Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: ratliff calls rabach 'dirtiest player in NFL'

themurf

rabach060410.jpg

(photo by Brian Murphy)

When I started Homer McFanboy a couple years ago, I did so with the intent of providing fans of the Washington Redskins a peek into the world of professional football. I wanted to show some of the amusing personalities of the guys wearing the burgundy and gold and, if nothing else, I wanted to help ‘Skins fans learn a little bit about the players they cheer for on Sundays so not everyone out there felt like that old Seinfeld bit about “cheering for laundry.”

Well, if you want personality, I’ve got personality for you. And, as a bonus, it comes with a nice little story that only enhances the rivalry between the Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys.

In the era of free agency, players from supposed rivals can often be seen after games hugging and yucking it up with “the enemy.” Sure, fans might still get heated about rivalry games, but sometimes it feels like players honestly don’t care whether they’re playing the Jets or the Giants. They admit that divisional games are vital for any team’s postseason hopes, but it’s not like they lose sleep over a poor showing against the Cowboys.

Well, you’ll be happy to know that some players on opposite sides of the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry still hate each other.

Take, for example, Cowboys all-pro nose tackle Jay Ratliff and Redskins center Casey Rabach.

Ratliff is one of the best interior linemen in professional football, and if we’re being honest, has been known to give undersized centers like Rabach fits. Well, it turns out that, even though he’s been known to get the upper hand on Rabach once or twice, it’s not been all that enjoyable. In fact, Ratliff went as far as to tell a few folks that in his opinion, Casey Rabach is the dirtiest player in the game.

If Ratliff is to be believed, then Rabach will pull on the back of his helmet, stomp on feet, spit at him — basically anything and everything he can get away with in the heat of the action. Now, the Rabach most Redskins fans know is the guy who rents an RV with Jon Jansen during training camp and goes ice fishing during the offseason. He’s laid back and always ready to crack jokes. So this news came as a bit of a surprise to me.

It’s easy to envision an overly intense guy like LaRon Landry breaking out every 80’s professional wrestling dirty tactic, but I guess Rabach’s lighthearted demeanor makes the allegations a little bit more surprising. With that in mind, I caught up with Rabach to get to the bottom of this.

Oh, and consider this a warning, if grown-up language offends you.

With that out of the way, let’s get right to it.

Click here for the full article.

lol, and now the rivalry has officially returned between the players. Never went away with us, but now it's on for them. I love it! :)

That being said, Ratliff owns Rabach, lol. It's not even close... but give Rabach credit, he doesn't back down. :ols:

Orakpo owned the puke o-line...but, I didn't hear him say any **** like this.

Ratliff lacks class.

Seriously, Rak was being put in a rear naked choke all night by that scrub Alex Barron. That was DIRTY. But Rak manned up and won the game by making a play on the most important snap.

Ratliff might be pissed because on the last Skins offensive possession, we were handling their defensive line. Had we not shot ourselves in the foot with the third down false start, we would have ended that game without Dallas ever getting the ball back.

If Rabach is doing all this stuff and STILL can't slow down Ratliff, it's time to find a new center.

This is why we need to hold onto those draft picks. Centers don't have to be first round picks but you can't draft a 3rd/4th round center without a 3rd/4th round pick.

Rabach to me is a great combination of someone who overachieves in spite of his physical limitations and a player that will try to get things accomplished by hook or by crook. These qualities are admirable in a player that you have on your team and ones that you loathe if its found on an opposing player that you see twice a year.

Even with Rabach's scrappiness and tenacity, I wouldn't shed a tear if his replacement was found sooner than later.

Archived