Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boardwalk Empire

Heisenberg

How'd he get the better of Chalky?

Chalky found Daughter and learned that she had a child that was his. Narcisse came and there was dialogue about how she had been unable to find work, blacklisted by Narcisse. She had been cleaning toilets. Chalky sacrifices himself, giving himself up to Narcisse on the promise that she will begin singing professionally again... the opportunity to save Daughter and his own daughter (after he was at least somewhat culpable in the death of his other daughter) from a life that she was not meant to live.

He couldn't go out swinging? Why lay it down to Narcise...

Probably to ensure the safety of the singer chick.  Seemed like Narcise had a pretty firm grasp on both her personal life and her singing career.  Chalk gave his life to guarantee her safety.  Pretty muched pulled a Denzel Washington from Man on Fire LOL. 

what a fun ride it's been.  About time Buscemi got the credit he deserves and was the lead role in a big hit show/movie.  I'm gonna miss BE.

I thought that scene with Torrio in one room, an old man with a cane...and Lansky and Luciano in the other room, popping bottles of champagne with hookers was pretty neat.  Passing of the baton (or maybe more of a takeover LOL)  from one generation to the next.

Things ain't lookin' goof for Nuck, however...Possible spoiler, but not really?? ~~~>  The real life Nucky Johnson lived well into his 80s.  The writers for BE have said that Nuck Thompson's story is "loosely" based on the real life guy.  But if they go with the real life ending, Nucky doesn't die this Sunday.  

Agreed.  Everything has been leading up to his death.  the flashbacks, which basically tell us how he became "Nucky Thompson."  Everybody close to him dying.  Only seems fitting that it ends with him dead.  And the previews for the finale didn't look good for him LOL 

I like your theory of him going to jail with his nephew breaking the case.  Also, I guess we see now why they kept Gillian's storyline alive all this season.  I wonder what will become of Margaret?  I guess her storyline could already be considered closed.  she's become savvy after spending time with Nuck and seems to be okay on her won the last 7 years.  I wonder if Eli dies

The boy that

many of us feel is Darmody's son

had a line that I think served as a bit of foreshadowing.  He told Nucky (before he got kicked out) "there are many things that I can help you with."  That wasn't a throwaway line...I think that he's going to have a prominent role in the finale in one way or another. 

I'm gonna miss this show.  Steve Buscemi has been great throughout the entire thing.  I've missed Rothstein this season as well, he was one of my favorite actors on the show.

Rip Owen, his right hand man who had to die cuz he was bangin' Margaret.  RIP his butler who was shamed into suicide.  RIP Jimmy Darmody.  Though the Commodore did a lot for Nuck, may he rest in piss for what he did to Gillian.

I'm gonna miss this show.  Steve Buscemi has been great throughout the entire thing.  I've missed Rothstein this season as well, he was one of my favorite actors on the show.

Rip Owen, his right hand man who had to die cuz he was bangin' Margaret.  RIP his butler who was shamed into suicide.  RIP Jimmy Darmody.  Though the Commodore did a lot for Nuck, may he rest in piss for what he did to Gillian.

Gonna be interesting to see how things unfold, but it's going to be VERY interesting to see how Nucky plays a role in Gillian getting mixed up w/ the Commodore, especially after seeing what he saw. 

We're going to be able to pinpoint the exact moment that Nucky lost his morals. 

agreed.  Nuck knew as soon as he saw the little girl standing there what went down.  You could see the digsust on his face, but at the same time the ambition apparently took over as Nuck kept working for the Comm.  I definitely see him making right what he swept under the rug all those years ago.  The least he can do before he dies or goes to jail (he seems to know its coming) is get her outta that asylum.

Must've been a difficult relationship he had with the Commodore.  he made Enuch into "Nucky THompson."  Nucky's Atlantic City empire is entirely because of the Commodore.  But at the same time, Nuck probably resented the crap out of him for forcing him to accept (or at least not speak of) the molestation.

I wish they would do a follow-up series centered around Luciano and Lansky. Maybe I just laugh at the thought of a London Arab actor speaking Yiddish with a NY accent.

I guess the tough thing would be the writers wouldn't have as much freedom since the main characters wouldn’t be fictional.

Kinda cool how they had Princeton frat boys regaling with each other just before Jimmy's son appears.

Archived