Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boardwalk Empire

Heisenberg

I wasn't disappointed but thought there would be more suspense or drama to last night's finale. I assumed there would be more surprises, but everything one would assume happened, happened. And the flash forward of the beginning of the episode really took away from the drama of the big battle I thought. Capone comes in, tries to have a fight, shoots a machine gun, and then leaves.

Should be interesting to see what happens next season.

Arnold Rothstein plays chess, while everyone else plays checkers.

Or not...

Rothstein's nickname in real life was "The Brain". No doubt he was a very smart guy. His fatal flaw however was he failed to make the transistion between

the gentelman mobsters of the early prohabition years to the ruthless blood thirsty mobsters who came after such as Capone. With his aliances and how he handled

the invasion of AC one could say Nuckie made that transition. Rothstein really not so much. Rothstein's "mussle", the men in his organizaiton who were the most ruthless;

he just really disrespected with that narcotics deal. Not a smart move for Arnold.

People have it right. Harrow is another level. A different, more potently competent, manifestation of killer. Cold, calculating, controlled, and extremely effective (skilled) professional in contrast to dysfunctional, emotional, though extremely violent, amateurs of random skills. Closest thing to him TV-wise recently would be Omar.

That's what I'm talking about.... I was watching the Harrow rampage and thinking... I called that,, I called that!!...

But I agree with you Rossetti for all his killing was an emotional irrational liability. He was an amateur. Harrow is equally cold, but entirely calculated and intelligent about his work. He's a professional. I loved the way they contrasted the professional killers with the mobsters at this point in their evolution. The ruthless men like Capone and Rossetti were replacing the less cold blooded but equally crooked "mobsters" of the early years. They were not smart though, they depended upon the fear they generated so people wouldn't cross them. Harrow really is the next stage of mobster. That kind of discipline wasn't introduced into organized crime until Murder Inc in the 40's...

People have it right. Harrow is another level. A different, more potently competent, manifestation of killer. Cold, calculating, controlled, and extremely effective (skilled) professional in contrast to dysfunctional, emotional, though extremely violent, amateurs of random skills. Closest thing to him TV-wise recently would be Omar.

I think I said this before. While everybody else looks normal, they are flawed on the inside. Harrow is flawed on the outside but even with his revenge/protect Jimmy's kid thing....its the most steady character in the show. He knows who and what he is. His conflicts are more about just making a decision between A and B.

I've never dug the Gillian (Gretchen Mol) character. I think she's good, but I didn't love the scenes she was in. Last night she killed it I thought. Even when she was nearly OD'd on the floor. Killed the scene.

I thought it was a strong ending. They have so many options on what to do for season 4.

I think I said this before. While everybody else looks normal, they are flawed on the inside. Harrow is flawed on the outside but even with his revenge/protect Jimmy's kid thing....its the most steady character in the show. He knows who and what he is. His conflicts are more about just making a decision between A and B.

Harrow is a sick dude. He's not "steady". He's a guy who was only a few episodes removed from having his own gun in his mouth, for no better reason than he was bored. Lost interest in life. He's a guy who has no problem murdering people either as a profession or to satisfy his own idea's of justice. That's not normal or steady and it's definitely sociopaths behavior. The differences between Harrow and Rossetti or Capone are

(1) Harrow's likely killed a lot more people than those two.

(2) Harrow's smarter.

(3) Harrow will kill when money or self interest isn't involved.

(4) Harrow sees himself as working inside of something bigger... moral code perhaps... where Rosetti and Capone are just in it for themselves.

(5) Harrow see's the world as either soldiers who you can kill, or innocents who you don't, where as the other sociopaths don't make any distinction.

(6) Harrow is a guy who seems more predictable, but he's not that's just an illusion. Harrow is just more calculating.

(7) Harrow's self destructive tendencies are more inward focused than outward focused like Capone's and Rosseti.

I've never dug the Gillian (Gretchen Mol) character. I think she's good, but I didn't love the scenes she was in. Last night she killed it I thought. Even when she was nearly OD'd on the floor. Killed the scene.

I thought it was a strong ending. They have so many options on what to do for season 4.

Agree'd... It was worth carrying her for the last two seasons to see her face off with Rosetti.. Did she OD? I thought they left that kind of open... It would be a good end for her character though.

he can be "sick" and "steady" compared to everybody else. I think we won't agree on this.

Anyway...I agree....she could have OD'd right there and it would have been an good end for her.

Also, after Capone and Chalky lit up those cars and Al says that got "it" out of his system and they both kind of laughed....I loved that. It was like "Yeah.....I get you......for the moment". Michael Kenneth Williams (Chalky/Omar) is $$

I loved that. It was like "Yeah.....I get you......for the moment". Michael Kenneth Williams (Chalky/Omar) is $$

my favorite part of the episode. they smiled and then shared a laugh. Both their crews had been arguing with each other the wholetime, and that moment was almost like they said "truce" LOL.

I think Harrow is going to go into Gillian's establishment and take Tommy out of there and run off with Julia. To do that, he has to kill Gyp's men that are holding down the fort and Gillian, thus the armament.

When he was going to take Tommy out because of what was going on at Gillian's and she kicked him out, that was the final straw for him.

Capone showing up was classic, bad guy to the rescue. But what is he going to want? The booze from the distillery in PA for starters.

Almost spot on dude! Harrow did clean house with attitude.

• 9 months later...

Watched this last night (missed Sunday).  Am excited for the new season.  Also, Nucky isn't interested in women who look for him to get them to Broadway like he did for Billie, whom he loved.  Girl was stupid.  Unfortunately, lots of girls were written to look stupid last night, using their bodies to get what they want.  Alas, that's often thought of, even today.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not that impressed with this season. It just seems there are far too many characters/side stories. There are some good scenes, good acting etc. but what is the end game? Some weeks we see the Capone character growing and then next week it's like ok that is not important let's learn about the kid at college.

• 1 month later...

I have absolutely no idea why this thread isnt more active...

Baordwalk Empire is one of the best shows on television.

i mean... a show where Steve ****ing Buscemi is the main character??? Gangsters and thieves during prohibition?!

season finale was EPIC!!!

Archived