Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you given up on the 2010 Washington Redskins already???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I wouldn't worry about it. I'll make ANY sig bet anyone wants to make that we won't beat that team. We will get embarrassed by them.

I feel the same way. I give the Skins NO CHANCE on Sunday. Somehow, they will find a way to stay in the game until the 4th qtr just so we can suffer. The Skins will blow it though because Andy Reid isn't a moron like Wade Phillips.

If Barron hadn't been called for that hold on Orakpo our Skins would be 0-3 now. I refused to accept that notion by way of my disdain for the Cowturds but reality set in this morning.

Skins have issues. Bad karma rules this organization. Don't know why. Doesn't seem to matter who's the QB, who's coaching, or the owner.

I feel the same way. I give the Skins NO CHANCE on Sunday. Somehow, they will find a way to stay in the game until the 4th qtr just so we can suffer. The Skins will blow it though because Andy Reid isn't a moron like Wade Phillips.

I don't think it will even be that close. I think we are going to get had.

Vick is playing ridiculous and he has weapons.

Our defense is swiss cheese and we could barely touch Bradford. Vick btw, is 3x faster than Bradford.

And our running defense is complete trash.

A total mismatch against what the Eagles are doing right now.

I don't see where we have any advantage at all in that game.. their defense is decent.

I'm going to give up on this season if we lose next week. Having said that, I have full confidence Shanahan is going to right this ship and make us a powerhouse in the coming years, but man oh man that Rams loss hurts. Good thing is, we have a great coach. We'll see how it goes. Knowing the Redskins, we'll beat the Eagles next weekend and we'll be back here wondering what the hell the identity of our team is.

I can't say I've completely given up, but man...the Rams. We let the RAMS hang 30 points on us...with a rookie quarterback.

What a heartless, gutless lot.

yea, thats how I feel. we can still bounce back but swooo the rams? I mean I wasn't looking for the playoffs or anything this year and I know its gonna take time but we really should have beaten the rams. this has me worried as you have to wonder who is at fault for them just flat out not being ready , shannahan? I don't know. just don't know.

If Barron hadn't been called for that hold on Orakpo our Skins would be 0-3 now. I refused to accept that notion by way of my disdain for the Cowturds but reality set in this morning.

Skins have issues. Bad karma rules this organization. Don't know why. Doesn't seem to matter who's the QB, who's coaching, or the owner.

I think it might just be their awful, awful fanbase.

By the way, the cowboys guy TACKLED Orakpo. It wasn't even close. LOL at people thinking we were just a lucky call from being 0-3.

I think it might just be their awful, awful fanbase.

By the way, the cowboys guy TACKLED Orakpo. It wasn't even close. LOL at people thinking we were just a lucky call from being 0-3.

Oh and Galloway was held in the endzone yesterday, maybe that changes the game I don't know but still calls could be contested in any game. However tackling a DE about to kill a QB gets called on game winning throws, so sorry Cowboys but that was on Wade and Garrett for not giving the tackle some help there.

Guest Spearfeather
Way too early to give up. If we win next week, we lead the NFC east . We sucked today, but we've already beaten one division rival who in theory should have creamed us, so who's to say we won't do it again?

This is what I'm concentrating on, and it's kind of hard to believe. The last two games have been brutal to watch, with issues on offense and defense. However, if we can pull out a win, we'll be 2 -2, 2-0 in the divison, and 2 - 1 in the conference. The schedule stays tough after that, but, the rest of them have to play those teams too. Here's hoping we can make some adjustments.

Not true. They could have easily been 3-0....they face the Seahawks and Lions next...they could actually finish 6-10 if not 7-9 looking at their schedule...which is waayyyy easier than ours

good! all the better for the skins seeing how aweful this defence is and how TD defictient the offense is we will probably be 4 and 12 or worse I am already looking at draft position

Never give up, but I think that yesterday was a reality check to let us know how far the team still has to go....many fans, me included. got sucked into the new QB, new coach, new scheme and assumed that would translate into world beaters. we are on the right track, but we still have so many holes to fill (long term QB, RB, WR, LB, OLine). Accepting this as what it truly is, a rebuilding year. is tough, but probably a more pragmatic approach that assuming we will be a Super Bowl team. Our ability to bounce back after a tough loss will be a good test to see just how far we have come from last year or if we contiue the slide.

