Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Considering how we don't know how Durant will return from his foot injury, I would take Aldridge and forego the pursuit of Durant if the option was available. Aldridge may not be as a good a scorer, but he would feel this roster as well as KD and he's also in his prime.

I don't really care for Love. I wouldn't sign him if it meant no chance at Durant.

I think Aldridge is a better fit for our team than Durant we need that big who can stretch the floor and play from the post and create

Wizards aren't contenders in the east with the current roster. The Cavs are better and the full strength Pacers might be too. Truth is the wizards are in the pack with Atlanta, Toronto, and Chicago. The friggin bucks are also going to be a concern in a few years too as their young players have massive upside.

If the wizards want to be contenders they have to add some major scoring talent.

I disagree.  I think we made a pretty clear statement about being better than Toronto and I think we were one bad fall from Wall away from doing the same to Atlanta.  Chicago is probably going to get deconstructed, but I think we were better than them too and proved it last postseason.  Indy is a mystery.  They were better than us, but we were also pretty far from peaking.  They lost Lance Stephenson, Hibbert has gone MIA, David West is in decline, and who knows how Paul George is going to look after his injury?

Cleveland would have beaten us, but the gap between them and us isn't big.  And it's going to get smaller as Beal gets better.  We'll compete with them next year to win the conference.

Contending in the East isn't the same as contending period though.  Cleveland marched through the East pretty easily but they're probably going to lose a short series to Golden State, and the same would have probably been true had they played any of the top four or five teams in the West.  Would have been true for us too.

• Like 1

Don't kid yourself Cleveland is far better than the wizards now that they've figured out how to play defense. The wizards don't have scorers on the roster to match Levron, Kyrie, and Love and defensively Cleveland turned it on in the post season and out performed the Wizards. They dismantled the Hawks by over powering them at every position on the floor, our bigs couldn't even stay in front of them.

The wizards need to add a ton of talent to catch up with Cleveland. We don't even have a starting PF at the moment with Nene finally collapsing under his own weight. I'll put it like this, if Cleveland stays the same and he wizards add Aldridge... we still wouldn't be favored in a series against them.

If the heat manage to keep Goran, the playoff picture in the east will be more crowded next season. Wizards need to improve.

Bucks Heat Pacers will all likely improve. Detroit might improve as well. Wizards can't stand pat and expect to have the chips fall in their favor especially with rumors of Pierce leaving.

Cleveland has the edge because of Lebron and there is no way we match that unless we get Durant.

But we're better then everyone else in the East, I'm sure of that.

Atlanta is fraudulent and got exposed. We should have beaten them, would have if Wall doesn't get hurt and we didn't get insanely unlucky.

• Like 1

I think Aldridge is a better fit for our team than Durant we need that big who can stretch the floor and play from the post and create

Durant is the only player remotely close to Lebron in skill level. If you can get Durant here then you do it.

• Like 1

MVP caliber players don't need to fit. If you can get one you build around them. Also where does Durant not fit? He's the ultimate small forward and with Wall he'd either get a ton of wide open shot or space the floor for easy pick n rolls.

I never said Durant doesn't fit

i just personally think if we had a great post player who could also stretch the floor would be a better benefit

we can get shooters for days

And by no means am i saying that i don't want Durant because he is my favorite player and i would love to see him here

Edited by SKiNz Jus 2 sick

Cowherd went off on Wall.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/05/29/colin-cowherd-rails-against-john-wall-again-this-time-for-las-vegas-plane-incident/?tid=sm_tw_ps

Other than his usual racist and stupid BS he says stars don't want to play with Wall, Paul Pierce no longer wants to play with him, and that Durant isn't going to want to either. 

Bayless is a harmless troll...never crosses the line like Cowherd. 

I really wish someone at ESPN, like a Bomani Jones, would take Cowherd to task for the racist BS that he spews. 

Bomani sent a couple of small shots Cowherd's way, but I think ESPN limits what they can say about other ESPN personalities. Bomani used to destroy Darren Rovell on twitter quite often, hasn't said much since joining ESPN.

Edited by StillUnknown