Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well, we're 1-1 at the half.  Should be at least 2-1 cause that ball in from Gerrard to Lambert was right at his head.  Not sure how he didn't get over it.

So far the ref has missed two Palace handballs in the box and the linesman has called two offsides that were at least a full two yards on (Lambert and Lallana).

Par for the course.

Well, we're 1-1 at the half.  Should be at least 2-1 cause that ball in from Gerrard to Lambert was right at his head.  Not sure how he didn't get over it.

So far the ref has missed two Palace handballs in the box and the linesman has called two offsides that were at least a full two yards on (Lambert and Lallana).

Par for the course.

Oh come on now. At no point in this game should a PK have been called. Not even close. I didnt see Lallana, but while Lambert was for sure on sides, he was even with the defender. Should have been called on sides but that call is missed all of the time across the EPL.

Oh come on now. At no point in this game should a PK have been called. Not even close. I didnt see Lallana, but while Lambert was for sure on sides, he was even with the defender. Should have been called on sides but that call is missed all of the time across the EPL.

Coutinho was at the top of the half circle and sent it to Lallana in the box.

Not saying it should've been a pen... just par for the course.  The one where Skrtel was going for the header this half on the far post gets called all the time.

Lallana for Borini!?~!?!

What the **** are you watching BR!?!?!

Do you know how many wins Arsenal have in their last 30 against Man U and Chelsea?

Three

Tres.

That's how many goals we've conceded to Palace today.  And there's still time!

*drops mike to begin 6 hour prep for Redskins game*

With my son shifting to futsal on Saturday nights, I finally watched a Liverpool match from start to finish. I know this team has a lot of problems, but most important for me is this team has no goals in it. Where are the goals coming from? Coutinho and Sterling are all build up with no final product. Lallana was supposed to provide goals from the midfield, but he hasn't. Balotelli can not play by himself. Lambert can not play by himself. Sturridge can't stay healthy. Borini can't be trusted. I think scoring goals would help their defense as I think they are good enough. This team is playing a wide open style with no end result which is leaving the open to counters. Either they bring in two strikers (you can't trust Sturridge anymore) or play a defensive style….

Unless the new manager can score goals, I don't think it will make a difference

Best player of the match for LFC was Lallana... and he was first off.

His player selection sucks, his defensive shape continues to baffle with all of the money spent.  I mean, Aly Cissokho and Martin Kelley shut down their sides against us already this year... we can't win with expensive signings.

I think we have talent in the midfield and on the backend - forward, meh... I don't think we do either, but the style of play and BR's approach to the whole operation has become an embarrassment.

Thats going to make you feel so much better. :mellow:

Oh I knew I was going 0 - 3 this weekend as soon as the Caps lost to the Sabres last night.

****ing Liverpool had to score 90 seconds in to make this one taste that much more bitter didn't they?

It makes no sense why Liverpool continues to struggle with talent in the lineup. This team lost 6 games last year in total. They've already lost 6. This is their worst start ever in PL history 

Losing Suarez does that much to you? Suarez was more of a headache than a good player 

It makes no sense why Liverpool continues to struggle with talent in the lineup. This team lost 6 games last year in total. They've already lost 6. This is their worst start ever in PL history

Losing Suarez does that much to you? Suarez was more of a headache than a good player

At this point, it's clear that it's more than just Suarez

Last year Liverpool gave up 50 goals. As a comparison City gave up 37, Chelsea gave up 27, Arsenal gave up 41 and Everton gave up 39. That rounds out the top 5.

The reason they were able to give up so many more goals than the other teams and finish that high was because Saurez scored so much. He created goals himself as well as for others just being on the field. Theydont have that scoring prowess right now so they are losing games that they won last year even with a poor defense.

They are on pace to give up more goals this year than last, I think part of that is because they are being left open at the back since they cant find someone to finish.

I dont watch Liverpool that much, but all of the games dont look that different than last year outside of someone being able to finish. Just dont have the ability right now in the final third.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

Suarez was a tremendous loss, but so is Sturridge. They replaced the movement, tenacity, pace and creativity of Suarez and Sturridge with the immobility and unwillingness of Balotelli and the high effort but low on pace Lambert. Lallana was supposed to pick up the scoring slack, but he has been hurt and inconsistent.

At this point, it's clear that it's more than just Suarez

Agreed

Best player of the match for LFC was Lallana... and he was first off.

His player selection sucks, his defensive shape continues to baffle with all of the money spent. I mean, Aly Cissokho and Martin Kelley shut down their sides against us already this year... we can't win with expensive signings

Is Lallana fit enough to play the full 90? Maybe he was always going to play 70 minutes. I don't think you go from genius to idiot in a couple of months. For BR's system to work, they need to score more goals. They need to get one or two strikers in January. The bad news: That's not easy. The good news: Liverpool has been very successful in January in the past.

As awful as they have been, they still have a realistic chance at the top 4....if they get their **** together!! (That's a big if)

Edited by jobaga

3 to 1.

To Crystal Palace.

Sack him.

As you know, I never saw any of today's game. I was too busy having a great time with dinosaurs and blue whales and **** at one of the Worlds foremost museums. But I've just had a pretty darn flat night to start the trip with my three travelling companions who did suffer through it live. Totally deflated, apathetic and pissed isn't the word. And apparently it was dead in the ground with many not even arsed to hurry back after half time.

I'm struck by BR quotes after, admiting the team is struggling and he takes responsibility ... Where have we heard that before? It's getting tiresome Brendan. Words are cheap. Here's an idea .....

STOP persisting with your ****ed up system even a blind dead man can see doesn't work.

STOP picking players who don't deserve to play on form.

STOP playing players out of position and play to their strengths.

STOP the B/S excuses (European games? REALLY? After all the money you've spent on the 'squad!').

Or as my good mate Steve put it; 'Lose the ****ing ego soft lad and start putting the best interests of the club, NOT you; first again!'

Seriously lid, give me ONE good reason why I'm on an early morning flight to ****ing Sofia to watch this ****e?

Seriously, Just ONE! Because I got nothing better than it's all I've ever known.

I must want my head examining.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Yes losing a world class player like Suarez DOES do that to you if you don't adapt. Suraez made everyone around him better. First he showed for the ball and gave the midfield players somewhere to pass quickly. Second his presence attracted defenders and created space for other players to perform in. Then of course he finished - thats priceless.

He was a headache and Liverpool did exactly the right thing moving him on for very very good money as well. It looks like they have wasted most of that money though on mediocre players and they have also failed to adapt their system and pattern of play - they are still doing the same things that worked with Suraez, Sturridge and Sterling up top - trouble is two of those are not playing this season and one is not coming back at all.

Then there is the back four and keeper ...

• Like 1