Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[Fox Sports]: Whitlock: Skins don't generate consistent pressure.

corrupt3d

IDK, Jim Zorn was 6-2 beating all division opponets on the road. I don't remember there being any **** talking back then from anyone.

Well I didn't click the link, but I assumed the poster meant for the entire '08 season. It doesn't matter anyway, because the media doesn't know anymore about the NFL than the average fan. I absolutely lmao when I see fans take their "analysis" as gospel.

Well I didn't click the link, but I assumed the poster meant for the entire '08 season. It doesn't matter anyway, because the media doesn't know anymore about the NFL than the average fan. I absolutely lmao when I see fans take their "analysis" as gospel.

I agree, with the access we fans have now days, "The Experts" really bring nothing to that table, besides the "insiders" when talking trades or a team you don't follow that often.

^ The only guys I tend to listen to are guys like Schlereth, Herm Edwards, Mayock, Golic, Aikman and a few others, just for the simple reason that they hold no bias towards a particular team, and/or refrain from becoming attention whores by making asinine and pointless comments, just trying to "steal the show".

My theory is that, after Romo sits to pee spent most of the playoff game against the Vikings being chased around in the backfield, the Cowboys installed this quick-drop, short passing game as a major part of their offense.

Their gameplan was to employ it heavily against the Redskins since their OL was weakened. It didn't work as well as they'd hoped, mainly due to the Redskins often being able to bring equally quick pressure.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/clinton-portis-ines-sainz-new-york-jets-nfl-truths-jason-whitlock-091610

I'm ignoring what he said about Portis' comments, although I agree with them, however...

What? How is that even true in any realm of thought capable by any living organism with something close to a nervous center to handle bodily functions and creating coherent lines of thinking? It was our pressure that won us the game! It's not like Orakpo turned it on for one play, he was mauling Alex Barron and forced two holding penalties - on one drive!

And I know, I know. Whitlock's an idiot. But how can anyone say anything like that?

Love it. Hopefully this is hanging in Orakpo/Carter's locker.

Whitlock has always amused me, and he has done it again. He loves creating controversy...

I said it after the Dallas game, but Whitlock is 100% correct. We cannot generate pressure unless we're selling out on a blitz, which is to be expected. Our D-line besides Orakpo is probably the worst in the league.

The lack of pressure combined with the need to blitz a defensive back in order to get to the QB is completely exposing our secondary.

I said it after the Dallas game, but Whitlock is 100% correct. We cannot generate pressure unless we're selling out on a blitz, which is to be expected. Our D-line besides Orakpo is probably the worst in the league.

The lack of pressure combined with the need to blitz a defensive back in order to get to the QB is completely exposing our secondary.

I agree. Consistent is the word that people, apparently, aren't reading.

Archived