Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Overlooked = KR Devin Thomas...

Zarg

Thomas has been effective on kickoffs.

What we may be looking at is where Thomas will contribute as a Redskin, on special teams.

Desmond Howard was a top 5 pick and could never break into a starting job as a WR in the NFL.

Not everyone is Tim Brown, a guy that does kicks, punts and then catches 80 balls for 1,300 yards :)

Those guys are rare.

And he also put up more bench reps than both teammates Clay Matthews and a roided up Brian Cushing.

Buehler might as well be a linebacker back there.

*edit* I lied, he RAN faster than Cushing and Matthews but did bench more than Rey Maualuga and Matthews.

He played LB in high school lmao. He is a legit athlete. Dead ass serious...

Yeah, but if the other team knows that you are bringing in Thomas as a novelty on offense, they are going to sniff out that a reverse or other trick play is coming.

Thomas has to get on the field and prove he can be a legit pass receiver before teams will bite enough to allow those other plays to work.

Yeah, but if the other team knows that you are bringing in Thomas as a novelty on offense, they are going to sniff out that a reverse or other trick play is coming.

Thomas has to get on the field and prove he can be a legit pass receiver before teams will bite enough to allow those other plays to work.

He made some great plays last year, so I don't understand why they don't put him out there now. I'm happy for Anthony Armstrong, but he's done nothing except make a couple catches in preseason. I don't know why that puts him ahead of Thomas on the depth chart.

OK, so have him out there on running plays as a blocker. Lord knows he's a better blocker than any of our other receivers...

You guys are still tied to Thomas as a WR because of his draft status.

If anything the article on Saturday in the WP about Shanahan's roots and how he evaluates players should tell you that none of that matters.

If Thomas doesn't run crisp routes in practice he is NEVER going to see the field at WR unless there are a boatload of injuries.

OK - first, I totally agree w/ the OP, Devin did a really nice job as a KR, and showed a lot of burst.

However, all this talk about why he's not in the lineup as a WR & that AA or Galloway shouldn't be over him I find laughable. While I consider myself a "footbal guy" and know a lot about the game, there is obviously something Shanny sees that we don't, and he's just not cutting it yet (and by watching him, my guess is that his route running is just not yet up to par). This regime gets all the benefit of the doubt they need in my book, until I see otherwise.

I seen Thomas take a shot last year on a return at Carolina that I thought for sure he was out for a few games but he came right back in next series. He tough nose football kinda guy and think he seems to be a team player.

Hopefully he gets on the field at WR in a game and shows the Shanahans what he can do.

You guys are still tied to Thomas as a WR because of his draft status.

If anything the article on Saturday in the WP about Shanahan's roots and how he evaluates players should tell you that none of that matters.

If Thomas doesn't run crisp routes in practice he is NEVER going to see the field at WR unless there are a boatload of injuries.

I don't think the people supporting Thomas are tied to him because of his draft status. I've got no problem with cutting a 2nd rounder if he's not good enough.

But with Thomas, we've seen a guy who's looked absolutely great with the ball in his hands and happens to be our best blocker at WR. If we had a lot of good options ahead of him I'd be content with him just returning kicks, but we're a little thin at receiver. (understatement)

In my opinion, lining Thomas up at the #2 spot several times a drive and limiting him to go routes, screens and shallow crosses would certainly help an offense that isn't exactly chock full of playmakers.

He's not good enough to be a legit #2 yet, but he could really help the team if we get creative with how we get him the ball.

i think shanny is d***ing around with the playing time of those that were drafted in 2008 cuz of the regime that drafted them...Can't convince me there is anything about galloway, williams or armstrong's game the DT isn't better than...also didn't see much of fred last night, so im thinking there is some reason for thinking like this on this subject

My sentiments exactly. I really want to see what he can do as a WR. Lord knows Galloway and Williams were totally invisible.

Well honestly everyone but Moss and Cooley was invisible in the passing game. I loved what Thomas did last night he was able to find the hole take off and make a big return every time and it gave us great field position

Archived