Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So did Wall really throw some gang signs up? Id hate to see this guys image get crushed because it was soaring last season. If he did I missed it.

In game 1 in Atlanta after a and 1 I believe, he threw up some hand gestures looking like gang signs possibly. Not sure tho.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Tomas never plays one minute of NBA ball for the Wizards. He'll be thrown into some awful deal Ernie makes where he sells our first or second round pick, hell maybe even both. Another wasted pick.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Tomas never plays one minute of NBA ball for the Wizards. He'll be thrown into some awful deal Ernie makes where he sells our first or second round pick, hell maybe even both. Another wasted pick.

In this case, I think you're wrong.

The Wiz are extremely high on Tomas.

On Tomas:

Hey guys, ICYMI I posted this on BF on May 11: 

A bit of an update (sort of) on how Saty has been doing this season in Barcelona and what his future holds...

Lots of Wiz fans ask me if he's ever going to play in a Wizards uniform, one guy even wrote "cause we really need him. He can be effective, we need a backup combo guard." Kyle Weidie tweeted me "Man, Satoransky looks a lot stronger. I know it's a highlight reel, but..." (I heard Tomas has been spending more time in the weight room this season.) My source (YES EFFING SOURCE!) told me "The Wiz really like his game and development - especially on the defensive end. They commend him for being very mature for his age and a great guy in the locker room. They are definitely interested in bringing him on the team next season." Will he be a Wizard next season? Well... looks like it's gonna be in 2016 or never... Not this year, I'm afraid. He has one more year on his Barca contract - with an opt-out in deal that can be triggered at end of this season. I wouldn't rule out anything, but basically it's either being a starting PG in Euroleague next year OR if Wizards really do want him & the $$ offer's good enough he might come over to NBA. Don't get it twisted, I know for sure Saty would LOVE to play in the NBA (even with his buddy Jan Vesely basically telling him Randy Witmann sucks as a coach; well, Randy's not exactly Coach Pop right?), to try to get in the rotation and play NBA basketball. Of course, he does not want to ride the pine on the bench all the more so if the alternative is playing big minutes in Euroleague/Spanish ACB League games one more year. Satoransky: "Playing in the Euroleague was a my dream too, so I have an incredible motivation [to do well]. I’m enjoying every game to the fullest, [the great] fans and the whole atmosphere." So everything considered, if I had to bet my money would be on the 2016-17 season... However, as they say the NBA's a business and one can only guess what WAS will do this summer as far as free agency is concerned. 

Update from May 13:

In interview with Sport.es, Satoransky on what does his future holds re: Wizards/NBA?

"All I focus on at this moment is to win the [spanish ACB] league and continue with the club because I [still] have more goals [to accomplish] with Barcelona.

The right thing to do now is to plan my future with this club and fight for the [ACB] title.
Obviously, the NBA is my dream but I’m leaving that [car] parked, so to speak, and I’m focusing on Barca.
I hope and believe that I will be here the two years I signed for and then when the time’s right, I’ll think what to do next."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Does anyone know the name of that businessman who always sits courtside at the Wizards games? He was just on the History channel giving commentary analysis on the History channel of the "Building America" show. I know he is a big businessmen or something.  

Edit: It was Steve Case, he was on the History Chanel talking about the rise of Ford Motor Company, and I was like "man he is always at the basketball games on TV"

Edited by DallasBlowsBig

What did Cowherd say that was racist about Wall. I read the article, you can disagree with the points he makes but it's not racist

His racist comments go back to his original criticism of Wall doing the doogie as a rookie. I don't remember the exact words though.

His racist comments go back to his original criticism of Wall doing the doogie as a rookie. I don't remember the exact words though.

I thought his rant was about wall being unprofessional and immature. That you wouldn't see team leaders (Durant, James, etc) acting like that.

The 6 players the #Wizards worked out today are all older than Bradley Beal and Otto Porter.

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo  

Jerian Grant said this was his 5th workout. Said he could go anywhere from 7th to 20th.

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo  

Harvey Grant is in attendance for son Jerian’s workout.

• Like 1

What did Cowherd say that was racist about Wall. I read the article, you can disagree with the points he makes but it's not racist

The **** about how he wants to know who his point guard's father is made my poor dog yelp in pain.

Bomani sent a couple of small shots Cowherd's way, but I think ESPN limits what they can say about other ESPN personalities. Bomani used to destroy Darren Rovell on twitter quite often, hasn't said much since joining ESPN.

It seems pretty clear (but who knows for sure) that both Bomani and LeBatard despise Cowherd but are forced by ESPN to play nice. (On another note, I do think LeBatard genuinely likes Whitlock and is sometimes confused and frightened by what comes out of his mouth).

Wizards need to draft a big. We need a PF and we need to get an understudy for Gortat that we can develop for the next 3-4 years.

