Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Wow? I thought Wilshire was one of Arsenal's better players. I don't watch them every week (or very often) and will obviously defer to your opinion on him, but I thought he was a major cog in the team.

he's not a major cog in the team.

Our very best team does not include him. He has been inconsistent at best this season and has no position. Im not even sure why England keeps calling him up.

He is injury prone and doesnt understand that he isnt big or athletic. What worries me for his long term prospects is that he looks like he has lost some speed. This injury will not help him regain that.

Even in that Liverpool match at Anfield, he was the biggest reason why we were destroyed in the midfield.

Edited by JoeWolf990

yeah Wilshere may be a legit star in the future but he's still really young (he's just a year older than me) and has the football IQ of a pear. He has my vote for the dumbest player on the team lol 

I missed Joe`'s post. WIlshere's biggest problem is that he doesn't realize that he isn't as strong and quick as he thinks. He's like the guy in the gym that will try to dunk on bigger guys and ends up turning the ball over and looking like an idiot

• Like 1

Im honestly not sure he will ever be that good. He is a pretty stupid player.

When Ramsey struggled, he struggled because he was just feeling his way back, but he was never tactically out of position. Ramsey is a really intelligent player and always performed his role. Jack just doesnt.

I know everyone has high hopes for him, but I am not convinced by him at all.

Eh, you just never know. A lot of people wrote off Ramsey. Intelligent underachiever, couldn't finish. Player development isn't a linear trajectory, you'll have plateaus and dips. Two years ago Jack was more way ahead of Aaron.

but Ramsey was getting into the positions to score. He was still making the right football moves. He fell in love with backheels for a little, but he was doing the basics right.

I dont see that with Jack enough. Also Ramsey has a GREAT attitude, whereas Jack tends to think and play like a superstar when he is not.

Like Ramsey was already captain of his damn country, yet you would never know it by how he plays. Jack is the opposite.

And Jack was only ahead two years ago because Ramsey was still working his way back from injury. Ramsey was always the higher rated player between the two. Always. Wenger bought him because he dominated Arsenal in an FA Youth Cup match while playing for Cardiff. This was back when Lansbury was the big hope. If you compare when the two first broke into the team, Ramsey performed better than Jack then too.

I watch Jack and see the technique, but do not see the application. What really concerns me is that he may have lost that quick burst he used to have.

Edited by JoeWolf990
  • Like 1

I'm so surprised we tallied 4 against Everton. I was expecting a nail biter

Ozil needed that goal so bad. Thank The Lord

To be fair, it was a nail biter for 80 minutes. Around the 80th Everton had to go for it and left themselves open to a classic arsenal goal. #4 well Giroud Girou'd #4. Some Fallon down deflection off my handcuffed boot. Everton had some gilt edged chances to equalize or go ahead, so once again, soccer is a game of finishing your chances.

To be fair, it was a nail biter for 80 minutes. Around the 80th Everton had to go for it and left themselves open to a classic arsenal goal. #4 well Giroud Girou'd #4. Some Fallon down deflection off my handcuffed boot. Everton had some gilt edged chances to equalize or go ahead, so once again, soccer is a game of finishing your chances.

That's certainly true but I felt way more calm than the last Everton match...maybe because I was super tired from waking up so early lol

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Arsenal were comprehensively better than Everton yesterday, it was no nail biter.

However the 4-1 scoreline was flattering. 3-1 would have been a truer result.

Which will probably be cheaper than a game at the Emirates. 

Something intrinsically wrong there. 

Hail.

better product at the Emirates, imo