Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A little call out to sec 101

Bobbyst21

I was in the lower bowl and my section was packed and LOUD. We knew when to stand and make noise, and we knew when to sit our asses down and shut the hell up. I saw no cheese being eaten and no wine being drunk (though a couple of people WERE drinking Bud Limes).

So...Redskins go up 6-0 and I hear some arguing behind me...an old white man told the two 35ish black guys behind him to stop leaning/touching/and breathing on him since they were so close. So, they respond with 'STFU old man, I'll punch an old man', and they start arguing back and forth...then the black guys pull the race card out of nowhere and tell him he's racist. Finally, the people around them tell the black guys to calm down because they kept trying to taunt the old man.

about 5 minutes later, 4 guys walk up and notify them that they are sitting in their seats. The black guys get up and leave and mumble something to the old man....the whole section says 'wtf, those werent even their seats'.

If they had sucker punched the old man, I was about to come up their and beat the **** out of both of them....you dont treat old people that way, AND a fellow skins fan.

I was in section 239

Also, I noticed many in our area would sit...i think they were still making noise, but I was unimpressed with my corner.

that first play the Texans ran at the 1 yd line was deafening...wow!

I sit in 103

The Cowboys game we stood pretty much the ENTIRE Game!! Because some people are morons and think we should be making noise while on offense. The next day my legs hurt from sitting down for one minute, then standing up for 15 mins, sitting down for 1 min, then standing for 15. When one person stands up, if makes everyone behind them stand up so they can see.

Today wasn't so bad in my section, but I saw a lot of people over in 101 standing, even while we were on offense. Not sure if the OP was one of those people or not, but some of you need to learn when to stand and cheer, and when to sit down and STFU, my 2 cents

P.S. they had to put the "QUIET PLEASE" sign on the jumbotron today while we were on offense, they didnt do that during the Cowboys game that i saw.

We were told VENOMOUSLY time and again to sit down and not cheer as if we were at a tennis match!!!

No freakin way??? While we were on Defense??? I'd of spit beer all over myself if someone told me to sit or be quite at a Skins game.. Times must be a changin.. Never EVER had any problems like that at RFK.. (Never been to FedEx)

Today was my first pro game. Me and my girl score awesome tickets in section 101. Come to find out that was the section of all the stadium to display being a fan. We were told VENOMOUSLY time and again to sit down and not cheer as if we were at a tennis match!!!!!!Out of all the fans there were about five of us cheering our hearts out!!! When your a fan of the best game in the world why would you ever be quiet about it? And we were behind the bench,I think the guys need that encouragement from the fans who love and idolize them. So to the so called fans in section 101 you need to re-evaluate how you conduct yourself as a fan!!!!

If you got them for free, then oh well, if you paid for them, I know the view is worse but I would suggest the upper level. I've never been told to sit down up there, thats where a lot of big fans sit. The club level and parts of the lower level can be the real wine and cheese types who leave at halftime to beat traffic and don't want anybody to cheer at a football game.

I hope you're not THAT guy. That one guy in every section who is the self-appointed section cop who thinks he has to tell people when and how to cheer. He's the one guy standing up when EVERYBODY else in the section is sitting down during a timeout or when the Redskins are on offense. Because he's a better fan than other people. So what if the people right behind him didn't pay $120 for a view of his fat ass?

Most sections do just fine without those guys.

Yeah man thats me.I'm that guy screaming when OUR offense is on the field.gotta make sure they cant hear the play call.....Dude your a joke...seriously.....you think id make this thread and be that dumb ass fan??????Yep im wasting my energy during a time out cheering and acting like a fool..you can kiss my so called fat ass alright,cause obviously you have no idea what your talking about.Sec 101 was as quiet as ive EVER seen.Ya damn right i tried to get the fans to cheer when we were on defense.And cheered after a nice play on offense.even clapped after a bad play,saying its all good.......you are exactly what i made this thread about.....a fan,enjoying the game and being screamed at by fans.....thanks for proving my point...

Truth. Verizon Center is f-ing loud. I went to a Cowboys-Redskins MNF game a couple years back and to be honest, I don't think the atmosphere was a crazy as Capitals-Penguins in the second round of the playoffs. And it's probably not near as loud as the Capital Centre was.

As has been said before, 90,000 is too big. A nice 65-70,000 seater in D.C. is what I pray for. FedEx caters too much to bums who should be busy washing their Porsches.

Yeah, this game wasn't anything like the Cowboys game. I was in the new party deck area for the Cowboys game and we were all loud and banging and stomping on whatever we could. I had actual club level seats today and whenever I looked over at the party deck area everyone was just standing around, hardly any cheering and there were only 2 guys that took advantage of the metal in front of them to pound on. That area is capable of making a lot of noise but not today. I was tempted to go over there and hype everyone up and demonstrate how they should be cheering when we were on defense.

I remember a few years ago. I was in row 5 in section 420. We were on defense and it was 3rd and goal from like the 2 in the endzone right by us. I was standing and yelling and I was told to sit down by some guys a few rows behind me, hardly anyone in that section was standing up. I asked them how long they had been season ticket holders and they said 5 years which kind of surprised me that they were actual season ticket holders. That was the worst game I had ever been to, feeling like I was doing something wrong for standing up on defense. I almost felt that I didn't want to go to another game after that. I don't know how they can not realize that crowd noise does affect the offense. Every little bit helps.

