Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

To be fair, they had nothing to sing about on the pitch. I'm glad to see them handle losing with grace and class...

Just awful human beings.  There are kids in that stadium today.  Fine examples to start with.

Super Tom Rosicky!!!

Bi27lnIIMAAzBUE.jpg

Best

banner

EVER!  :lol:

He's now lost as many games in a season as United have lost in any Premier League season. 1 more loss and he'll of lost the most United games in a season since we last won the league ..... Omens?

Does it get ANY better than that? Complete and utter domination from start to finish. Correct me if I'm wrong but was Shrek's effort at Mingolet late first half the ONLY shot they had on target? At home. In your biggest game of the year. That just sums up how much Utd have gone to the dogs under him. When they're bringing on such luminary's as Cleverley and Welbeck, who have no right being at Utd to start with, it says it all. And just how they'll attract anyone in the summer with no Champions League (and possibly no European football at all) is gona' make that soap opera priceless summer entertainment.  :lol: And the longer you're out of Europe, the worse it gets. United fans, you need the Europa League for the sake of your coefficient. Trust me. 

Awesomely good display from the Red Men. Complete domination and just a shame we didn't get the 5 or 6 to humiliate them even more. How did Rafael stay on the pitch BTW? (Although that said Flanagan was sailing close to the wind in that regard.). Did Sturridge dive for the third peno? Meh, he should of had another after that was cast iron so screw them. 

Could of done without Arsenal winning, but that more or less wraps up the top 4 and leads to a 4 way shoot-out for the title. 

With Chelsea and City to come to ours, this **** just got real! 

Hail. 

*Edit* I wonder if Utd's 'CLATTENBURG REFEREE, LEADER, LEGEND' banner has now been scribbled out in black marker to 'CLATTENBURG. YOU SCOUSE B******!'  :lol:

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Apparently United fans were signing about Hillsborough again... pure class.

I was highly amused by a, shall we say 'rotund' Utd fan the other side of the segregation who was hurling abuse and then, after apparently taking offence to being asked if he'd ever seen his dick, responded with 'Have you ever seen Liverpool win the league?'

Word to the (un) wise fat boy. Football didn't just start in 1992 with the advent of the 'Greed is good' league, or BPL as they like to call it. The Football League had been going 104 years before that through which time the tin pot shower you follow had amassed a mighty 7 titles (the last in 1967. 25 years before you probably think football was invented); whilst those horrible Scouse b******** had amassed 18.

So yeah lard ass, I've seen my team pick up the English League title 5 times in the flesh out of the 10 times in my lifetime. (And Arsenal and Blackburn too. Go figure?).

Man don't you just love the modern day, Sky generation football 'fan' who thinks football only started with the Premier League?

Hail.

• Like 1

Quality strike but what was with all the above mad celebrating at the end? It was like you'd won the league already.  :lol:

That said, fantastic gesture from Rosicky to give his shirt to the lad in the wheelchair. That was class. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I was highly amused by a, shall we say 'rotund' Utd fan the other side of the segregation who was hurling abuse and then, after apparently taking offence to being asked if he'd ever seen his dick, responded with 'Have you ever seen Liverpool win the league?'

Word to the (un) wise fat boy. Football didn't just start in 1992 with the advent of the 'Greed is good' league, or BPL as they like to call it. The Football League had been going 104 years before that through which time the tin pot shower you follow had amassed a mighty 7 titles (the last in 1967. 25 years before you probably think football was invented); whilst those horrible Scouse b******** had amassed 18.

So yeah lard ass, I've seen my team pick up the English League title 5 times in the flesh out of the 10 times in my lifetime. (And Arsenal and Blackburn too. Go figure?).

Man don't you just love the modern day, Sky generation football 'fan' who thinks football only started with the Premier League?

Hail.

The timeline for bragging rights is subjective. This is why your half step out of the enormous shadow United have cast has you all giddy. Who knows, maybe unlike the first two fantasy United demises this one will stick if Moyes gets anywhere near the end of his contract.

Edited by SJValleySkinz

The timeline for bragging rights is subjective. This is why your half step out of the enormous shadow United have cast has you all giddy. Who knows, maybe unlike the first two fantasy United demises this one will stick if Moyes gets anywhere near the end of his contract.

