Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah the Celtics kinda remind me of the Raptors of a few years ago. I mean their best player is a straight up midget. And depth doesn't matter nearly as much in the playoffs when everyone's got like an eight man rotation.

I hope people paid attention to how Lebron went right at IT a few weeks back during the Cavs blowout win over the C's.  Can't hide the guy on defense.  Here's Avery Bradley's quote from 4/6 after that loss:

“I think just not talking on the defensive end,” he said. “We weren’t doing a great job helping each other out as a team. LeBron picked us apart. They ran the same play at least 10 times in a row, and he either scored or made a play for a teammate. We have to do a better job of containing him, trying to force him to take contested 2’s.

“He saw something that we couldn’t figure out. I mean, that’s why he’s LeBron James. He saw that he wanted to get Isaiah (Thomas) in pick and roll. He knew what guy he wanted to get in pick and roll so he could expose our defense, and as a team you have to cover each other. You have to talk. You have to have each other’s back, and we didn’t do that tonight.”

Link

Here's my prediction...Bulls will take them to 7 games and the C's won't get past the 2nd round. 

Why are you guys so confident that we handle ATL? They were on the verge of missing the playoffs not long ago, but recently they flipped a switch and have been on a roll lately. With Mahinmi out it'll be harder to contain Howard, especially with Gortat not playing very well lately. Even with Mahinmi our D hasn't been good recently. Granted Mahinmi's absence means more minutes for Morris and Smith, both of whom have been playing well lately, but foul trouble becomes a concern.

Edited by TheItalianStallion

3 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Why are you guys so confident that we handle ATL? They were on the verge of missing the playoffs not long ago, but recently they flipped a switch and have been on a roll lately. With Mahinmi out it'll be harder to contain Howard, especially with Gortatnot playing very well lately. Even with Mahinmi our D hasn't been good recently. Granted Mahinmi's absence means more minutes for Morris and Smith, both of whom have been playing well lately, but foul trouble becomes a concern.

They played against teams who were no longer interested in playing hard down the stretch. A guy with a bleach spot on his head runs the show. Their only hope is Dwight Howard beasting. 

2 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Why are you guys so confident that we handle ATL? They were on the verge of missing the playoffs not long ago, but recently they flipped a switch and have been on a roll lately. With Mahinmi out it'll be harder to contain Howard, especially with Gortat not playing very well lately. Even with Mahinmi our D hasn't been good recently. Granted Mahinmi's absence means more minutes for Morris and Smith, both of whom have been playing well lately, but foul trouble becomes a concern.

At the end of the day, the team with the top end talent almost always wins out in the NBA playoffs. This isn't hockey where a hot goalie and some fluky bounces can change a series, or baseball where a hot pitcher and fluky bounces can change a series, or football where its one and done and anything can happen in one game.

With Wall and Beal we'll have the two best players in the series. I don't think we'll steamroll the Hawks or anything, I predicted Wiz in 6 and wouldn't be shocked at all if the Hawks stole home court in the first two games, but the cream eventually rises to the top.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 9:57 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Washington over Atlanta in six seems reasonable.  I think it will be five or six.

I have us over Boston in five.  They're frauds and I think a deeply flawed Chicago team that absolutely no one is scared of is going to give them a tough series.

I think we'll take Cleveland to seven and lose a heartbreaker.

Agree with your entire post EXCEPT the highlighed part.

We're NOT losing to Cleveland.

Nope. :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I want a merciless beatdown to send a damn message to Atlanta that they'll always be scrubs. **** that city 

I feel the same way. With the Cavs struggling yesterday and the Raptors actually losing, it would be nice to dominate today and show things are different...

26 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

I feel the same way. With the Cavs struggling yesterday and the Raptors actually losing, it would be nice to dominate today and show things are different...

Dominating will be very difficult unless the Wiz can find the defensive light switch, but it won't be that simple. They might need to do more than flip a switch or even replace the light bulb. Seems like they burned the defensive fuse out.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I'd just like to remind everyone that Dwight Howard is one of the NBA's all-time elite-level douchebags.

Nothing explains who Howard is better than that video of Stan Van Gundy telling reporters Dwight tried to get him fired, and then 5 seconds later Dwight's fake ass walks up and acts like SVG was his best friend. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Nothing explains who Howard is better than that video of Stan Van Gundy telling reporters Dwight tried to get him fired, and then 5 seconds later Dwight's fake ass walks up and acts like SVG was his best friend. 

Yeah, that was classic. ??

@Burgold I think the Wizards play to the level of their competition... My hope that today that they play the best game that THEY can play. I want to see the January Wizards today. That team crushes the Hawks with ease.

(After thinking about it, we're saying the same thing. Lol)