Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Overlooked = KR Devin Thomas...

Zarg

No one has mentioned the fact that Devin Thomas was absolutely stellar last night returning kickoffs. If his returns are not where they were, we would have seen Dallas with another short field to play on.... KUDO's Devin.... HUGE!!! But one thing... NO MORE LETTING THE FREAKIN' KICKER TAKE YOU DOWN!!!

Yeah, but even better was how excited he was about making those plays. Devin could be easily sulking and upset about his minimal role. I'm not sure he even was sent out when we went four receivers, but he made a play when he had a chance and he was excited for the team. Thomas' play is putting pressure on the coaches to give him more opportunities.

AH should take notes.

Yeah, but even better was how excited he was about making those plays. Devin could be easily sulking and upset about his minimal role. I'm not sure he even was sent out when we went four receivers, but he made a play when he had a chance and he was excited for the team. Thomas' play is putting pressure on the coaches to give him more opportunities.

AH should take notes.

Couldn't have said it any better.... and I even started this thread!!!

But Roydell Williams offers more at WR... bull.

Even as a decoy Thomas is much more imposing. He's our best blocking WR. After our ridiculous production from our WRs, outside of Moss, look for Thomas to get some run this week. Thomas isn't overlooked in my eyes but they need to get him on the field.

AH should take notes.

funny. have you EVER seen Haynesworth excited about anything? It's just not in his demeanor. The guy is intense, and many are interpreting it as him not being interested.

funny. have you EVER seen Haynesworth excited about anything? It's just not in his demeanor. The guy is intense, and many are interpreting it as him not being interested.

That may be fair. He may not be the bounce around and give his teammates high fives and hugs kind of guy, but when you couple that with the after game interviews and it's all about "me, me, me" and not a single word about how he's glad the team won and that what we all should be focusing on, then well...

I have seen him celebrate him getting a sack or making a big stop (which he should). I just love those sidelines shots where you see teammates going crazy when someone else makes a great play. You may be right that he's too deep in his zone and too focused, but those images of CP going nuts on the side line or Fletcher bouncing up and down make you feel good... make you feel that they're in it together.

AH may be only guilty of bad PR by not joining defensive huddles and not talking "team" or celebrating when his team does well... but it does leave a bad aftertaste.

Did we complete a pass to someone other than Cooley or Moss? I felt like our other WR's were invisible out there. I also rarely saw Davis and since Thomas didn't get on the field did we never go beyond a 3 WR set? Maybe Shanny felt like we should always leave extra guys back to protect Mcnabb. I guess I'm not complaining too much because we won but I would love to see DT get a chance to play WR. It's hard for us to tell how much better Armstrong and Roydell are right now.

Sure, but he's still a punter :pfft:

He should have juked him out of his socks. :silly:

Bueler ran a 4.5 at the combine. haha But yea DT still looked great back there. I just hope we see him more at WR soon. You can't tell me that on that first fade to the endzone, he wouldn't have caught that. He is a lot bigger than Armstrong and about the same size as Mike Jenkins who was covering him. But he would have scored. Easily.

Even more impressive than his excitement at returning the kicks, Devin was standing on the bench waving a towel while the Defense was on the field.....all night long. Not just the last drive, all night. He is committed to this team. The same thing with Dockery. He was subbed in and out for Lichtensteiger all night long. After the game, he said whatever coach thought gave the team the best chance to win, he was all for. We finally have a TEAM again.

Love DT as a returner.

Not to take anything away from that, I'm thrilled to have him there. Would like to see Banks get some touches when he comes back. Happy with either of them, DT actually proved it in a reg season game, though would like Banks to have a shot. But why can't DT play that way at WR?

Archived