The demise at Utd is more than about Moyes (although he is certainly doing his part!) They have an ageing squad thats short of real top quality. The heart of the Utd team the last few years has been the best central defensive partnership in the the Premiership in Ferdinand and Vidic with Evra alongside. Ferdinand is past it and like Vidic this is likely his last year at Utd and Evra is no spring chicken. 

The younger lads like Smalling and Jones are decent but they need someone of real quality alongside them and also someone with a bit of pace. Utd are too easy to get behind if they play high and are very vulnerable to balls down the channels if they play deep.

In Midfield they have Carrick whoe's decent (again not getting any younger) and Mata who is a good signing BUT he plays in the same area of field as Rooney. Moyes has to find a system which allows them both to flourish and, well he's Moyes so ....... The young winger is good but he's the only young payer they seem to have coming through who has real promise. Fellanni does not seem to have a position at Utd and looks like a fish out of water.

Van Persie is still quality but he's 30.

The keeper is decent and has improved but is not real top quality, maybe just in the group below IMO.

Whoever the manager is they need a lot of surgery on that squad with a big clear out of players who are past their best and others who are never going to be good enough.

In terms of real top quality players you have lets say the keeper, Mata, Rooney and Van Persie to build around, and you need to be thinking about how you replace Van Persie already as well as building the rest of the team.

Liverpool have been in Utd's 'enormous shadow?'

Do you REALLY want to get into that? Think carefully now.

Hail.

Whoever the manager is they need a lot of surgery on that squad with a big clear out of players who are past their best and others who are never going to be good enough.

In terms of real top quality players you have lets say the keeper, Mata, Rooney and Van Persie to build around, and you need to be thinking about how you replace Van Persie already as well as building the rest of the team.

With no Champions League football it's hard to see where that top quality will come from. Throw in the man in charge, and the prospects of a summer spending spree on anything significant don't look too clever at all. The name only goes so far these days with players as we know only too well.

And it's IMPRRATIVE they make the Europa Lge. We can skit them about Thursday night footie and all, and Utd fans (those that don't travel and experience European trips) can say they don't want it all they want. But the club needs it. The longer your out, the worse it gets for your coefficient when you return. Even 1 season can have big consequences now of what pot and subsequent draws you land in. And Europa Lge wins go to boosting that.

Hail.

By the way with regard to my lads cup semi, theres always next year  :(

They played pretty well actually, lost 4-2 but gave a good account of themselves. They lost the last goal late on chasing the game. It was a typical almost Spring day in NW England  (i.e raining, really windy and freezing bloody cold). Daylan looked like a mud ball at the end but he kept his side in the game in the first half.

(Picture below of him last season)

post-150526-0-07819400-1395050201_thumb.

One from the start of this season.

post-150526-0-60150400-1395053985_thumb.

Edited by MartinC
  • Like 1

I'm glad Brendan Rodgers is starting to get credit for being a good tactician. I think he has what it takes to be great! He has developed the youth players, motivated the veterans, resurrected a few careers, has been tacticly great (for the most part) and has done pretty well picking the right talent in the transfer market. I think he is the perfect fit for Liverpool and I am happy to have him.

Quality strike but what was with all the above mad celebrating at the end? It was like you'd won the league already.  :lol:

That said, fantastic gesture from Rosicky to give his shirt to the lad in the wheelchair. That was class. 

Hail.

beating your rivals, innit?

Especially Tottenham. They celebrated drawing us 2-2 in the Invincibles season at the WHL. Unfortunately they did not realize that we needed a draw to win the league on their ground, again.

Rosicky facking loves scoring against Tottenham

16-03-2014-GifNumber-204.gif

rosicky2.gif

and that Martin Samuel enthusiasm.

"RosiCKYYYYYYYY!"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hl9j6_rosick_news

Edited by JoeWolf990

beating your rivals, innit?

Especially Tottenham. They celebrated drawing us 2-2 in the Invincibles season at the WHL. Unfortunately they did not realize that we needed a draw to win the league on their ground, again.

You know that record alone is something real special. To of won the league at Anfield, Old Trafford and WHL. Your main rivals and England's two biggest clubs. Man that must be a great feeling to win the league like that. I'll never forget that Friday night back in 1989 and how distraught a feeling it was on the Kop to lose it like that after all we'd been through. (I think that was the night our invincibility started to slip TBH but that's another story.). To of been an Arsenal fan that night winning it at Anfield must of been awesome. 

