Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[Fox Sports]: Whitlock: Skins don't generate consistent pressure.

corrupt3d

I don't disagree with the statement either. We definitely got pressure at some key moments but there were some times, especially in that 1 down lineman formation, when there didn't seem to be a lot of pressure at all.

Show me a team that gets pressure on "Every" down and I'll bet my life savings they win the SB.

Whitlock is clueless.

The Cowboys were lucky to have been in that game.

Phantom motion penalties, a muffed snap, a dropped TD in the endzone, a dropped game ending pick, the refs calling only half the holding that was going on by the Cowboys.

The Redskins have nothing to apologize for. They earned that win.

Whitless can go on living in his cocoon.

It's easy to stop your QB from getting pressured when you don't throw but one or two long passes for an entire half. The Cowboys came into the game with that plan and they did a good job of it in the first half, and still didn't score. In the 2nd, they tried to go deep and holding penalties started up.

This guy either didn't watch the game, or is a Dallas homer that's bitter.

Whitlock is a Cheifs fan that used to like us. Now that his nemesis (Shanahan/Broncos) is our coach, he's dumping on us.

He is not a Cheifs fan - he has just been covering sports KC for a decade. He was on the Sports Guy Pod cast a couple of weeks ago. I am pretty sure he is originally from Indiana and a huge Pacers fan. I think his NFL team is the Colts.

There is one thing I agree with this article, and that's the lack of offensive firepower the skins showed. Two of our top 3-4 receivers; Davis and Thomas, aren't on the field most of the time. I would rank our receivers as Moss, Davis, Thomas, Cooley in that order. Shanny has to find a way to get Davis involved, splitting him out, etc, and please stop the insanity with Galloway and Williams and put Thomas in there.

RB is also a concern, Portis is still good but I don't know if he can hold up 16 games and LJ looks slow. He did knock out Ware, so there is power behind those legs, but not much in the way of burst left.

Also Sellers does not need the ball passed to him.

If the offense gets going we should be fine, it will be interesting to see how we do this week against the Texans. We need to put some points on the board. I think they will do that and win convincingly.

Did Whitlock watch the game or just read the stat line? We had one sack, 3 or 4 forced holding penalties, 3 or 4 missed holding penalties and Romo sits to pee stayed in 3 and 5 step drops, getting the ball out short and quick to account for the pressure. I don't know how anyone who watched that game can come away saying our pass rush was an area of concern.

No I didnt. But It seemed like on almost every play Romo sits to pee could stand firm in the pocket and deliver his pass. He hardly had to move out the pocket like McNabb nor did our D-line completely just dominate the Cowboys 0-line. On great defenses like Baltimore and the Steelers, bad and depleted o-lines like the cowboys had get completely dismantled and the d-line is is playing tag with Romo sits to pee in the backfield all day.

Did he even watch the game? I watched it twice and one more time on short cuts. The holds were there all game. Their line sucks and the Redskins are going to get better. This was with a new system on both D and O. The Cowboys were the most talented team in the NFL until they played us, not what are they, 0-1.

BallState0@aol.com--------------I will email him and suggest others do as well.

His one quote was it was a defensive game yet the Redskins garnered no pressure while the Cowboys garnered not much scoring. hmmm.

I have emailed Mr. Whitlock several times without answer thus far, including a link to this thread. I hope others will email him as well. It would serve us well as a community if we the fans hold the media accountable for false representation.

No I didnt. But It seemed like on almost every play Romo sits to pee could stand firm in the pocket and deliver his pass. He hardly had to move out the pocket like McNabb nor did our D-line completely just dominate the Cowboys 0-line. On great defenses like Baltimore and the Steelers, bad and depleted o-lines like the cowboys had get completely dismantled and the d-line is is playing tag with Romo sits to pee in the backfield all day.

man, i'm not sure what you were looking at. Romo sits to pee took very short drops and got the ball out very quickly. thats the part of the game plan that garrett was calling well- negating pressure with quick passes- hence his 9 yards per completion.

Romo sits to pee is a slippery one, and its to his credit that he didnt get sacked more, but the cowboys pass plays didnt allow many opportunities for sacks. thier O line was a liability and garrett knew it. the skins D was very good as far as pass D and pressure.

you should refer to Romo sits to pee's comments about never having seen 9 corner blitzes in a game, which he said forced him to thrown those quick outs to dez bryant. hard to sack a QB when he's making those kinds of throws. but that doesnt mean the pressure wasnt coming.

He doesn't block like he used to either. We need a definite upgrade there.

Also agree about Davis. McNabb needs more options to pass to.

I agree, Sellers does seem to have lost a bit lately. But my only guess is he must have been showing it in practice.

I do remember when Gibbs used him as a red zone target in 2005. ( I think he caught 7 TD that year)

But it seems as if his play has eroded a bit on the field these past few seasons.

Let's hope Sellers has been showing it in practice and we begin to see it on Sunday.

Doesn't it suck that most posters in this thread could write a more coherent article than Whitlock? Lolz they got no pressure because this is the skins circa 2 years ago and only 1 sack showed up on the stat sheet, let's ignore the holding penalties and quick throws. I'll admit garrett was dumb for not running more, especially considering we didn't have a HUGE lead, but taking shots at our so-called lack of pressure and calling us a 4-12 or worse team is either him trying to be provocative or him just being dumb.

This guy shouldn't be paid for his opinion. There was absolutely zero credibility in his statements. When an offense has to throw quick passes and hot routes all game long...it isn't due to a lack of pressure. Nice try Whitlock...perhaps tennis is a more suitable game for your understanding?

This guy shouldn't be paid for his opinion. There was absolutely zero credibility in his statements. When an offense has to throw quick passes and hot routes all game long...it isn't due to a lack of pressure. Nice try Whitlock...perhaps tennis is a more suitable game for your understanding?

It would have been nice if he at least tuned in to NBC for the game instead of watching the Sportscenter highlights. You would think at the very least he would listen to Romo sits to pee's post game comments talking about our blitzes. You're right. This is shotty journalism.

It would have been nice if he at least tuned in to NBC for the game instead of watching the Sportscenter highlights. You would think at the very least he would listen to Romo sits to pee's post game comments talking about our blitzes. You're right. This is shotty journalism.

Thanks, hatethe cowboys. I want to avoid sounding like a homer and jumping this guy because he said something unflattering about the Redskins. The only criteria that I am using is reality. If he wanted to say that Washington's offense was uninspiring, I wouldnt jump him.

Archived