It was only one bad game, but this is the second game in a row (third really) where we have had NO offense in the second half and our defense was unable to hold onto the game, I a still hopeful for a nice year, but we have a brutal schedule. My redskin gear is still on every Sunday regardless.

Hail

what ability to bounce back? we have no ability! to bounce back, to win close games, to close out games to play every fricken second of the game as it means something, we are sliding show me something different then last year in these three games. Campbell lost games where he scored and produced, still losing games we shoudnt and still letting games be close that should be solid wins. Im not sold on McNabb one out of three games where he produced dont cut it campbell did that

YES, the season is over as the playoffs are concerned. NO, if we are evaluating talent for years to come. The sad part is the cupboard is so bare, and our draft picks are so few, the team realistically is looking at 5 more years of medicore to poor teams.

That being said, I won't retire my jersery for the year if our organization as a whole came out and said.

" As an organization we are rebuilding, but we will continue to work to be competitive every year during this process" ..

The Packers are 60% home grown.. 60%!!! Are the Redskins even 5% homegrown?!

I think the negativety comes from higher expectations. Last year I thought the Detroit loss was as low as it could get but yesterday was worse. The reason being is that we have heard all of this crap in preseason about how things had changed, how a Shanahan coached team would be more disciplined, motivated etc. etc. and that game felt exactly like the 2009 season. I mean heck you open the game by kicking it out of bounds and giving them the ball on the 40 yard line. That may literally have been the play of the game because it created confidence for them and the did not look back. To quote Denny Green, they were who we thought they were and we let them off the hook. I said it after the Houston loss and I truly believe it now. The Houston loss was devastating for this team and I think contributed greatly to the performance we saw yesterday. When you give up 600 yards in yardage, a 17 point lead, and lose in overtime you lose confidence and they simply were not able to bounce back from it.

I think the team still has the chance to post a respectable season record and be competitive IF the coaching staff makes the same adjustments Joe Gibbs did in 1981 and realize this is not the Baltimore Ravens defense. The Redskins defense is a 4-3 unit personnel-wise. For the team to get off the mat and get back in the fight we need 11 guys on defense that know what they are supposed to do AND can do it :)

These guys on defense are TRYING but many of them are miscast and playing out of position and Haslett just stands there on the sidelines shaking his head.

Joe Gibbs realized at 0-5 in 1981 that Joe Theismann was not Dan Fouts and that the Redskins didn't have John Jefferson and Kellen Winslow as receivers. But he did have a good run blocking offensive line and a running back that consistently gained 1,000 yards :)

:ols: at the idea of "giving up"

First off, if anyone thought we'd be a playoff team :ols: at you, you HOMER.

Reasonable expectations for me was 7 or 8 wins maximum. So no, I have not given up on that yet.

There's no way anyone with any kind of football head could look at this team and think playoffs before the season began. No way, no how. Yay, we have a QB, and yay we have a great new coach and yay we made some nice moves.

But the fact is that we have a radical change of defensive philosophy and we have another new offensive scheme, and we have mostly players built for 4-3 defenses, Joe Gibbs offense and whatever the hell Zorn was trying to run. (Any holdover players left from Spurrier? I don't think so.)

It will take TIME to get this team on track enough to reasonably expect a playoff run. All those mixed parts and the problems they bring just by the fact of us being on the coaching carousel cannot be transformed in a year. We simply don't have the personel. No speed at RB, no OL depth at all, (even the line itself is patchwork. Only one player on the line you can say definitely has a future here, and that's Williams. everyone else are plug-in players.) Our linebackers are horrible for the 3-4. We're exposed at safety and Andre Carter looks lost out there. (we can decry Haslet, or we can be patient and see what transpires when he starts getting players geared to this defense.)

So, patience, patience, patience. We're awfully short on it around here. Give Shanahan time and he'll build a winner. And "time" is more than 3 weeks.

~Bang

Everyone has, we will win 1 game this year. I swear, so many people on ES just sitting on there computer waiting for the Redskins to lose so they can come on here and bash away. There are so many fans on here who love when we lose so they can whine, ***** and tell everyone I told you we suck. We are 1-2.....same with the Cowboys (who we beat) and the Giants. Yes....1-2. It's not the end of the world. The team will hit practice and film and come out next Sunday with a new gameplan and some fixes on defense. I wonder how many people we will disappoint on here next weekend if we beat the Eagles. I'm betting tons.

I agree 100%

Archived