Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The curse doesn't qualify.  10 games into the season, did anyone really think we'd be in the playoffs, much less playing a game 7 in the 2nd round vs. the 1 seed?  This is ultimately a test to see who is 2nd best in the East as it's pretty much predetermined that the Cavs are wiping the floor with either team.

The curse comes into play when you have teams that should and could win it all, but don't.  See Capitals for pretty much the last decade and even the Nats who have rolled through regular seasons only to fall short.

• Like 3

I really want the Wiz to make the conference finals because I think we can push the Cavs to a game 6 at least. Which would be super exciting and give us a ton to build off of considering they are playoff broom holders at the moment. The idea of being in the NBA Finals is kind of sexy too...

35 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Literally having the curse convo in my group chat right now. My underlying point here is simple. Look how far the Wiz have come. You cant call it a curse even IF they lose. I remember when people used to LAUGH at us. Wall in particular. Literally we could do nothing right. 

Now look at what we are playing for. No curse here kids. 

on a team level, i see what you're saying. theyve overacheived this year, especially considering how they started. at this point, as a team, theyve done very well for us.

however, some DC fans see them as playing for all DC sports tonight. a chance to break the conference championship drought for the whole city. so if they lose, they still had a great season, however they symbolize the greater "curse" that is DC sports in the playoffs

• Like 3

I was worried about their focus going into game 6.  They played hard and proved me wrong.  Still a little worried about which team will show up since it's a road game.  But it'll be the good Wizards.  There are no more chances left, and Wall and Beal usually show up for big moments.

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I was worried about their focus going into game 6.  They played hard and proved me wrong.  Still a little worried about which team will show up since it's a road game.  But it'll be the good Wizards.  There are no more chances left, and Wall and Beal usually show up for big moments.

Their focus wasn't great in game 6.  Three guys scored all points in the second half.  They, I mean at least 8 guys, need to be a lot better tonight. 

One thing is for got damn sure, the Celtics get the kids gloves from the media. If the Wiz would have lost that first funeral game and went on to act like it never happened they would have been crucified in the media. As it is now I aint really heard anything about it outside of the post game questions. Lol im personally still laughing at these chumps hahahaha

EDIT: Of course as soon as I make this post @Destino comes along with the truth lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

Stephen Jackson and Kenyon Martin hope Melo goes to Washington.  Cap space will never work but his shooting would have been huge this post season.  A small ball lineup with him at the 4 would be murder.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Mahinmi and Gortat for Melo Hernangomez and OQuinn works in the trade machine.  Is Jackson a big enough sucker to pull that trigger?

The way hes been talking about him he may not get much else.

I hope some of our players watched some of the Boston postgame pressers after game 6.  Every one of the Boston players had smerks and smiles on their face because they are 100% confident there is no way they lose game 7 at home.

It made me angry and it should make our players angry too.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I hope some of our players watched some of the Boston postgame pressers after game 6.  Every one of the Boston players had smerks and smiles on their face because they are 100% confident there is no way they lose game 7 at home.

I saw the same thing.  I can't quite tell if that's the fake swagger put on by folks that are shook or if they genuinely feel like they are superior. 

We don't need a 16-2 type hot start, but we do need to make sure we start fast and stay afloat or carry a lead not to let that Boston confidence fester, both the team and the fans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I saw the same thing.  I can't quite tell if that's the fake swagger put on by folks that are shook or if they genuinely feel like they are superior. 

We don't need a 16-2 type hot start, but we do need to make sure we start fast and stay afloat or carry a lead not to let that Boston confidence fester, both the team and the fans.

The longer the game remains close, fhe tighter their asses will get.

Brooks needs to bet better with his timeouts tonight

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Destino said:

Stephen Jackson and Kenyon Martin hope Melo goes to Washington.  Cap space will never work but his shooting would have been huge this post season.  A small ball lineup with him at the 4 would be murder.  

Why anyone would want Carmelo Anthony on their team is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Why anyone would want Carmelo Anthony on their team is beyond me. 

He has the capability to be an elite offensive player

He's miscast as franchise player, but as support, he'd be deadly

Edited by StillUnknown

Just now, StillUnknown said:

He's an elite offensive player

He's miscast as franchise player, but as support, he'd be deadly

He doesn't make anyone around him better and he plays zero defense. The Wiz need guys that win, not losers that take up $24 million in cap space.