Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsfan's report! (it's long)

ramsfan09

Hello Ramsfan

I will say this...I'm not underestimating your team at all. Like you said Alex Barron being gone helps and quite frankly...no game is 100% guaranteed

I have followed your team before...what's amazing is everyone forgets that Marc Bulger actually started out pretty well...damn good actually...but obviously it turned out he wasn't a great QB. Great Qbs last

I'll also say that I think Sam Bradford is the real deal. What concerns me is it seems he's learning fast...that's not good at all :-/...lol. But anyway...this is why teams have to have a win now attitude in mind every year or two imo. Nothing in the NFL is guaranteed...especially with Championships. 32 teams and only ONE team can win...I expect your team to be a force in 2 years and make great strides next year...which isn't good for the rest of the NFL lol

Good day...remember worst to first(1999)

I dont think that they are trying to make a rivalry as much as both of our teams happen to end up at the bottom of their divisions

Are you kidding? Did you see the NFL Network show where they counted down the 10 best games of the decade? Number 6 on the list???.....

6. Rams at Redskins (2009, Week 2)

Summary: In one of the most hard-hitting and epic showdowns of the past 10 seasons, the powerful St. Louis Rams invaded Washington to take on Jim Zorn and his Redskins. What ensued was as compelling and exciting 60 minutes of football as you could hope to see. Jason Campbell and Marc Bulger went toe to toe like two outlaws in a shootout from the old west. Both defenses held firm against the strong offensive attacks, but the Rams eventually cracked and yielded two field goals to future hall of fame kicker, Shawn Suisham. After riveting the crowd in the 3rd quarter by taking a commanding 7-6 lead, the ball was once again in the hands of Campbell and Zorn who were charged with putting together one last game-winning drive (again). Similar to Joe Montana against the Bengals in Super Bowl XXIII, Campbell cooly led his team down the field and put his team ahead 9-7. The Marc Bulger-Laurent Robinson combination, which NFL Network has ranked as the 4th best QB/WR combo ever led a last gasp charge, but they came up short as the Redskins doused Zorn with a much deserved Gatorade bath. There are some games you remember, and others you can't forget. This was both.

Think about what Redskins fans would be like if you guys lost 44 of your next FIFTY games.

I just showed you over the last decade the Rams are ahead, and over the last 15 years you guys knock the Skins out of the water. And here's an article by ESPN about how close the Rams games are to being blacked out, and probably WILL be blacked out either next week or the one after since the Rams FO has been buying all their own tickets and donating them to charities. That's why they've been "sold out" not because of fans.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/9471/rams-buy-tickets-to-avoid-blackout

I'll just leave it at that since that's not what your thread is about.

I hope the team gets the support because I actually like the Rams, and I know you are a devoted fan, I just wish there were more of them in the city. Heck, I've thought about buying season tickets just because it's football and currently St. Louis is my home team.

I'm really rooting for them (obviously not this week) because I don't want them to go to LA. That piece of **** city had two teams and couldn't support ONE of them enough to keep them, so why would they deserve another. Sorry about the rant.

Good luck this week.

QB: Obviously we have Sam Bradford now, who is in my opinion already a large step up from the trio of Marc Bulger/Kyle Boller/Kieth Null that started last year. Against the Raiders he had a pretty darn good game for a rookie and put up an 86.6 QB rating and with that we've already tied the 2009 Rams for QB-ratings-over-80 in a single game!

Your not playing the Raiders this week.

WR: A weak group overall. Clayton has been outstanding but I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop with him. Avery got hurt. Robinson hasn't had a good start to the season. Amendola is a nice possession guy. Rookie Mardy Gilyard hasn't seen any time really but i expect that to change on Sunday because of Robinson's poor play.

Be honest, you need a decent WR thats why the Rams were looking into VJ.

TE: Unfortunately our top 2 TEs, Hoomanawanui and Fells are both out with injury and Bradford seemed to really have a chemistry developing with both. Rookie Fendi Onobun will start. He is insanely athletic but very very raw. No clue who the TE2 will be

not good for dump off reasons.

Ok I'm just going to stop.... Rams fans must look at this game as the same two bad teams that played last yr and since they have added a few pieces then this game will be thier stepping stone to the play offs.

Redskin fans look at last yrs game and say we were so much the better team and yet played down to our opponant. This yr is different and we just battled two play off teams. Well supposedly Dallas was a SB contender and it appears their not getting their act together. Houston most likely is and we went toe to toe with them and barely lost. So playing the Rams actually is more like a trap game for us. It's a game we should win but by over looking them we could lose.

I predict a Redskins victory. This game is where we get ahead far enought to simply run the ball and get the running game on track.

Have a nice day. :)

Here's the Rams game plan:

1. Bradford tries not to get killed by RAK or Landry, and hands the ball off to Stephen Jackson.

2. Repeat step 1 until 4th down.

3. Punt.

What, Jackson is incapable of getting first downs in the NFL? ;)

The Rams have the fourth lowest run-pass ratio. As I mentioned in my first post, I think you'll be surprised if you think they're just handing it off all day. It's clear that the team trusts Bradford to throw the ball.

I just showed you over the last decade the Rams are ahead, and over the last 15 years you guys knock the Skins out of the water.

You're right that this isn't what I came here to argue about! I won't wish good luck to the Redskins because they don't really need any extra help in this game! ;)

I dont think that they are trying to make a rivalry as much as both of our teams happen to end up at the bottom of their divisions

Well either way man you gotta admit that this is an epic matchup. They've even doubled the NFL Films crew at the game. It's also on Monday Night Football, they only put the best matchups on there! I think that when the clock goes to 0:00 in the fourth inning that Fox announcer Joe Gibbs will wipe a tear away from his cheek and say, "Now it belongs to the ages."

It's almost a given that both teams with score 45+ and also play great defense.

For anyone not familiar with the Rams, Stephen Jackson is one of the most under-rated RBs in the league, he's carried the team on his back for the last 3-4 years and has been fantastic against consistent 8 man fronts. Don't disrespect Jackson, we WISH we had a back of his ability at this point.

Our first priority should be stopping Jackson, then it should be putting pressure on Bradford, not that it can't work the other way, but Bradford really is missing two of the best receivers the team has (the TE, Hoomanawanui, is going to be an instant STAR the minute he gets back from injury, the guy is an excellent receiver AND blocker).

We should definitely NOT be underestimating the Rams, their record at this point isn't a good judge of their character. They're much better than they were last year, if not just for having Bradford. The Skins are much better too, so I still think the Skins beat them, but I'm not sure it will be a blow out like everyone's thinking. Both teams are a handful of plays away from being 0-2 or 2-0.

All I can say is check out what the experts are believing......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

I don't think a one picked the Rams to win. Definitly agree if we walked in thinking it would be a cake walk and slept on them then we would be screwed. However the chances of Shanahan sleeping on the Rams is almost nill. This being his first year I doubt he sleeps on anyone.

"There's two of em, there's a Jackson Ram also." - Portis

"He's a beautiful, beautiful Ram...spectacular horns." -Cooley

"Pretty hair." - Portis

:ols: those are pretty funny.

I'm not worried about Shanahan "sleeping" on the Rams, I'm worried about the guys who are going to be on the field sleeping on the Rams.

Archived