Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bills Performance Last Night - More good signs? (Merged)

RFK Lives

OK, I searched the forum and checked Around the NFL but did not see any discussion about the much improved performance of the Bills last night.

I did not get to see the game, only the C.J. Spiller highlight. I checked the box score and one thing is clear, this was not the same effort put forth by the Bills last Friday at FedEx.

So the questions up for discussion...

Is this more validation that the Redskins are vastly improved and we should drink more of the refreshing burgundy and gold Kool-aid?

The Bills are a better team than saw and *ahem* Chan Gailey is a better coach than I thought?

The Colts are not quite themselves?

They played in Canada, anything can happen?

Dude, it's the preseason, why don't you chill and wait until we see we do against the Ravens and Jets.

Or a combination of all the statements above.

Just hoping to get some insight from anybody who saw the game.

Didn't see the game either, but I think it's a cobination of everything you said. It's all very exciting, and I'm super pumped for the season to start, but it's hard to tell how things are going to work out in preseason games. There's no game planning, a lot of the guys playing won't make the team, etc.etc..... That being said, LETS ROLL SKINS!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Certainly a good point about the Colts being bad in the preseason.

It looks like the Bills defense has some issues.

I am hoping the Bills offensive performance was more a credit to our Defense last week than confirmation that the Colts defense is pourous.

RFK, i'm glad you started this thread. You were reading my mind. However, I wouldn't start drinking too much cool-aid. We still have the Ravens to play tomorrow. I think that would give us a clearer idea of our progress over the offseason.

Agreed. The Colts are cupcakes in the preseason. The Ravens will be a much better test of where we are heading into the season (although we will still be running a vanilla game plan). Really we just got to hope the things we try to execute look good.

I bet the coaching staff did a bit more game planning for the colts game than they did with redskins. The bill coaching staff probably got some heat and decided to gameplan a bit.

I think after the ravens and Jets well have a better idea on the redskins.

I have to agree with what everyone is saying. I think the important thing for us this pre-season is to just gain some confidence in the new system. I am optimistic that we will play well against the Ravens, but the big question is how will our players react to adversity if we do hit some bumps along the way? Last year we could look good for 55 minutes and have one thing go wrong and it would all fall apart (Saints game). In these forums alot of emphasis is put on player skills, but much of it is just attitude.

:logo:

Agreed. The Colts are cupcakes in the preseason. The Ravens will be a much better test of where we are heading into the season (although we will still be running a vanilla game plan). Really we just got to hope the things we try to execute look good.

As long as we don't get shut out or allow the Ravens' Offense to put of 500+ yrds vs our 195 yds :doh:.

Is this more validation that the Redskins are vastly improved and we should drink more of the refreshing burgundy and gold Kool-aid?

Nope. Its still just preseason. We don't know how much or if any gameplanning is going on for either side and based on the Colts 4-20 something pre-season record i would venture the Colts do zero gameplanning.

The Bills are a better team than saw and *ahem* Chan Gailey is a better coach than I thought?

Chan Gailey is a good offensive coach wether or not he'll be a good HC with the Bills? We'll see.

The Bills are a thin team so the longer their starters play the better they'll look.

My guess is the Bills will look horrid in game 4 when the starters play the least, in fact my money will be on it ;)

The Colts are not quite themselves?

See question 1

BTW-the transitive property doesn't apply in football

One thing I found out since we played them was that they were actually the number 2 team in interceptions last year so I wouldnt necessarily discount our passing game against them.

/edit, I found it amusing that they played in Canada. If the bills have another ****ty year, I wouldnt be surprised if they end up moving up there.

It would not surprise if the Colts take a big step back this season. I just don't see much talent beyond the QB position.
I was thinking the same thing. Their defense seems to be a Jekyll and Hyde dependent upon whether Bob Sanders is in there and I think the Jeff Saturday issue with the offensive line will be huge. That being stated, they still have Addai, Clark, Wayne and Garcon. Weapons are there but will Manning have the time to find them.

I think their division will be tough as well, which kind of stinks since we play that division this year but Colts, Texans and Titans, I could see any of those teams reaching the playoffs, don't know about the Jags.

Just remember... the Jim Zorn Era began with us flanking the Colts in the Hall of Fame game...... that wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement of how our season played out.
Interesting you mention that. I was at the Hall of Fame game and I was at the Bills game last Friday. Totally different feel, not just because it was at FedEx, but the execution and hustle to me seemed light years ahead to anything we have seen in the past few preseasons. Certainly, remembering that it is preseason, and yes, teams go 0-4 in the preseason and win the Super Bowl but just mainly throwing it out there for discussion.

Archived