There's all Arsenal's title triumphs around the middle ring at the Emirates as you probably know, and there's a banner either side of the '89 one that say's 'It's up for grabs now .....' in the words of the late Brian Moores commentary. Or at least it's always up when we go down there ha ha. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Liverpool have been in Utd's 'enormous shadow?'

Do you REALLY want to get into that? Think carefully now.

Hail.

Liverpool were the dominant force in English football until the early 90's and overtaken in that aspect by United in the span of about 25 years. Not sure where "there" is but that's an undeniable fact. Going back and looking at about the last 50 pages of this thread I can see a lot of frustration has been boiling over the years.

The demise at Utd is more than about Moyes (although he is certainly doing his part!) They have an ageing squad thats short of real top quality. The heart of the Utd team the last few years has been the best central defensive partnership in the the Premiership in Ferdinand and Vidic with Evra alongside. Ferdinand is past it and like Vidic this is likely his last year at Utd and Evra is no spring chicken. 

The younger lads like Smalling and Jones are decent but they need someone of real quality alongside them and also someone with a bit of pace. Utd are too easy to get behind if they play high and are very vulnerable to balls down the channels if they play deep.

In Midfield they have Carrick whoe's decent (again not getting any younger) and Mata who is a good signing BUT he plays in the same area of field as Rooney. Moyes has to find a system which allows them both to flourish and, well he's Moyes so ....... The young winger is good but he's the only young payer they seem to have coming through who has real promise. Fellanni does not seem to have a position at Utd and looks like a fish out of water.

Van Persie is still quality but he's 30.

The keeper is decent and has improved but is not real top quality, maybe just in the group below IMO.

The manager needs to be replaced first and foremost and the rest will work itself out if the club is run properly. We won't win what to amounts to a title every other season for 25 years, but there's no reason United can't be in contention on a yearly basis. It would take a self inflicted catastrophe of criminal proportions for a club of United's stature to simply go away as you can see at the moment. The squad isn't great but it's good enough for 3rd or 4th.

The manager needs to be replaced first and foremost and the rest will work itself out if the club is run properly. We won't win what to amounts to a title every other season for 25 years, but there's no reason United can't be in contention on a yearly basis. It would take a self inflicted catastrophe of criminal proportions for a club of United's stature to simply go away as you can see at the moment. The squad isn't great but it's good enough for 3rd or 4th.

Liverpool fans were probably thinking similar things back around 1990 ....GHH could give you some perspective on that.

Liverpool fans were probably thinking similar things back around 1990 ....GHH could give you some perspective on that.

I was too young at the time to know the exact details (Started following United around 1990) but that's the self inflicted catastrophe I'm referring to and it was also a completely different era. United's very first "demise" in the early 2000's was the closest they came to completely collapsing long term IMO but Fergie found a way to adapt and go on another dominant run.

As much as I dislike him Fergie was a great manager - they are few and far between and I think we can all probably agree Moyes is not one of them! Fergies greatness was as much in his ability to move players on before they reached their sell by date and replace them as anything - that plus the clubs ability to produce a golden generation of home grown players that were the nucleus of his teams - Scholes, Beckham, Gary Neville, Giggs. 

I think Fergie could see the writing on the wall with this squad. He could not face another rebuild and at his age who can blame him but its a huge task facing Moyes and probably his replacement. I don't think Utd will sink into a mid table club with the resources at their disposal but there may be a year or two of scraping over 4th 5th or 6th before you can start challenging for the very top again.

As much as I dislike him Fergie was a great manager - they are few and far between and I think we can all probably agree Moyes is not one of them! Fergies greatness was as much in his ability to move players on before they reached their sell by date and replace them as anything - that plus the clubs ability to produce a golden generation of home grown players that were the nucleus of his teams - Scholes, Beckham, Gary Neville, Giggs. 

I think Fergie could see the writing on the wall with this squad. He could not face another rebuild and at his age who can blame him but its a huge task facing Moyes and probably his replacement. I don't think Utd will sink into a mid table club with the resources at their disposal but there may be a year or two of scraping over 4th 5th or 6th before you can start challenging for the very top again.

The longer they leave Moyes at the helm, the more extensive the rebuilding process will have to be. There will never be another Fergie but as of right now there shouldn't be a problem attracting a top class manager, whether he's already established as such or an up and comer, especially with the money they're talking about spending.

If I was a person that "disliked" United I'd be saying a prayer that they advance in the CL and finish the season off strong so the savior keeps his job. All this slagging off of poor Davey when you guys should be resurrecting altars of him.