of **** franchise should have been contracted a long time ago.

Whatever, match it.  I actually don't mind the trade kicker at all because I don't think we should be dealing him.

I don't like the player option though.  Having only three years of team control on Otto makes me nervous.  The fourth year would be nice.  A fifth year would be nicer.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

David Falk is a ****er.  I hate that dude.  Part of me wants to screw Otto over for letting Falk screw us over and let him go to Brooklyn.  I'd do it if that wasn't cutting my nose off to spite my face.

Why are you mad at Faulk for doing right by his client?

Get mad at Ernie for not offering Otto a deal last year. That is the issue.

The 3 year player option is bad news though. I do not like that at all, but that goes back to Ernie.

The player option is the worst part of the deal.  Let's say we did sign Cousins next summer.  Figure it then takes a year to get all of the pieces to gel.  Suddenly Otto is an expiring in our one season of having all four parts together and ready to make a run.

He could walk and that's that.

Yeah I don't like that player option at all either.

Not signing Otto to a four year extension last fall turned out to be a terrible mistake.  It's the same crappy situation that Utah got into with Gordon Hayward and Minnesota got into with Kevin Love.  Plus we would have gotten him cheaper because he hadn't broken out yet.  Ernie botched this bad.

I don't understand why we waited either.  We weren't in a position to have any cap space this summer.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Y'all are tripping.  The no trade for year one is brilliant.  Takes Ernie and the army of GM morons out there out of the equation.

Otto will get at least another year and a half to grow with Wall/Beal.  All buckets all the time...Entirely possible he'll be he hottest commodity on the market January 2019.

Let it flow...

#otto

#60wins

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Y'all are tripping.  The no trade for year one is brilliant.  Takes Ernie and the army of GM morons out there out of the equation.

Otto will get at least another year and a half to grow with Wall/Beal.  All buckets all the time...Entirely possible he'll be he hottest commodity on the market January 2019.

Let it flow...

#otto

#60wins

giphy.gif

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't understand how this trade kicker works if Otto is a max contract.

Cap goes up but max deals are set numbers that don't adjust.  Let's say the cap in two years is much higher, if traded Ottos deal would pay him as much as 15% more of the remaining value (not including the 4th year) without exceeding the new max contract number.  

• Like 1