Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Even Joes not said he's 'rubbish', as much as I think he"s doing him a disservice in his opinion. Let's stop the silly talk. No need to get so deensive. It's not an attack on 'Utd.' The conversation would be flowing toward whomever was about to pay so much.

And I wouldn't like to call this semi either way through another half hour.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

DAVID MOYES IS A FOOTBALL GENIUS!

Sunderland are 2nd bottom right? And Utd just failed over 210 minutes to come out on top against them right? Fantastically awesome night. Congratulations Sund'land. THOROUGHLY deserved. Good luck the final against Citeh. 

Moyes MUST stay!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

That was absolute gold. 

Them getting the goal back thinking they are going to win it then going out in penalties. Absolutely woeful penalties and Carrick supposedly badly injured. 

Only bad news is the Mata deals looks only a matter of time away. Very good signing.

Man Utd's bid for Juan Mata, believed to be in the region of £37m, is accepted by Chelsea subject to a medical on Thurs #MUFC #CFC

Edited by Morrison J
  • Like 1

He's not better than Iniesta. My lord he must be rubbish then.

Look, I think Mata is a good player - not great, but good to very good.

The problem is that he doesn't address the main issues that Utd face - bad defending, poor mid-field play, lack of scoring.  With Rooney and RVP back, they get the scoring.  Where does Mata fit in then?

In terms of depth of competition it is. Admire Atletico Madrid much as I do La Liga is a two team league. The Bundesliga is great to watch and I had hope it would be on the rise but I forgot Bayern are the only club in the world that get to cherry pick off of their closest rivals. Who's left?

What depth?  The bottom half of the EPL could switch places with 10 teams from the Championship and noone would know.  It may be competetive, but so's my daughter's U-12 league. 

EPL<<<La Liga<<Bundisliga.

But hey, with Mata, you may even make Europa league next season.

• Like 1

Manchester United

iVkLBTLJRPNYz.gif

In terms of depth of competition it is. Admire Atletico Madrid much as I do La Liga is a two team league. The Bundesliga is great to watch and I had hope it would be on the rise but I forgot Bayern are the only club in the world that get to cherry pick off of their closest rivals. Who's left?

have you taken a look at the premiership table this season? If you think 10-20 place only separated by 6 points is "depth of competition" then cool.

The premiership used to be the best league in the world, but those days are over. Its poor defensive football run amok, with no tactics. I mean Arsenal have the best defense in the league, FFS!! ARSENAL!!

All of the leagues are imbalanced.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Also, looks like Radamel Falcao tore his ACL in a nasty challenge. Out for the season and probably world cup.

He was tackled from behind, ACL tear has just been confirmed. I blame Ranieri for that, what in the hell did he had to play him vs a 4th divison club ?

Now Radamel is out for the rest of the championship and for the WC.

Edited by FrFan

Well the dominoes appear to have fallen: Mata to United, Saleh to Chelsea and Liverpool to look for another option to strengthen the push for top 4. 

Saleh was the big target.

Boston was bull****ting on the money or we'd have had him in here a couple of weeks back.  Then Mata out and Chelsea need a midfielder.  Lucas' injury is going to sting because I'm not sure Joe Allen can play that well there.

Boston are getting more and more ******* annoying by the day.

Lucas tweeted today it will be weeks not months so there is that. But now Johnson's out. But Flanagan was back in full training today.

Hail.

They are definitely frustrating...But they have been making much better decisions after the Camoli/Carroll/Downing debacle. I have faith in them to strengthen the team (there I said it...)

Saleh was the big target.

Boston was bull****ting on the money or we'd have had him in here a couple of weeks back.  Then Mata out and Chelsea need a midfielder.  Lucas' injury is going to sting because I'm not sure Joe Allen can play that well there.

I'm sure they will find someone to help the push for the top 4. I would prefer they add central midfielders and add Ibe to the mix with Sterling and Coutinho at the wing. We may even see Suarez or Sturridge out there

Boston are getting more and more ******* annoying by the day.

Lucas tweeted today it will be weeks not months so there is that. But now Johnson's out. But Flanagan was back in full training today.

Hail.

Yeah Bradley said it was all but done for LFC like two weeks ago and then we hear that their was no money.  BR basically had to beg John to come out and see a game (first one at Anfield since, what?  2010?) and then he finally coughed over the money.

I mean, does he want a Champions League side or not?  We are fine to good on the starting 11, when healthy.  But depth is where the other teams get us.  That takes time and money.  And guys like Moses aren't going to get it done.

Didn't know Flano was out.  I'd give him about 20 minutes this weekend and then if he shows well he starts the Derby, for me.  Either that or I let Sterling play back there and tell Coutinho to get his head out of his ass.

Those two can't play in the same 3rd of the field but I think if Sterling plays WB it'll be beautiful.... if his decision making improves.

I'm sure they will find someone to help the push for the top 4. I would prefer they add central midfielders and add Ibe to the mix with Sterling and Coutinho at the wing. We may even see Suarez or Sturridge out there

I just don't think they can play attack together but I think Sterling could play attack from LB or RB.

What he lacks in size he makes up for in speed and being a pest.  I'd roll the dice with Sterling back there.  If it doesn't work you can always take out Coutinho or Allen and bring in a back 4 anyway... then just move Sterling up.

I do not think Sterling should ever be a part of the back 4. He's too small and can't defend that well. The Reds have a hard enough time defending set pieces to have Sterling back there. I'm guessing they will play a 3-5-2 in the Merseyside Derby. I have a feeling Coutinho will sit.