Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Aaron Brooks would be nice as another ball handler who can shoot from outside

Im interested in Dorrell Wright, the guy can shoot pretty well from outside as well

And to be honest I wouldn't mind Kevin Garnett for a year if you were able to convince him to leave the Timberwolves.

He i just a big body veteran and leadership presence 

KG won't live Minnesota.  He'll retire there and eventually own that franchise.

That's what I figure but worth a shot.

Other fans and even some of our own fans perceptions of the players on our team can get so annoying. I hate hearing that KD wouldn't have a team here to win with.

Nope. We got John Wall who keeps improving and is probably a top 5 PG in the league. We have Beal who is going to be a very young 4th year player and is already one of the top 3 point shooters in the league, and again is improving.

We have Gortat who is nothing Stellar but and extremely solid player down low.

Porter who is coming into his 3rd year and is on track to be a pretty good all around player. Who could either be the focal point off the bench if with KD here or used as a trade chip for someone down low.

He's another shooter. He's strong for a 2. Built more like a forward but he's too short to play that spot full time. Similar player to Jared Dudley TBH.

A lot of guys on RealGM wanted us to get him. I'm fin with the move. You can't have too many shooters. Especially if we want to go small.

So what's our roster looking like at this moment, assuming the free agent deals go through?

G: Wall, Beal, ?Bynum?, ?Sessions?, Temple, Neal,

F: Nene, ?Butler?, Gooden, Humphres, Oubre, Porter, Webster, White, Anderson, Dudley

C: Gortat, Blair, ?Seraphin?

I know that's over the limit, so I'm wondering who's gone. I know Pierce is no more and Seraphin is a Free Agent, but some guys from our bench I'm not so sure about.

So what's our roster looking like at this moment, assuming the free agent deals go through?

G: Wall, Beal, ?Bynum?, ?Sessions?, Temple, Neal,

F: Nene, ?Butler?, Gooden, Humphres, Oubre, Porter, Webster, White, Anderson, Dudley

C: Gortat, Blair, ?Seraphin?

I know that's over the limit, so I'm wondering who's gone. I know Pierce is no more and Seraphin is a Free Agent, but some guys from our bench I'm not so sure about.

I bet our opening night roster will be

G: Wall, Beal, Sessions, Temple, Neal,

F: Nene, Humphres, Gooden, Oubre, Porter, Anderson, Dudley (White (overseas))

C: Gortat, Seraphin, (Somebody)

Edited by MLSKINS

This is the roster situation today:

PG: Wall, Sessions

SG: Beal, Anderson, Neal, Temple

SF: Porter, Dudley, Oubre, Webster

PF: Nene, Humphries

C: Gortat, Blair

That's only 14 players.  We have an open slot, and we can open up more slots by doing something with Blair and/or Webster.  Blair can be cut and stretched for a minimal cap hit or like 600 K for the next few seasons or so.  Having dead money kind of sucks, especially after just finishing our amnesty payments to Blatche.  But that cap hit is miniscule when the cap is two years away from almost doubling.  Webster is a bit of a millstone.  His buy out clause is for next season, so this year he is just 5 million in dead weight.  I wish he had been able to play himself back, but that's exactly what that was--a wish.  He's probably done as an NBA player, and I'd say he's definitely done here.  That contract scares me off future long term MLE deals.  

Some more notes on the roster:

- White will probably play overseas this year.  Only way he makes the team is if he shocks the world in Summer League.

- Webster and Blair will probably only see minutes if we're in desperate need.  Again, wouldn't be surprised if one or both got cut/moved

- Temple will probably get into the mix at some point because of injuries.  

- Oubre will get spotty minutes but be very lightly used unless there are just a catastrophic amount of injuries in front of him.  He might play more than Otto did as a rookie, but not much more, and it'd only be because he stayed healthy.

- Neal will probably play some PG.

- Anderson will play some SF.

- Dudley will play some PF.

- Humphries and Nene will both play some C.

Expect the last roster spot to be a PF or C.  It could go to Seraphin if he gets no real interest anywhere, and if he'll sign a one year deal.  I doubt those things happen though.  I think we facilitate a S&T for him.  I think we'll sign Gooden.  And I think there is a decent chance we'll open up another roster spot by cutting Blair, in which case, keeping Seraphin becomes more likely.

• Like 1