Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bills Performance Last Night - More good signs? (Merged)

RFK Lives

I went back and re-watched some of the Skins-Bills game. The Bills actually were doing pretty well in the first couple of series.

They obviously marched down the field on their first possession. And the first Redskins TD drive was extended by a roughing the passer penalty on third down in the early going - it was a legit call as the player clearly hit McNabb in the head, but something that could easily have been a "no harm, no foul" no-call.

Then, in the next Bills offensive series, a receiver got behind Rogers by a few yards. On a good pass, that probably would have been a long TD. Fortunately, Edwards did his Campbell impersonation and overthrew the receiver by 5 yards. A few plays later, Hall got his pick and the Redskins took over from there.

I don't consider the Redskins lucky to have had these plays go their way, just that, as with most games, a few plays here and there and the game could have had a much different feel. Sounds like the Bills had those plays go their way against the Colts (who, as noted, always are a poor preseason team because so much of what they do is predicated on Manning and once he gets his standard early hook, the team is much less imposing).

As long as we don't get shut out or allow the Ravens' Offense to put of 500+ yrds vs our 195 yds :doh:.

This isn't 2009 son, lets leave last season to last year. Redskins are gonna ball tomorrow. Everyone from the top down has a chip on their shoulder. DC is showing up, preseason or not. B'more has nothing on us.

Maybe some of the 8 players that sat out that game actually started?

I don't think that the Skins beat the crap out of the first stringers like the majority claims, rather I think if it were not for a drive killing penalty and a drive saving penalty that the first quarter score would have been Bills 10-3.

I don't think the D played more then a C against their starting Offense (which was without 4-5 player).

The offense was about equal to what we put out there (one good drive vs one good drive).

$.02

Nope. Its still just preseason. We don't know how much or if any gameplanning is going on for either side and based on the Colts 4-20 something pre-season record i would venture the Colts do zero gameplanning.

Chan Gailey is a good offensive coach wether or not he'll be a good HC with the Bills? We'll see.

The Bills are a thin team so the longer their starters play the better they'll look.

My guess is the Bills will look horrid in game 4 when the starters play the least, in fact my money will be on it ;)

See question 1

BTW-the transitive property doesn't apply in football

FYI, the bills did some game planning for the colts :ols:

There was a noticeable dialing back in the practice setting Tuesday as the Bills made final preparations for their Thursday night preseason tilt with the Indianapolis Colts in Toronto. Team drills ran at about half to three-quarter speed as the players were in helmets, shells and shorts.

One different element in the practice setting was the number one offensive unit got an opportunity to see some Indianapolis defensive looks run by the second team defense. Later the first team defense saw some offensive looks as well to get accustomed to some of what they might see Thursday night.

“It’s a totally different front for our offense. It’s a four man front as opposed to the three man front, so we felt like just to give them a little bit of a chance this last day of a look at what the Indy defense would be like since it’s so new. So we did that today and then when you go on cards for the offense, the defense always cries and wants offensive plays being run, so you give them those plays.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Practice-Notes---Day-15/6ddc18de-6a1f-41a7-8baf-35e78887c4bc

I'm with you

but

I saw a stat today that the Colts are 4-20 in their last 24 preseason games. Take that for what it is.

I think people don't understand how coaches possibly play players out of position a lot just to see how they'll react to being put in a bad situation. And mixing one or two bench players in with the starters....all that kinda crap.

I would imagine the coach's goal in preseason games is to make the players fail, so they know what they need to work on. Unlike Spurrier who pulled out all the stops.

I'm with you

but

I saw a stat today that the Colts are 4-20 in their last 24 preseason games. Take that for what it is.

I know Peyton Manning does his best work after he has had 2 quarters to figure out the defense but I am drinking the cool aid.....

And I did not see the other thread so if these can be merged go ahead...Sorry

Preseason record doesn't matter. The performance of the starters matters the longer they are in there. Peyton Manning barely plays in the preseason. When he does, he usually plays well. That's indicative of how he's going to play in the regular season, but he's not going to be in the game long enough to decide who wins.

Archived