Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I say he's earned the right to give it a go. If he's struggling, sit him ASAP and rest of for game 3.

Mahinmi needs to be ready to rock by game three too.

If we can get just a little bit more defense from the second unit, we can start to consistently domminate and maybe hold a good lead throughout.

I actually thought the officiating was reasonably fair for the first three quarters, considering we were the road team and the Boston fans were hostile to the crew.  They didn't call a lot of Boston's flopping.  My expectations for the officiating are at rock bottom though.  The fourth quarter was a joke, but the game was decided by the time a lot of the worst calls/no calls happened.

The ****ed up thing was Horford intentionally injuring Morris and Smart trying to do the same to Bogdanovich later on.  Horford needs a broken jaw.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Mahinmi sure was a bust huh? This team would be so much better with a big that could defend, rebound, and score in the paint (like all teams). Our lack of defense as a whole is troubling. 

Would've been nice if we landed Horford. I don't know what Ernie does during the offseason, but he has to be one of the worst GM's when it comes to free agency.

Pretty much every FA signing is a disaster. It's a long list going back to Ethan Thomas, to Eric Maynor, and now Ian Mahinmi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Too early to write the book on Mahinmi.  It's the first year of his deal.

Did he have an injury history prior to signing with us?  Because dang he is getting paid a whole lot of money for contributing nothing.

7 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Did he have an injury history prior to signing with us?  Because dang he is getting paid a whole lot of money for contributing nothing.

nothing really major, just a collection of "small" injuries.  Mahinmi seems to have that Nene Gene in which he will only step on the court if he's 100%

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Would've been nice if we landed Horford. I don't know what Ernie does during the offseason, but he has to be one of the worst GM's when it comes to free agency.

Pretty much every FA signing is a disaster. It's a long list going back to Ethan Thomas, to Eric Maynor, and now Ian Mahinmi.

his only good FA signing was Gilbert, who joined on a coin flip.

I am not that bothered about the result yesterday, but the way it unfolded is bothersome. Just gotta win game 2 in Boston.

The threes definitely CAN continue to rain like that if we dont defend the shooters. And without Morris and Mahinmi down low we really arnt all that much bigger than them anymore. 

We are in a bad place. But we still have the best two player on the floor. As long as they play like that and we get a boost from ONE MORE GUY (Otto, Buckets, Oubre, Jennings) then we are the better team. 

I have alot of faith! But this is a game for us to take, not have. 

• Like 2

I got into an argument with a guy at work yesterday in regards to Morris' potential absence.  My point: Missing Morris in conjunction with no Mahinmi spells straight up disaster that could end in 5 for us.  His point of contention: If losing Morris loses ya'll a shot at the ECF, you were never that good anyway.

While I know his point has some level of validity, it's a pretty big deal to lose two big men in the playoffs.  Even if Morris doesn't show up in the scoring column, we desperately need another big body to bang down low, get boards, etc.  Without them, I just don't see how we can survive.

We will have to be the faster team all game and pray our shooters are hot.  We have a lot of guys who can shoot the ball at times so hopefully Wall and Jennings will be making the right reads and put up 20+ assists.  Count on the rebounds to be effort plays.  Just keep the pedal down this time and don't let up.  We can even the series.