Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: ratliff calls rabach 'dirtiest player in NFL'

themurf

Thanks for sharing Murf. Nice to read about the battles between the two.

Well I don't understand what Ratliff is crying about since he pretty much owned Rabach all game long. Dude is just mad.

I think he feels you can play within the game without going overboard. Some people don't have to break the rules to gain an advantage, they are just that good.

edit: You are right though, he was owning Rabach pretty much all game. That's probably why Rabach resorts to those tactics.

I don't get all the hate in this thread, Rabach's right, this ain't tiddlywinks, this is football. Do what you gotta do to get in the other teams head, especially if its the crappy pukes. I'm glad they don't like us, we don't like them either. Rabach is a skins through and through, and I can appreciate that. Go hard or go home!

Just the usual suspects being the usual suspects, nothing new there. I'm glad that we got the W, and i'm not going to judge Casey on anything he did or didn't do, primarily because I don't play O-line for the NFL, therefore I have no idea what does or does not go on in the trenches, at the bottom of piles, etc... but I can almost guarantee you that Casey's actions probably aren't very far off from whatn 50% (or probably more) of what other NFL O-lineman do throughout the course of a game. :2cents:

At one point in the game, they showed a replay of Rabach pulling Ratliff down by grabbing the back of his pads. All the refs had turned away to follow the play. It was hilarious and a pretty crafty move.

I suspect Rabach has to do everything he can to gain an advantage since he isn't overally talented.

This is the biggest rivalry in sports. There is no bigger rivalry than Redskins vs. Cowpukes!

Look at the ratings and the degree of attention that this match-up gets...One of the reasons is that it's REAL!!!

This article proves it. Skins fans hate the Cowpukes! Cowpukes totally disrespect and hate the Redskins.

When the game starts, it's a war.

You guys never cease to amaze. I love the old school players who will pull out every dirty trick in the book to gain any advantage they can. I love that mentality. Guys like Bednarik, Butkis, and a little bit of Rabach. Sure he's not a great player buy he is doing what i want of every player, and that is EVERYTHING he can to win. Sure i owuld love to have an All Pro center with tremendous physical skill but i would stil want him this nasty.

As for Ryman, if you think a player playing dirty makes his all pro counterpart play harder it's clear you don't play at a high level of football. These guys come out there to tear eachother's heads off every game, every snap. This isn't pee-wee fottball where once someone gets a headache they stop playing. the NFL is where LB's like Arrignton (in his prime, short lived though that was) routinely nearly knock themselves unconcious when making a hit. Not because they are mad at someone, but because that is how the game is played. You play mean to get in your oppenents head. So that hopefully even if you are getting beat by a physically suerior opponent you can make him overextend to take your head off on one key play.

If Rabach's dirty, then it sure isn't having much effect. He needs to get REAL dirty as he still get's owned any time he comes up against a half decent NT.

Though WTF Ratliff's moaning about heck only knows. Your not some naive rookie for Pete's sake. This is football. Man up and do what you do best, without all the lame ass ****ing.

Hail.

I don't get all the hate in this thread, Rabach's right, this ain't tiddlywinks, this is football. Do what you gotta do to get in the other teams head, especially if its the crappy pukes. I'm glad they don't like us, we don't like them either. Rabach is a skins through and through, and I can appreciate that. Go hard or go home!

you can get in a guys head without being dirty

rabach is terrible at his position, and he basically admitted to being a dirty player, what is there to respect in that?

You guys never cease to amaze. I love the old school players who will pull out every dirty trick in the book to gain any advantage they can. I love that mentality. Guys like Bednarik, Butkis, and a little bit of Rabach. Sure he's not a great player buy he is doing what i want of every player, and that is EVERYTHING he can to win. Sure i owuld love to have an All Pro center with tremendous physical skill but i would stil want him this nasty.

As for Ryman, if you think a player playing dirty makes his all pro counterpart play harder it's clear you don't play at a high level of football. These guys come out there to tear eachother's heads off every game, every snap. This isn't pee-wee fottball where once someone gets a headache they stop playing. the NFL is where LB's like Arrignton (in his prime, short lived though that was) routinely nearly knock themselves unconcious when making a hit. Not because they are mad at someone, but because that is how the game is played. You play mean to get in your oppenents head. So that hopefully even if you are getting beat by a physically suerior opponent you can make him overextend to take your head off on one key play.

if you havent figured out by now that people who get paid a lot of money to play football sometimes need external motivation then you either dont know much about people or about football.

Bottom line, is that many players use that stuff as extra motivation. I always play better against dirty players because I like to make a point out of it. I know several NFL players do the same.

Its one thing to get in someones head, quite another to play dirty to do it.

Archived