Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[Fox Sports]: Whitlock: Skins don't generate consistent pressure.

corrupt3d

Shades of 05 when we were considered the worst 3-0 team in NFL history. Playoffs that year. It's looking good if theres truth to trends. But furthermore, it seems as if he didn't watch the game. The reason Dallas reverted to the pass instead of the run is that, while they had a nice average per run, it was padded by a couple long runs by Felix Jones early in the game. Other than a couple blown assignments, the Redskins were stopping many run plays for a loss or small gain. Garret knew we had adjusted and the run game wasn't working as well anymore. He went to the pass and we covered that pretty well. Additionally, if we weren't getting constant pressure, then we wouldn't have seen as many penalties by Dallas. Additionally, getting one sack against Romo sits to pee probably indicates decent pressure since he is good at escaping. Come on.

Don't think they could "revert" to the run. The run game is only really established in the modern NFL when you are playing from in front and they never were. The early runs simply were done to prevent us from pinning our ears back. Dallas wants to put you down on the mat and then finish with the run. We were never knocked down so they really just never got to it.

I think I agree with most posters here when I say: With an Offense game plan that consisted of screens, and three step drops, and three holding penalities ACTUALLY CALLED, that it's no wonder that we were actually able to record a sack. I believe the cowboys started throwing screens and dump offs to the flat on their first three plays from scrimage. That may have thrown Haslett for a loop, I knew it threw me. I was surprised that the Cowboys weren't so ****y that they thought that even that patchwork o-line could stand up to our rush. Instead they started doing whatever they could, from the beginning, to get the ball out as soon as possible. That plus Haslett drew up a TON of DB blitzes (more than we have seen in awhile) and I don't think this was the best game-planned professional football game ever played. The rest of the season will shake out to be Low scoring/Low yardage for our opponents, with more sacks provided the opposition doesn't hold 95% of the time.

I dare say (and don't flame me for this) but that game had a feel of...almost an extension of pre-season. I mean, think about it: the rotation of the oline (yes probably a standard Shanny, ZBS, move) the crazy, untested Haslett plays (1 down linemen, corner blitzes from buchanon) ALOT of stuff never tried before, knocking the rust off...kicking it from 49 with relatively young/untested kicker. Plus let's not forgot how sloppy it was, what with all the penalities and all (the skins had their fair share, IIRC)

Romo sits to pee got 282 yards on 31/47. He averaged 6 yards per completion. He wasn't lighting them up.

i think thats 9 yards per completion. still, not good. last year, the worst team in the league averaged 8.6 (rams). no other team was under 9.

1. Redskins' Jim Zorn: Doesn't get near enough credit for turning Jason Campbell into a legitimate starting quarterback. Campbell was headed toward being a draft bust before Zorn arrived. Last year Todd Collins saved Washington's season filling in for Campbell late. This season Campbell is completing 64 percent of his passes and has avoided the big mistakes while leading the Skins to a 6-3 start in the league's best division. - Whitlock

im not even sure i can lol at that.

Nice find BLC. Whitlock is a ****ing moron. "It’s a bad team. The Redskins will finish closer to 1-16 than 8-8."???? What a dumbass - not to mention anyone who saw the game knows the 1 sack doesn't tell the story about Rak getting held all NIGHT, not just the last play of the game. Hate all they want, we're making some serious noise and we damn sure aren't finishing 8-8 or worse.

Well I have to say that I agree with Witlock that i dont like the pressure that the Redskins had on Tony Romo sits to pee and its seems like our D-line nevcer just completely takes over the backfield like Dallas did on a couple of plays too Mcnabb. I do disagree with him that we gave the Cowboys the game and i do disagree with what he states our record will be. That was just uncalled for.

Whitlock is witless.

ONE GAME decides seasons? :laugh:

ONE GAME determines if a qb, rb or defense can play? :laugh:

Really?

I have been watching the NFL since 1971/72 and the opening day game is often a REVERSE barometer on how certain clubs are going to do.

Anyone remember the Cowboys going 0-2 and then winning the Super Bowl?

Anyone remember the Redskins losing the 1983 opener to Dallas 30-31 and still going on to post a 14-2 regular season record?

Whitlock should know better.

You have to give teams I would say 8 games before we really start to see what they are capable of.

Who cares if it was one game. The reality is that even that ONE game shows his article to be bull ****.

17 QB pressures. 1 Sack. 4 Holding calls.

That's not consistent pressure? Really? The Cowboys throwing screens, dump-offs, and quick throws all night wasn't because of pressure? :doh:

Well I have to say that I agree with Witlock that i dont like the pressure that the Redskins had on Tony Romo sits to pee and its seems like our D-line nevcer just completely takes over the backfield like Dallas did on a couple of plays too Mcnabb. I do disagree with him that we gave the Cowboys the game and i do disagree with what he states our record will be. That was just uncalled for.

Did you watch the game with Jason Whitlock?

really im tired of all the excuses for the cowboys because if you realize we played the cowboys in a very similar game last year and on the last play Romo sits to pee got out the pocket and threw a TD pass with 2 O-linemen illigally downfield and no refs called it and everyone was saying it shouldnt have came down to that and how bad we were

now this time it comes down to the last play and now everyone is saying how lucky we were that there was a holding call

dosnt matter how you look at it the redskins will always have haters everywhere we go

Archived