Another PG or a combo guard adds little. I'd rather offer Satoranksy enough money to lure him over here as a combo guard option. Though one has to wonder if he'll want to play for Wittman after the Vesely debacle.

#Wizards announce 6 players for workout tmrw: Marcus Thornton, Will Cummings, Amere May, Jaleel Roberts, Jarvis Threatt, & Dallin Bachynski.

Thornton, a 6-3 point guard, went to Bishop McNamara and averaged 20 ppg as a senior at William & Mary last season.

Wizards need to draft a big. We need a PF and we need to get an understudy for Gortat that we can develop for the next 3-4 years.

Another PG or a combo guard adds little. I'd rather offer Satoranksy enough money to lure him over here as a combo guard option. Though one has to wonder if he'll want to play for Wittman after the Vesely debacle.

Have to go BPA though.  At that point in the draft you're just hoping for anyone that can eventually be a rotation player.  BPA gives you the best chance at that IMO.

I am perfectly satisfied with selecting Wall, Beal, and Porter with our draft picks.  But filling out our roster with bigs was always going to be a challenge after picking them for the foundation and missing on Vesely.  Our options now are:

1.) getting lucky in free agency,

or

2.) getting even luckier in the draft.

Hopefully the draft breaks such that a PF is the BPA at 19 and the kid ends up being good.  But if it doesn't, I wouldn't be opposed to a Jerian Grant or Tyus Jones pick.  I also really like Rondae Hollis-Johnson except for the fact he can't shoot for ****.  But at 19, you're choosing between flawed players and an Iggoudala-like defender is valuable.  If Pierce leaves, we're going to need another rotation-worthy SF too.  Webster is done.  Hollis-Jefferson's defense is probably NBA ready so you could trot him out as a rookie for 20 minutes a game to be a stopper.

Bottom line, there are actually some pretty good names around where we'll pick.  I'd be happy with any of Jones, Grant, Hollis-Jefferson, Kevon Looney, Trey Lyles, Bobby Portis, Frank Kaminsky, Justin Anderson, or Sam Dekker.

Trading up to make sure we end up with a PF might be a good idea too.  I don't know how realistic that is, but we should be trying to figure that out IMO.

Nothing that we don't already know....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-askira-story.html#page=1

June 3, 2015

Q: What has a better chance of happening: American Pharaoh winning the Triple Crown or the Miami Heat signing Kevin Durant in 2016? So what are the early Las Vegas odds on Pat Riley signing Kevin Durant? And if the Miami Heat do have a shot at getting Kevin Durant, why wouldn't Dwyane Wade opt in for another year? Riley has the rings, the system, a proven track record with his last student (LeBron James) and sunshine. However, the biggest selling point could be the weak competition in the East. Kevin Durant doesn't have to play in a NBA Final series in every round in the West! -- Stuart.

A: First, one of Durant's associates in South Florida has been telling me for months that if Durant leaves the Thunder it would be to return home to Washington. Your secondary point might be more valid, about a player wanting out of the Western Conference grinder. Look, if Anthony Davis continues to rise with the Pelicans, and if the Suns and Jazz maximize their lottery picks, the West only will get tougher. I'm not much of a handicapper, but American Pharaoh already is two-thirds of the way there. I don't think Pat Riley's master plan is anywhere as close to the finish line. There simply are waaaay too many variables over the next 13 months. And beyond all that, there is absolutely no way the math works with Goran Dragic, Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside earning in the $20 million range and Dwyane Wade even in the $10 million range (which isn't happening). That's $70 million in cap space right there. But, hey, Riley certainly has the right to put his superfecta money where he wants.

• Like 1

If the Wizards are fooling themselves about Durant coming here in 2016, then everyone else is 10x over.  I would be astounded if he ends up anywhere but OKC or DC.

But it was cute seeing Raptors fans talk about how he's coming to Toronto because he liked them when he was a kid.  Oh and they have Drake.

• Like 1

Click to read the rest

http://wizofawes.com/2015/06/01/nba-draft-2015-jerian-grant-thinks-washington-wizards-would-be-good-fit/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS

NBA Draft 2015: Jerian Grant Thinks Washington Wizards Would Be Good Fit

Given that Washington will have multiple needs they must address this off-season, they should opt to take the best player available in June with the 19th overall pick.

Jerian Grant, a DMV native, might be the best player available when it’s Ernie Grunfeld‘s time to pick next month.

The 6’5″ combo-guard has been around the Wizards for essentially his entire life.

His dad, Harvey Grant, was picked by the Washington Bullets with the 12th overall selection in 1988. He played five consecutive seasons in the nation’s capital before he was traded to the Portland Trail Blazers in 1993. He was eventually traded back to Washington in 1996.

When asked about potentially playing for his hometown club, Grant said:

I walked through these locker rooms and the practice gyms. It brings back memories.”

• Like 1