It's funny to me how these stereotypes just multiply. The old stereotype was that just the luxury boxes had the bad fans. Then the whole club seats became wine and cheesers. Now the whole lower bowl are crappy fans. :rolleyes:

Get a grip people.

It isn't necessarily that they are bad fans. Usually in the sections I sit in (generally 400's) are pretty active with cheering the team on. But whenever I see things about people not engaging, it is in the lower level. Like I said before, I just don't see the point in attending a game when you are just gonna be a bump on a log.

Today was my first pro game.!
.Sec 101 was as quiet as ive EVER seen

Help me out here, your first pro game and you complain that your section is as quiet as you've ever seen?

Seems to me that rookie fans ought to take the lead from the veteran fans that have more than one pro game under their belts.

Help me out here, your first pro game and you complain that your section is as quiet as you've ever seen?

Seems to me that rookie fans ought to take the lead from the veteran fans that have more than one pro game under their belts.

He may have contradicted him self there but he paid the same amount for that ticket as the other guy did, when you go to the game you want to experiance a good time and CHEER for your team when appropriate. Just cause its his first game dont mean he is a "rookie fan". Come on you go to a football game to cheer. If i was cheering and i was told to shut up or sit down (depending if there was a "please" or a reason behind it) I would have been pissed i would have mouthed back.

Did you miss the "pro" part? I'm assuming he's been to multiple college games. Experienced the atmosphere there and was disappointed by Skins fans at FedEx.

I dont buy the lower level bs. I was in 426 row 3 last year and no one stood. This year we got upgraded to 106 row 5 and it has been pretty crazy for both games. At the start of the Dallas game someone told us to sit down, we refused, and our entire section stood during the entire Cowboys game and a good portion of the Texans game.

An afternoon game, on a hot day, against a Texans club who is moving the ball at will, will not get the same output as last week. Period.

I was in 403 and the stadium sounded damn loud to me.

I think some people forget to take into account that there are elderly, handicapped and disabled folks that come to cheer on our team as best they can. Sometimes the person 4, 5 8, 10, 12 rows back isnt able to stand (especially up and down all game long) and when the ripple effect takes place from someone standing in a lower row it hinders their ability to enjoy the game. Seem Fair? Are they less of a fan because they can't stand?

I'd be willing to bet that the OP was the self appointed cheerleader for sect. 101 and in my experience those are the guys that get told to sit down and shut up because for the most part they are drunk asshats that have zero clue. I had 2 next to me that thought it was a good idea to stand AND scream/yell the entire time our OFFENSE was on the field. If I had my way I'd be able to sit in row 29 of the uppers and still be able to hear McNabb making the calls at the line.

PS... To whomever started the wave in the upper level...... Do it again, I dare ya! :)

Yeah man thats me.I'm that guy screaming when OUR offense is on the field.gotta make sure they cant hear the play call.....Dude your a joke...seriously.....you think id make this thread and be that dumb ass fan??????Yep im wasting my energy during a time out cheering and acting like a fool..you can kiss my so called fat ass alright,cause obviously you have no idea what your talking about.Sec 101 was as quiet as ive EVER seen.Ya damn right i tried to get the fans to cheer when we were on defense.And cheered after a nice play on offense.even clapped after a bad play,saying its all good.......you are exactly what i made this thread about.....a fan,enjoying the game and being screamed at by fans.....thanks for proving my point...

Oh, so you ARE that guy. Do you know that when you scream at Redskins fans to - as you so eloquently wrote - "get the **** up" that you have the opposite effect of what your alcohol-addled pea brain is trying to accomplish? People resent you for telling them what to do. They can cheer just fine without louts like you acting like only you know how to be a fan. You suck the enjoyment out of the game for the people immediately around you.

I find it interesting that most every section I could see was very much into the game. Apparently your section however, became focused on the idiot abusing his fellow fans.

And you have no idea who I am or how loudly I cheer, when I stand or when I sit. So kiss your own fat ass.

Generally speaking, if the people behind you feel the need to ask you to sit down it's bc you don't know when it's appropriate to stand.

If the people in front of you are standing, then the people behind you can usually see why you're standing and no one will ask you to sit down.

If the people behind you are asking you to sit down, there's a better than average chance it's because no one is standing in front of you.

It's not always the case, but the accused standing offender tends to be in the wrong most of the time when I witness it live.

on TV the crowd was weak today. good to hear there are still real fans

stadium was pretty empty, thats probably why.

sounded pretty loud at the stadium though... not quite as loud as sunday night, but almost.

during the texan's first FG kick it got really really loud. and then when he missed the kick everyone cheered and from then on out it got insanely loud any time the texans lined up to kick a FG.

was nice to see the fans getting riled up again. goes to show that the stadium, and fans, weren't the problem. you just have to give us something to cheer about.

I know this may not be accurate or fair but Im pretty sure I can picture you. Did I see you today? Probably not. Im just going off the way you have written your paragraphs, the language used towards fellow fans, the events that you say took place, and your Taylor canes jersey.

I think there is a big differnce in those being told to sit down because they are drunk, cheering at the wrong times, the only one in their section standing (again due to timing), or the fan is better than any other fan. Then you have those who tell people to sit down because they paid good money for their ticket and want to sit there with their thumbs up their asses and not cheer until after a play is made. Do that from your couch.

Archived