Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Long is a lot better than Ings though and offers more in general play than Benteke. Who knows about Sturridge at this stage. Admittedly have not seen enough of Origi.

Don't think Long would be a stop gap player tbh. I get your point though. I'd be trying to get a proper goalscorer in too if I was Klopp.

Hey, if he thought Long was a better option going forward even as a 3rd/4th choice then that's another thing again. 

Just from the brief spell we saw before his injury, I think Ings is going to have a real big part to play under Klopp. His workrate and movement fits him perfectly and he was beginning to show an end product before the injury. 

Both Ings and Gomez have been a massive loss this term. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Too many managers at Anfield have spent too many years filling the squad up with similar or slightly better talent than what they had. A big reason we've been in the position we've been in for too long now.

it is the "win now" nature of professional sports that exists today. clubs (football, futbol, baseball, basketball, etc) are dropping a ton of money on salaries and want championships in return. managers/coaches don't have the luxury of building slowly the right way. everything is a knee-jerk, reactionary response to immediate needs without a clear vision of the future. and why would they? they don't have a future if there is a disappointing season result, or even a disappointing string of game results.

the teams world wide that have had sustained success have one or more (generally more) of the following in place:

1. a world class owner/upper management team that takes the long view (green bay, rooney, kraft in the NFL, for instance) and allow their coaches to work through things.

2. world class coaches that have the personal gravitas to attract talent, to demand respect (of management and players) to create job security, and generally to just not give a **** about short term fixes when a long term solution would be best. popovich, phil jackson, belichick, fergie, hopefully klopp at 'pool.

3. a team culture that has everyone all in. a direct result of the coach/manager, of course, but with the right players on board, the coach/manager can really do some damage. think patriots jackson-led lakers/bulls for the positive... chelsea for the negative.

4. tons and tons of money to spend by the tractor trailer full... always nice having a willing russian mobster, oil-soaked sheik, or other version of a modern day robber-baron that doesn't even have a budget to ignore. FFP really solved things. see manc, chelski, yankees, red sox, real, barca. teams that are virtual all-star teams (or spending like they are).

5. an entire league that acts as a farm system for the top team, that can play their second 11 in league to save their first 11 for the real matches (kidding, münchen...)

6. a super-star at key position, and the money to pay him and a good supporting crew. jordan, gretsky, messi, ronaldo, brady, arod/jeter, rodgers.

looking realistically at liverpool, we hope to have one of those things- a transcendent manager in klopp- that will hopefully create the team culture. the team spends (not very wisely given the total tab and the current quality of the squad), but there isn't the sense that 'pool could be in on a (say) messi sweepstakes if he became available. maybe things change with klopp and FSG has more confidence in klopp's talent evaluations to avoid an ineffective 3 headed transfer committee monster and to really open up the pocketbook for LEGIT players and not "up and commers." we'll see.

• Like 1

If true Shane Long would be a pretty good signing. Good depth player and a lot better than what ye have in reserve in that position at the moment. Always been very underrated imo.

Echo if it was a loan.

He's fit and looks like he can press.  I've watched a little Southampton and he's not a bad player, but if Jurgen wants to win every competition, why not?

I just don't want to buy him.

Long is a lot better than Ings though and offers more in general play than Benteke. Who knows about Sturridge at this stage. Admittedly have not seen enough of Origi.

Don't think Long would be a stop gap player tbh. I get your point though. I'd be trying to get a proper goalscorer in too if I was Klopp.

Oh I'm not sure about that.  I'm pretty high on Ings.  He's a 10-15 goal scorer, imo.

Ings can create and works his ass off too

Too many managers at Anfield have spent too many years filling the squad up with similar or slightly better talent than what they had. A big reason we've been in the position we've been in for too long now. 

But, mercifully, that's changing now we have a World class manager running the show. 

Hail. 

EXACTLY where I'm at.  If Klopp wants to have a go at the League, FA, and Europa Cups... then yes, bring him in.  But he's not a player that will take us where we want to go.

• Like 1

Perfect result in Chelsea-Everton... but add on a full minute and let Terry score a yard and a half offside why don't you? :lol:

I'm sure they'll leave that highlight out of the "FA has a conspiracy against us" video they're making down there.

• Like 1

I NEVER thought I'd ask this but there HAS to be a serious concern Chelsea may go hasn't there?

Make NO mistake they're right in the thick of a dog fight and they don't have players used to scrapping for their lives. They look a complete mess more often than not no matter who's out there or who's in charge. 

I mean I still struggle to see them dropping, but City, Leeds and Forest thought the same in the not too distant past that they were better than anything around them and they went. Chelsea have a far better squad than those teams of course on paper. But on the park it's proving a whole other story. 

22 games in and just 2 games clear. With other teams beginning to scrap for wins around them. 

The question HAS to be asked now surely?

Hail. 

• Like 1

Brilliant if unsurprising find.

Different place. Same old tired, trolling rhetoric.

On the flip side you've probably now killed Fred as he realises this place isn't half as bad as others.

Hail.

BT = Bavarian Troll

• Like 1

BT = Bavarian Troll

Honestly PRAYING we pull Munich if we get back the Champions League next season. 

We might not have anything like the current strength of squad they do. But I'll take my chances with Klopp against BT's (very misguided, to be polite) mouth. 

