Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[Fox Sports]: Whitlock: Skins don't generate consistent pressure.

corrupt3d

Hard to get pressure on the QB when he's throwing short passes. Tony Romo sits to pee typically averages over 8 yards per attempt. Sunday night it was 6 yards per attempt. They obviously came in with that game plan because they new they wouldn't be able to block our guys. This was mentioned during the game. The last play before the half and the last play of the game were prime examples. Romo sits to pee threw it to Choice because he had pressure coming from Alexander on his left side. Baron couldn't block Rak and it cost them the game.

Well said. Whitlock completely ignores the fact that the Cowboys limited themselves to quick short passes BECAUSE their line wasn't built to stand the Redskin's pressure. Biased and nonsensical "reporting" at its best.

Whitlock is a MORON.

#1 he always says how bad the colts are, so you can't take him seriously.

#2 he once said he'll put his whole football reputation on the line and guarantee that Texas will be Ohio State in football. Well Ohio State won this game (it was like 4 years ago) so from that day on I took him for his word and to me his football reputation is gone. You can't make bold statements like that and get away with it.

People want to talk about all the Cowboys' mistakes as an excuse of why they lost. They act like the Redskins played the perfect game. The score could have easily ended up being 17-0 if we didn't make mistakes of our own.

*It’s a bad team. The Redskins will finish closer to 1-16 than 8-8. *

Let's assume the moron counted wrong using his fingers and toes, and really meant 1-15. That means he's saying the Skins won't finish better than 4-12, winning 3 or fewer of their remaining 15 games. I'll take that bet for some serious money.

Hard to get pressure on the QB when he's throwing short passes. Tony Romo sits to pee typically averages over 8 yards per attempt. Sunday night it was 6 yards per attempt. They obviously came in with that game plan because they new they wouldn't be able to block our guys. This was mentioned during the game. The last play before the half and the last play of the game were prime examples. Romo sits to pee threw it to Choice because he had pressure coming from Alexander on his left side. Baron couldn't block Rak and it cost them the game.

I think this is the most accurate assessment. Romo sits to pee was getting the ball out quickly all night. If you go back and watch the game, there was an o-lineman being pushed back in to him consistently all night, but they didn't have enough time to get to him.

Maybe it's because we won, or because Orakpo made Barron his *****, but I don't really disagree with Whitlock's assessment (outside of the fact that I don't think we're a bad team) and am wondering why more people don't agree.

We really didn't generate that much consistent D-line. Romo sits to pee was 17/23 on first down. On third down we relied on well orchestrated CB/safety blitzes to generate any semblance of pressure.

Carter and Daniels, IMO, should not be logging as many minutes as they are.

I'm going to completely disagree with you. Romo sits to pee threw short passes all night even when longer passes were required. It's why we held them to 7 points. He didn't have the time get the ball downfield. On 1st, 2nd and 3rd downs where they have 6+ yards to go Romo sits to pee was 25 of 41 for 199 yards or 4.85 YPA. That is Scott Brunell-esque. 2nd and short was the only time where he did damage. When we expected pass we shut them down. Whether you want give our guys credit or say their line stinks we had good pressure all night.

"Jason Garrett instructed Tony Romo sits to pee to throw the ball 47 times. That’s the only reason the Redskins held Dallas to 7 points."

Really? The excuses for the Cowboys loss just keep piling up. How about just a little credit to the Skins D?

So, when Peyton Manning throws 47 times, that's going to be why we hold Indy to 7 points too?

Shades of 05 when we were considered the worst 3-0 team in NFL history. Playoffs that year. It's looking good if theres truth to trends. But furthermore, it seems as if he didn't watch the game. The reason Dallas reverted to the pass instead of the run is that, while they had a nice average per run, it was padded by a couple long runs by Felix Jones early in the game. Other than a couple blown assignments, the Redskins were stopping many run plays for a loss or small gain. Garret knew we had adjusted and the run game wasn't working as well anymore. He went to the pass and we covered that pretty well. Additionally, if we weren't getting constant pressure, then we wouldn't have seen as many penalties by Dallas. Additionally, getting one sack against Romo sits to pee probably indicates decent pressure since he is good at escaping. Come on.

That's classic. Lonely, lonely Alex Barron...interesting that 1. Mr. Whitlock did not say the same about the vaunted Cowboys pass rush (1 sack) 2. Or that Portis started to find some room to run in the 2nd half 3. Why to writers continue to purport the Cowboys were the only ones making mistakes?

It's clear Jason Whitlock looked at the box score and didn't actually watch the game.

portis 1st half: 8 rushes, 12 yards.

portis 2nd half: 10 rushes, 51 yards.

looks the same to me!

You could tell he didn't watch the game. Just read a detailed stat sheet and formed his conclusions. There's no way one can watch the game and see how many times the Cowboys threw quick passes, practically refusing to take anything more than a three-step drop the entire game, and then come away and say "the Redskins couldn't get consistent pressure".

There's no way... unless that person is a complete moron. But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't actually watch the game but still needed to write something about it so he can sleep at night when he cashes his paycheck for doing something to earn it, lol.

1. Redskins' Jim Zorn: Doesn't get near enough credit for turning Jason Campbell into a legitimate starting quarterback. Campbell was headed toward being a draft bust before Zorn arrived. Last year Todd Collins saved Washington's season filling in for Campbell late. This season Campbell is completing 64 percent of his passes and has avoided the big mistakes while leading the Skins to a 6-3 start in the league's best division. - Whitlock

im not even sure i can lol at that.

Maybe it's because we won, or because Orakpo made Barron his *****, but I don't really disagree with Whitlock's assessment (outside of the fact that I don't think we're a bad team) and am wondering why more people don't agree.

We really didn't generate that much consistent D-line. Romo sits to pee was 17/23 on first down. On third down we relied on well orchestrated CB/safety blitzes to generate any semblance of pressure.

Carter and Daniels, IMO, should not be logging as many minutes as they are.

I don't disagree with the statement either. We definitely got pressure at some key moments but there were some times, especially in that 1 down lineman formation, when there didn't seem to be a lot of pressure at all.

Archived