Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsfan's report! (it's long)

ramsfan09

Welcome again to our message board, Ramsfan. Although I may quibble with some of your observations, (e.g., re: Haslett), that was an interesting and informative post. Thanks for posting!

How much have the Rams improved over last season, RamsFAN? Although we're only two games into the season, what does your gut tell you? I think the Rams are going to be one of the most improved teams this season, mainly because of your impressive new QB, Bradford.

well...i cant call rams a rival no matter what anyone says. I cant see i see any rams hatred going on here, and i have no reason to dislike them. I cant think of any heated matchups we've ever had, they arent in our division, so no competition there. I dont see the hard hits going on that go on in cowboys redskins games in a rams game. i really dont get whoever made that poll

:doh:

Thanks for the input. However I disagree with your examination of our defense, Haslett's defense has done nothing but pressure the QB in the two games we've seen. Tony Romo sits to pee said hes "never seen that many CB blitzes in his life".

One tip to your Offense... watch out for Landry. Hes playing like a superhuman right now.

You guys read his post wrong concerning Haslett. He was comparing Haslett's defense when he was the Rams D-Coord/coach compared with this defense they have now. He preferred the smaller, faster players when he was there and they ran the 4-3 and didn't apply alot of pressure. I think was due to a lack of talent more than anything.. Now, the new defensive coordinator prefers bigger, stronger guys and they try to put alot of pressure on the QB. He was not talking about our first 2 games on defense.

I gotta say, since hanging out on their message boards and just my experiences with them in general, Rams fans seem to be pretty decent folk.

Too bad we have to break their shiny new QB this weekend. :( Hope he's a quick healer!

Living in St. Louis, I have learned Rams fans are really great people, just not very passionate about the Rams. This place is definitely a baseball city. I've hardly seen a Rams jersey since I've been here. I guarantee if the city had the choice of a Lombardi or a World Series trophy, they'd pick the WS.

It's the only thing I hate about this place. No passion for football AT ALL. Obviously that doesn't go along with EVERY Rams fan, but the majority don't care. They have blackout issues pretty often, especially compared to teams like the Skins who haven't have a blacked out game (ever as far as I can remember) even though we've had some awful seasons.

Two things I need to clear up:

#1: I was joking about the Rams and Redskins being a rivalry. Some need a severe readjustment of their sarcasm detector! I think only one guy detected it.

#2: I was talking about Jim Haslett's defense as the Rams head coach (for 12 games) and as the DC for two years. Obviously a 3-4 isn't going to be a fast and finesse defense. I'm fairly surprised he went to a 3-4 in DC, usually coordinators don't do a complete 180 in their philosophy in the middle of their career. I guess someone mandated this in Washington.

Luckily, I don't really care about the LA years as a StL fan. But yeah, I've seen it numerous times before and it's awful.

It's because we were both last in our divisions last year. Also, our last marquee game was in 2007, a Thursday night game against the Steelers. We've had a lot since Warner left, but not many since 2007!

Thank you! I hope so too. I think he'll be fine.

And I am anxious to see if we have just looked improved because of playing against two teams who haven't looked stellar, or if we're going to be killed against the Redskins.

He's already taken hits on his shoulder. In the preseason against the Browns, he took one hit that looked almost exactly like his first hit in college that injured his shoulder initially. He came up fine.... I know teams will be saying all season how they'll tear his shoulder up but I think it's OK at this point. The OL has been playing well too, really the biggest difference is that they're healthy and having Alex Barron gone helps too (replaced by Rodger Saffold).

It looks like we've improved considerably. They played well in their first two games and really should have won both. The last game, we missed a 33 yard field goal and lost by 2. The first game, we fumbled an INT return on the Cardinals' 3 yard line after like a 75 yard return and also had a blocked field goal, we lost by 3.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda... but the Rams could very well be 2-0 right now. But as I said above, we've played against two teams who will probably be below average or bad this year in the Raiders and Cardinals. I am anxious to see how we perform against a quality team.

Thank you. I expect the same.

*insert clapping emoticon here*

Man, I'm not passionate about the Rams? :(

Since 2007, the Rams have lost 44 of their last 50. Could you show me where the Redskins have had similar struggles? Think about it; forty four of fifty. They've been here for the 15th year now. I was there when they had their first game at Busch Stadium. Only 3 games were blacked out last year, that's not a terrible sum considering the record of the team.

We've only had 6 blackouts in total since the start of the 1995 season (When the Rams moved here). Considering we've lost 44 of 50 recently, that isn't a bad number!

Think if DC had a team move there just 15 years ago, and be absolutely atrocious recently. You think they'd sell out every game? I am proud of the fact that we've only had 3 blackouts last year, I honestly do not think that many cities would accomplish that

Sorry, don't blame me! :pfft:

Man, I'm not passionate about the Rams? :(

Since 2007, the Rams have lost 44 of their last 50. Could you show me where the Redskins have had similar struggles? Think about it; forty four of fifty. They've been here for the 15th year now. I was there when they had their first game at Busch Stadium. Only 3 games were blacked out last year, that's not a terrible sum considering the record of the team.

We've only had 6 blackouts in total since the start of the 1995 season (When the Rams moved here). Considering we've lost 44 of 50 recently, that isn't a bad number!