Just need to qualify. Starting with the small ****s from down the road tomorrow. Assemble the clan lil' bro! Every last living one of them! I want you ALL present and correct in front of the TV scream screaming dogs abuse tomorrow morning. I got this side covered. You! Do your duty soldier!

And you KNOW I'll KNOW if you aren't. So be warned! You KNOW better than to  **** with my juju when we play THEM!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Echo if it was a loan.

He's fit and looks like he can press.  I've watched a little Southampton and he's not a bad player, but if Jurgen wants to win every competition, why not?

I just don't want to buy him.

Oh I'm not sure about that.  I'm pretty high on Ings.  He's a 10-15 goal scorer, imo.

Ings can create and works his ass off too

Can't see any reason Southampton would loan him out though?

Aye he'll run himself into the ground every game. Great pace and decent in the air for his size. 

I like Ings too tbf and they are very different strikers. Ings definitely the superior finisher. 

See what happens sure but I wouldn't be too downhearted as a Liverpool fan if Long does sign. 

Honestly PRAYING we pull Munich if we get back the Champions League next season. 

We might not have anything like the current strength of squad they do. But I'll take my chances with Klopp against BT's (very misguided, to be polite) mouth. 

Hail. 

You  have made so many stupid comments here that I laugh at, but this was certainly the best.

First, you are closer to ending up in the bottom half than in the top 4, so you should better hope you are able to make it back to Europa than UCL.

But, if you do make UCL, I pray with all my heart that we get you.  You can 'take your chances', but the end will be that Pool won't make the Europa league spot as they get hammered.

Pool fans all around the world are so delusional - how about you just try to see if you can at least score vs ManU tomorrow.

And you still haven't listed when you will see Klopp run to the supporters.

If you lose tomorrow, but it's close, will he still run to see the 20 or so of you who stay until the end.

haha... look what i found at the end of the liverpool/manu article on espnfc:

BT Foom · Baltimore, Maryland

LOL, mid-table teams make a 'great' rivalry.

Hey mate, I'll say the same to you as GHH, I have no problem with Pool overall and no problem with you.  If you want to have a go at me/my side, then know I'll come back at you.  Just sayin.  Maybe better to just watch and not stalk. ;)

... and, what I said there is true.

The rest of the soccer world laughs at you (Pool and Manure) who think you are relevant on the European stage.

Sad that you have now become just like the 'old man' stalker, another sad little man who supports a small club on the Irish Sea.  You both can now tell me to keep off your lawn.

Edited by btfoom

You continue to spew your out right lying B/S, I'll continue to read things how you post. 

Simples.   :D

But I would suggest you took this back to the other thread. No need to infest another thread with your nauseating MO. 

Hail. 

I needed to post this from the DCUnited thread.

I posted there that I supported DCU from the beginning, then this crazy effer had to follow me there to have another go at me.

No problem, I don't have any issue with debating the guys who ride the short bus, it's actually pretty amusing.  I didn't want to have the same discussion on that thread, as it was started just to be about DCUnited, not me and a delusional poster.

So, to GHH to make sure you completely understand, I wasn't the one who left threads to attack another poster, you did.  How about you keep your inane posts here and we can deal with them in this thread - no need to show another group of folks that you know little about world football, ok????

Hey mate, I'll say the same to you as GHH, I have no problem with Pool overall and no problem with you. If you want to have a go at me/my side, then know I'll come back at you. Just sayin. Maybe better to just watch and not stalk. ;)

... and, what I said there is true.

The rest of the soccer world laughs at you (Pool and Manure) who think you are relevant on the European stage.

Sad that you have now become just like the 'old man' stalker, another sad little man who supports a small club on the Irish Sea. You both can now tell me to keep off your lawn.

listen here, mate (and seriously, you're american. i know "mate" sounds cool and all when you're talking soccer...errr, footie, errrr fütbol, but really we ain't mates, freund), all i did was post the **** you posted for all the world to see. if that is talking smack or throwing **** back in your face, you've got some paper thin bull**** skin that doesn't need to be posting ANYTHING online. let alone **** that has folks from all over the world recognizing the quality of the bull**** you're spewing.

the rest of the world knows how boring the bundesliga is... not for it's play, but for it's final result. five years this century that you haven't won the league, and once you were out of the top three. BORING. you're all bark and no bite and flashing strong to ward off the claims that you're a front runner. are you sure you're a skins fan? i smell a closet ravens fan, myself. fits your pattern.

tl;dr: shut the **** up, troll. everyone's on to your weak-sauce game. you don't want to be called on it? don't post your bull**** for all to see.  stick to the friendly confines of ES where we tolerate your boringness. 

66479752.jpg

Edited by dchogs

So my wife hates dogs.  She loves cats.

So I get her a kitten for Christmas.

This morning, I wake up because the cat has peed on me while I was sleeping.

So let's see what kind of omen this is.

COME ON YOU REDS!

So, to GHH to make sure you completely understand, I wasn't the one who left threads to attack another poster, you did.  How about you keep your inane posts here and we can deal with them in this thread - no need to show another group of folks that you know little about world football, ok????

I'm pretty sure he's seen more Bundesliga than you have.  As have I.

Like.

In person. 

Silly goober. :lol:

tl;dr: shut the **** up, troll. everyone's on to your weak-sauce game. you don't want to be called on it? don't post your bull**** for all to see.  stick to the friendly confines of ES where we tolerate your boringness. 

Remind me never to disappoint you  :lol: