Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Waiver Wire Thread,( AKA: Should we Sign......?)

Son of Gadsden

I believe it should be the "Waiver Wire Thread."

I heard Edwin Williams is a free agent... should the Skins give him a look?:pfft:

No, Edwin Williams sucks, but Albright's getting old, so maybe the Skins should bring in a snapper like James Dearth to push him.

I overheard a few posts on here about Shawn Springs, and saw he's a free agent. I personally thought releasing him was one of the first mistakes of Zorn's time. He could be a valuable corner, and call me crazy but might even be a solution to our FS predicament.

Anyone heard anything about him or have any ideas as to whether the Redskins are interested?

Vin is that you?

crazy_face.jpg

I'd tell Springs to stay sharp in case we call, but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to go get him right now. Somebody better might shake out anyway. But we should definitely keep our eyes peeled, because our safety situation is suspect, at best, and that was BEFORE Kareem Moore got hurt.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh-WR-Seahawks Sep. 1 - 1:43 pm et

The Seattle Times' Danny O'Neil isn't buying speculation that T.J. Houshmandzadeh will be a roster casualty this weekend.

Tuesday's Josh Wilson trade was a sign that the new regime is willing to sacrifice the present for the future. Housh is clearly not a viable No. 1 receiver, and he's holding up the progress of Deon Butler and Golden Tate. It's hard to picture Seattle cutting him, though, with his $7 million salary guaranteed for 2010.

Source: Seattle Times

Archived