Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Arsenal only have 6 subs, I wonder who's getting canned for that **** up.

Watching the game yesterday, I was shocked at the bench for Arsenal.  They have so much money to spend, and have 2 'rookies' on the bench (they ended up playing).  For a team the size and heritage of Arsenal, I would expect much more.

Wegner really needs to spend in the off -season.  I know the constant cry is "They have good players, they just get injured".  Well, one of the main reasons their top players get injured is because they are overly used.  Arsenal need a couple top players, but several squad players (which don't cost lots of $$$) to use when they play League Cup matches, some EPL matches, etc to give guys a rest.

Not as long as the last time a Liverpool fan showed class. 

...and the last time Liverpool were in the CL, Manuel Neuer, Jerome Boetang, and Mesut Ozil won the U-21 European Championships :P :

u21_05_02_en,property=original.jpg

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

Not as long as the last time a Liverpool fan showed class. 

it was mean...but, it also was funny

It's just nice that we don't have to defend the character of our best player. We don't have to wonder if our team is going to declare bankruptcy and possibly be relegated because of it. We don't have players with massive price tags grossly underperforming. The team is playing a very attractive style of football. We can actually have hope and belief that Stevie G can win a BPL title in the next couple of years. So, yeah, some of us are enjoying another team's misery. Not all of us, just some...

I love this!

That was awesome and so rare sadly in the modern game. 

Reminds me of a cold night down at Highbury when the most natural goal scorer I've EVER seen, live or on TV, tried to turn down a penalty with the score at 0-0 and both teams going for the title. Who say's Liverpudlian's aren't honest? :

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness sentenced to 3 1/2 years in jail for tax fraud worth €27 millions. The same guy that was criticizing PSG about financial fairplay, LOL.

Edited by FrFan

I know many folks (me included) don't really like Cristiano Ronaldo on the pitch.

Well, here is a fantastic story about his generosity:

Cristiano Ronaldo pays for young fan’s brain surgery

This is the type of tear-jerker story that draws us closer to our idols, and reveals the human side of larger-than-life athletes.

Ten-month old Erik Ortiz Cruz suffers from cortical dysplasia — a brain abnormality that can cause up to 30 seizures each day — and his family has been desperately looking for help.

Without brain surgery, Erik’s seizures can only worsen and lead to more developmental problems in the future. With one, Erik could win a second chance at life. But the operation costs $83,000 alone, necessary follow-up tests an additional $8,000+ each. Attempts to raise money by Erik’s family haven’t nearly been enough to cover the costs.

Running out of options, a Cruz family friend reportedly reached out to Cristiano Ronaldo, asking if he could donate some signed jerseys or boots to auction off. Not only did Ronaldo happily agree to the donations after hearing of Erik’s plight, he pledged to pay the entire sum of his medical costs and visit the young Merengue in the hospital! <picture and comments a link>

I have 3 kids (all healthy, thank God) and can't possibly imagine how hard it is to look at your 10 month old son who has this condition, knowing I can't possibly pay for this type of surgery.

CR7 just earned a giant appreciation from me.  What a great person he is!!!

• Like 2

I don't understand much of the Ronaldo hate. I hated him because the the shirt he wore. He does some absolutely amazing things on the pitch. Maybe my stance has softened since Liverpool has a player that everyone loves to hate. Maybe I am just being contrarian. I do not have a problem with Ronaldo. With that being said, I am very jealous of his life...

• Like 2

Pretty much of the same mind j.

Hated Robaldo purely because he played for them. Once he left, he jus became another footballer. The diving thing gets blown out of all proportion with Ronaldo. Is he bad for it? Unquestionably. (Although he has gotten better with maturity.). But name me a modern day player that DOESN'T go down at the slightest touch and I'll show you a liar. They ALL do it. It is what it is and is part and parcel of today's game. And most are as bad as each other if truth be told.

What isn't in question is his ridiculous talent. His goals output that last year at Utd and his time in Madrid has been phenomenal. The personal dual him and Messi have had has been beyond ridiculous. Too, TOP player who will go down as one of European footballs all time greats.

Brilliant story. Paints the guy in a whole new light many would never of thought of him.

Hail.

He was lucky to just get that IMO.

Absolutely. He got off REAL lightly. His previous alone, never mind the latest disgrace; should of warranted that.

Can't help feeling if he'd if been a non-English manager he would of been and everyone would want him beheaded at the Tower of London.

English hypocrisy stinks.

Hail.

