Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Arsenal were comprehensively better than Everton yesterday, it was no nail biter.

However the 4-1 scoreline was flattering. 3-1 would have been a truer result.

better product at the Emirates, imo

C'mon man, played better is one thing. But Everton had golden GOLDEN chances. Ross Barkley had 2 or 3 and Lukaku had at least 1. 

Wow @ City-Wigan

Napoli vs Roma is some of the most physical ball I've seen in awhile, plus many stellar saves from both of the 'keeps.

Arsenal fans need to keep an eye on this. 

Good chance you'll be playing one or the other in the non-Champions qualifier just to make the Champions League in August.  ;)

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

And Wigan dump City out for the second straight year. WOW!

Again, Arsenal beware! These are fighting tooth and nail to retain their trophy. 

Hail. 

This can't possibly be true.

I keep reading that City are well on their way for the Quadruple!!!  You must be mis-informed re:FA Cup result.

In all seriousness, Arsenal must put everything into the FA Cup.  They haven't had this good of a chance for Silverware since that debacle vs Birmingham.

Bayern will put you out of your CL misery tomorrow.

Or we could "Wigan" Bayern. 

The Wigan-City game was crazy. Again, it's a game of finishing, everything is just window dressing. Wigan didn't even do THAT great of a job defending, City created oodles of shots on or near goal. The goalkeeping was pretty good not spectacular. 

Citeh left it too late. The last half hour after they finally woke up an realised they were crashing yeah, the dominated and created a shed load of chances. The first hour they were non-existent and got what they deserved. You start slowly, with the wrong attitude, it's hard to pick it up.

If Arsenal have the same attitude then they could well go the same way. Wigan are fighting tooth and nail to retain the Cup knocking out three Premiership sides, the latest being City yesterday. If Arsenal go into it thinking they only have to turn up to win then they'll be in for a rude awakening.

On the downside, a Hull/ Sheff. Utd vs Wigan Cup Final could well set record lows in viewing figures. Who on Earth would want to watch that?

Hail.

I'm one of the weirdos I guess, but I'd like to watch it.  Maybe that's small club syndrome, though.  But it's get old having the discussion for the same handful of clubs every year for silverware.

Whoa. The same handful of clubs for silverware discussion has not inlcuded Arsenal in recent years. So feel free to root form them. 

On the downside, a Hull/ Sheff. Utd vs Wigan Cup Final could well set record lows in viewing figures. Who on Earth would want to watch that?

Hail.

You mean Hull Tigers, right?

Maybe it's just me....but am I supposed to be offended when ppl make light of our performance in the CL? I'm not necessarily seeing it in here as much as other sites/forums but I keep hearing "they're going to put you out of your misery" and "disappointing CL performance"...er what? A disappointment to who? 

Was any Arsenal fan (or even any EPL team for that matter) expecting to beat Bayern this year? 

We have a "chance" at the league title and are two games away from the FA Cup. I'd say we are doing fine based on what everyone was thinking last August against Aston Villa and the fact that half our midfield is dead. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Whoa. The same handful of clubs for silverware discussion has not inlcuded Arsenal in recent years. So feel free to root form them. 

Yeah, of the larger clubs I have a softer spot for Arsenal and Liverpool because of their silverware droughts.  I'd still prefer to see smaller clubs win something, though.

Yeah, of the larger clubs I have a softer spot for Arsenal and Liverpool because of their silverware droughts. I'd still prefer to see smaller clubs win something, though.

It may come as a surprise that only Chelsea and United have win more trophys in the 2000's than Liverpool, and no English club has won more European trophys in this millennium.

We may be on a domestically title draught, but we've still been ticking over with major silverware.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

It may come as a surprise that only Chelsea and United have win more trophys in the 2000's than Liverpool, and no English club has won more European trophys in this millennium.

We may be on a domestically title draught, but we've still been ticking over with major silverware.

Hail.

Not making it any easier to root for you. :P