Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

When I lived in DC, played soccer with a little Argentine guy. Thought he was all that. Anyway, I'm glad Argentina keeps coming up short for his sake. **** him.

Is it fair to say Messi is not clutch on the world stage?

Nah, prob just not in finals?

Argie lost the WC final in extra time. Then lost two shootouts. I can't remember if he missed his PK last time too.

Looks like Messi wont be the only one 'retiring' internationally for argentina. Seems lots of players are disgusted with the AFA

@JuanG_Arango

ESPN Argentina now confirming Agüero and Mascherano "retirements"... also Lavezzi, Biglia, Higuain, etc. in the coming hours to days.

England game thoughts, defence and midfield back to the original starting group. Kane back in up front, probably for Vardy but I'd keep him and drop Sturridge. Rooney to score first, England to win 3-2.

Italy Spain to go to pens. Hoping for an Italy win.

Italy will pack 10 in the box. Spain will pass in front of them for 120 minutes. 309,000 completed passes. 99% completion rate. 0 shots on goal for both teams. 3-2 Spain on penalties

Looks like Messi wont be the only one 'retiring' internationally for argentina. Seems lots of players are disgusted with the AFA

@JuanG_Arango

ESPN Argentina now confirming Agüero and Mascherano "retirements"... also Lavezzi, Biglia, Higuain, etc. in the coming hours to days.

Typical Argentina.

• Like 2

Messi retires after yet another Argentinian failure? ****ing crybaby.

The shadow of Maradona continues to hang over him. He'll go down as an all time great. But not Maradona great. Not least in his own Country.

Congratulations Chile. Marvellous achievement to retain.

England game thoughts, defence and midfield back to the original starting group. Kane back in up front, probably for Vardy but I'd keep him and drop Sturridge. Rooney to score first, England to win 3-2.

Italy Spain to go to pens. Hoping for an Italy win.

Spain 2-0. Iceland 1-0.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

He's 29. I'd let the young guns deal with qualifying. If they qualify for the WC, then I might throw my hat back in the ring. If the AFA says "no"—that's on them. He's also gonna be 31 then—I'm sure he can still play but man dude can use a break too. 

• Like 1

Not understanding the backlash on social media in particular to Mane. (Except it's social media and everyone loses their head on there.). 

Everything we need up there and a perfect fit for us IMHO. Adds genuine width and the pace to get in behind we've not got outside of Divock. 

The only downside with Mane, and it's not really that much of a downside all things considered, is we'll lose him along with Matip possibly through January/ early February every two years with the African Cup of Nations. Too many people are getting too caught up in the 'big name' signing and forgetting the manager we now have. BELIEVE in Klopp! 

Really like this pickup. Reports down South saying it's £34 million rising to £36 M. But in today's market, not concerned about that for a proven PL difference maker. If inconsistent. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Great to see we've added a sell on and buy back clause to the pending Sergi Canos sale too. 

If the greedy little **** does keep on developing, at least we're covering all options. Not before time that we've finally wised up in that regard. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Not understanding the backlash on social media in particular to Mane. (Except it's social media and everyone loses their head on there.). 

Everything we need up there and a perfect fit for us IMHO. Adds genuine width and the pace to get in behind we've not got outside of Divock. 

It's 2 things:

1) The kids these days don't know how to build a football team.  They see United about to buy Mkhitaryian and City flexing money and they're upset.

2)  They think this is our "marquee" signing of the summer.  Which it may be (if that's a thing), but it's a signing that helps the team dramatically.  It's a signing that makes others better.

Great to see we've added a sell on and buy back clause to the pending Sergi Canos sale too. 

If the greedy little **** does keep on developing, at least we're covering all options. Not before time that we've finally wised up in that regard. 

Hail. 

How's his mom's restuarante doing?

Still standing I hope.

Gave the kid everything, he just needs to have patience... **** 'em if he doesn't have it.  He can go ruin himself somewhere else.

He's 29. I'd let the young guns deal with qualifying. If they qualify for the WC, then I might throw my hat back in the ring. If the AFA says "no"—that's on them. He's also gonna be 31 then—I'm sure he can still play but man dude can use a break too. 

Yeah that has to be almost 70 matches for him this year.

I kind of like the fact that some of the elders are retiring but I think it's less for avoiding qualificiation and more of, what I like to call, "The Nick Saban Effect."

When Alabama loses a game, inevitably the following week there is a leak on espn that Saban is fielding NFL offers.  It keeps the natives from getting to restless.  Kind of a "be grateful for ****'s sake" to the people.

• Like 2