• Like 1

I just signed my daughter up for "First Kicks" soccer camp.  She's three and we've kicked around a little, which she enjoys, so this should be fun.  It's run under a heading of British Challenger Sports, or something like that, so I'm expecting her to learn such skills as kicking the ball long without many passes, getting tired 10-15 minutes before the game is over against teams in superior condition, and choking during penalty kicks.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 4

I don't understand much of the Ronaldo hate. I hated him because the the shirt he wore. He does some absolutely amazing things on the pitch. Maybe my stance has softened since Liverpool has a player that everyone loves to hate. Maybe I am just being contrarian. I do not have a problem with Ronaldo. With that being said, I am very jealous of his life...

same here.

ever since he left United, I found it hard to dislike him and am a big fan of his because of the stuff he does off the pitch, and his amazing swag on it.

• Like 2

I just signed my daughter up for "First Kicks" soccer camp. She's three and we've kicked around a little, which she enjoys, so this should be fun. It's run under a heading of British Challenger Sports, or something like that, so I'm expecting her to learn such skills as kicking the ball long without many passes, getting tired 10-15 minutes before the game is over against teams in superior condition, and choking during penalty kicks.

I laughed. But then true humour is often the best.

That could be a premonition for England in Brazil this summer.

Hail.

Absolutely. He got off REAL lightly. His previous alone, never mind the latest disgrace; should of warranted that.

Can't help feeling if he'd if been a non-English manager he would of been and everyone would want him beheaded at the Tower of London.

English hypocrisy stinks.

Hail.

Sadly, I think you are correct.

First, there is NO place for a manager to get into any type of conflict with opposing player, especially a physical one.  When players get longer ban for "words" and not "actions", there is a problem.

• Like 1

Since my "proud parent" thread got archived I guess I'll just post this here as ya'll will likely appreciate this more than anyone else.

My son had his first Middle School game last night, unfortunately he didn't start, but after we went down to 3-0 early in the second half he was subbed in. That's when the fun started, he played about 20 minutes and kept the net empty the whole time. He stopped two or three 1v1 break away attempts by charging and tackling the ball, even took a kick to the back for his efforts which had him face first on the ground for a minute before resuming his job (yes we got the whistle), he stopped a beautiful corner attempt, and seriously took charge of the defense. I am so proud of his efforts and while we didn't win the match, he certainly made a statement to the coach that as a 6th grader he's definitely worth being considered for the starting spot against the 8th grader. He told me afterward that he was very nervous going in because "those guys were huge", and because he had already seen them score three goals on our starter. But he said after stopping the first 1v1 attempt by their striker, he settled in and in his words told himself, "I got this." He also told me that the whole time he was playing he was making a statement to the coach. I don't know if he'll get the next start, but there is certainly conversation in the stands about him, and his toughness.

Ok....carry on.

13163965644_6e5fb14648.jpg

• Like 5

Since my "proud parent" thread got archived I guess I'll just post this here as ya'll will likely appreciate this more than anyone else.

My son had his first Middle School game last night, unfortunately he didn't start, but after we went down to 3-0 early in the second half he was subbed in. That's when the fun started, he played about 20 minutes and kept the net empty the whole time. He stopped two or three 1v1 break away attempts by charging and tackling the ball, even took a kick to the back for his efforts which had him face first on the ground for a minute before resuming his job (yes we got the whistle), he stopped a beautiful corner attempt, and seriously took charge of the defense. I am so proud of his efforts and while we didn't win the match, he certainly made a statement to the coach that as a 6th grader he's definitely worth being considered for the starting spot against the 8th grader. He told me afterward that he was very nervous going in because "those guys were huge", and because he had already seen them score three goals on our starter. But he said after stopping the first 1v1 attempt by their striker, he settled in and in his words told himself, "I got this." He also told me that the whole time he was playing he was making a statement to the coach. I don't know if he'll get the next start, but there is certainly conversation in the stands about him, and his toughness.

Ok....carry on.

13163965644_6e5fb14648.jpg

Awesome!!!

• Like 2

I just signed my daughter up for "First Kicks" soccer camp.  She's three and we've kicked around a little, which she enjoys, so this should be fun.  It's run under a heading of British Challenger Sports, or something like that, so I'm expecting her to learn such skills as kicking the ball long without many passes, getting tired 10-15 minutes before the game is over against teams in superior condition, and choking during penalty kicks.

You have to do your part by singing loudly from the 'terraces'. 

So...How many games will Ramirez get? Willen? Will Mourinho get disciplined for going on to the pitch? 

I guess Willen will get 3, but I think Ramirez will get more than 3. As for Mourinho, probably nothing...

Ramirez was a straight red so that will be 3 with immediate effect. (Deserves more for the stamp. Dirty lil' ******!). Willem was a second bookable right? (I'd turned on just after that.). 1 or 2. And yeah, the one who's 'Not special anymore' (still laughing at that. Quality) will doubtless get nothing. 

Man, tomorrow is going to be EPIC!

Hail. 

*Edit* Looks like Kompanys out the Manc derby too after his sending off today.