Think if DC had a team move there just 15 years ago, and be absolutely atrocious recently. You think they'd sell out every game? I am proud of the fact that we've only had 3 blackouts last year, I honestly do not think that many cities would accomplish that

Hey now, I said, "Obviously that doesn't go along with EVERY Rams fan, but the majority don't care." And it's completely true. It's not as if you guys NEVER had an NFL team, the Cardinals moved away in 1987 and the Rams came in 1995 and only won a Super Bowl, and went to another the very next season. Yeah, it was 11 years ago, but it's been almost 20 years since the Skins have even been close. Not to mention, if you go back 10 years, here's how the 2 teams stack up, Rams 71-89, Skins 70-90, and if you go back farther than that, it's ridiculously on your side. You would think, coming to town and having like 6 straight seasons of double digit wins, one SB trophy, and another SB appearance, would have locked up support for a new team, but it didn't.

I'm not saying you guys are as bad as Raiders fans or anything (they've had 8 or 9 straight blackouts, and since moving to Oakland in '95 they've had "44 games on television, and 77 blackouts since moving to Oakland", I'm just saying this ISN'T an NFL city.

You know it's true, everyone here talks about the Blues, the Cardinals, blah blah blah, no one talks about the Rams. I've had yet to talk with a single person from here about Bradford even. People should at LEAST be happy about that! The most excitement I've seen in this city, as far as football goes, was when Warner was in the SB with the Cardinals. Whereas every single season/offseason in the DC area the Skins are the number 1 topic. Even last season, even during the SPURRIER era.

So, either it's not an NFL city (after all you guys lost the Cardinals TOO), or it's a very very fair weather city, I can't tell because the Cards have been good since I've moved in, the Blues have been pretty good too, and the Rams have been bad. I'm just sayin'.

And, on another note. I just want to say, besides this being a bad football city, I LOVE St. Louis. I hope I never have to leave, honestly this place is the greatest city I've ever lived in, especially for families. I'm impressed by nearly everything about it, and I've lived all over, Augusta Georgai, Moneterey California, Richmond Virginia, some small ***** town in Texas for a while, a couple places in Utah, all over southern California, and BY FAR St. Louis outranks them all (except for Monterey, but because the cost of living was out of this world, St. Louis wins).

EDIT: Also, I think the Rams are definitely headed in the right direction. I hope they stay in St. Louis. I really like listening to Billy Devaney in radio interviews, he's probably the most genuine honest guy in the NFL right now (which hasn't shown to work against him so far), and I think they have some unbelievable talent to build a team around with Bradford, Jackson (though they need a young guy behind him), hopefully Jason Smith will come around soon, Chris Long is fantastic and doesn't get the recognition he deserves, not to mention Laurenitis (sp?).

Hey now, I said, "Obviously that doesn't go along with EVERY Rams fan, but the majority don't care." And it's completely true. It's not as if you guys NEVER had an NFL team, the Cardinals moved away in 1987 and the Rams came in 1995 and only won a Super Bowl, and went to another the very next season. Yeah, it was 11 years ago, but it's been almost 20 years since the Skins have even been close. Not to mention, if you go back 10 years, here's how the 2 teams stack up, Rams 71-89, Skins 70-90, and if you go back farther than that, it's ridiculously on your side. You would think, coming to town and having like 6 straight seasons of double digit wins, one SB trophy, and another SB appearance, would have locked up support for a new team, but it didn't.

I'm not saying you guys are as bad as Raiders fans or anything (they've had 8 or 9 straight blackouts, and since moving to Oakland in '95 they've had "44 games on television, and 77 blackouts since moving to Oakland", I'm just saying this ISN'T an NFL city.

You know it's true, everyone here talks about the Blues, the Cardinals, blah blah blah, no one talks about the Rams. I've had yet to talk with a single person from here about Bradford even. People should at LEAST be happy about that! The most excitement I've seen in this city, as far as football goes, was when Warner was in the SB with the Cardinals. Whereas every single season/offseason in the DC area the Skins are the number 1 topic. Even last season, even during the SPURRIER era.

So, either it's not an NFL city (after all you guys lost the Cardinals TOO), or it's a very very fair weather city, I can't tell because the Cards have been good since I've moved in, the Blues have been pretty good too, and the Rams have been bad. I'm just sayin'.

And, on another note. I just want to say, besides this being a bad football city, I LOVE St. Louis. I hope I never have to leave, honestly this place is the greatest city I've ever lived in, especially for families. I'm impressed by nearly everything about it, and I've lived all over, Augusta Georgai, Moneterey California, Richmond Virginia, some small ***** town in Texas for a while, a couple places in Utah, all over southern California, and BY FAR St. Louis outranks them all (except for Monterey, but because the cost of living was out of this world, St. Louis wins).

Bill Bidwell left because he didn't get a new stadium built here.

The Cardinals have been here for about 140 years (yes, 140) and have the second most championships in the MLB. Is it really a surprise that they're better supported?

The Rams fans are obviously excited about Bradford. The past two games have been the highest-rated in about 3 seasons according to the St Louis Post Dispatch.

We sold out the first game this season and also this Sunday's. The city will support a team who at least shows signs of life.

Think about what Redskins fans would be like if you guys lost 44 of your next FIFTY games.

I don't really want to argue about fan support. I'm a fan of my team and that's all I really care about

well...i cant call rams a rival no matter what anyone says. I cant see i see any rams hatred going on here, and i have no reason to dislike them. I cant think of any heated matchups we've ever had, they arent in our division, so no competition there. I dont see the hard hits going on that go on in cowboys redskins games in a rams game. i really dont get whoever made that poll

Wowser

BTW Good to see you back Ramsfano9

Archived