Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Songs Played at Fedex This Year - Anyone know the artist or song title?

YoCoLifSavr

So for the first 2 preseason games we have gotten to listen to the songs they play between commercial breaks and to pump the crowd up. I was wondering if anyone knew the artists and names to some of the newer songs played this year. I do know they are still playing

ACDC - Thunderstruck

Metallica - Enter Sandman

I heard a few decent songs and was wondering if ya'll new some of the newer stuff being played.:silly:

I think I heard them play this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE song California Gurls. C'mon, in a football game? Where big muscular men are trying to rip each others heads off?

Was I imagining this? Correct me if I'm wrong but I just remember saying to myself, "they gotta fire the guy playing the music."

I think I heard them play this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE song California Gurls. C'mon, in a football game? Where big muscular men are trying to rip each others heads off?

Was I imagining this? Correct me if I'm wrong but I just remember saying to myself, "they gotta fire the guy playing the music."

they played it in the preseason game vs. the Bills. I was like :doh:

Someone needs to backhand the audio guy to make him stop playing that "Na-na-na-nana HEY" song. It's just embarrassing.

You talking about DC Chillin' from Wale? The na-na-na thing is at the beginning of that song.

I just hope they get away from a lot of the bad, cheesy 80s hair "metal" they played last year. I think people had complained that there was too much hip-hop, so they went 180 degrees in the other direction. I recall one game I was at last year where I would swear they played Van Halen's cover of "You Really Got Me" a dozen times. It's like they just went for the least common denominator. With all the songs available in the world that you could possibly play, why play the same one over and over...and why THAT one? It's like they just wanted to make sure they didn't offend anyone. What an easy job that was. Pick out one mediocre song and play it on a continuous loop throughout the game. :rolleyes:

I'm not necessarily a huge hip-hop fan, but I do like it at football games. It feels appropriate. Ideally there would be a decent mix of genres played.

The songs were horrible for the bills game.

"Love the way you lie" is just not good for a football game, doubly so since it started at the start, not at Eminems lyrics which are at least quick and a bit more pumping, so it was jut Rhianna singing.

However, I'm not afraid could definitely work if they wanted a recent Eminem thing, just start part way in not just from the beginning.

California Girls? B.O.B's Airplanes when all you got to hear was pretty much the Haley's chorus? Yeah, they're popular songs, but they are just seriously NOT football songs.

I understand its DC and more hip hop is going to play than rock (Seriously, I think rock should be your standard fall back at something like football), but you can still go for some upbeat, pumping rap rather than the bubblegum stuff.

Its not a top 40's station, its a football PA system to get the crowd pumped. Come on.

Bring back DMX..."Yall gonna make loose my mind up in here up in here" but really you can't go wrong with rock music at a football game. I would love to hear some Ozzy, Skillet, or even Hollywood Undead played to set the mood when opposing teams come to our house.

You talking about DC Chillin' from Wale? The na-na-na thing is at the beginning of that song.

No no no, I like Wale and Chillin' is one of my favorites. I'm talking about the one where the crowd yells "HEY...YOU SUCK!" regardless of the appropriateness of the situation or how badly we may be getting our asses handed to us at the time. It always seems to me that the team is doing well, they play that damned song, the crowd makes jackasses of themselves and it fires the opposing team up. Wish they would just remove that song from their playlist entirely.

Someone needs to backhand the audio guy to make him stop playing that "Na-na-na-nana HEY" song. It's just embarrassing.

...You mean Rock and Roll Part 2

Either way, all the stuff they play is junk. B.M.F. and Eminem's songs at least are semi pump up songs but when I think pump up I think the intro to Welcome to the Jungle.

Also Rock and Roll Part 2 is a stadium essential, but please don't play it when we are LOSING.

Archived