Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Where are all these restrictions coming from? Is it really going to be that hostile up there?

I think most MLS stadiums do this. Even at RFK visiting supporters tailgate on the opposite side of the stadium from Barra, et al, and they're seated nowhere near our supporters.

If you remember how RichmondRedskin described the Open Cup match against the Kickers, that's what happens when teams don't plan ahead like this.

Is it overkill sometimes? Yes. But I'd rather wait the extra 20 minutes than deal with stupid-ass drunk fans.

will the usa / guatemala game televised at all tonight?
US at Guatemala tonight at 10pm. Game will only be televised on PPV

Here is the list of official US Soccer bars that will definitely be showing the game: http://www.ussoccer.com/Live/WCQ-TV-FAQ/Bars.aspx

In other Group A action, Antigua and Barbuda vs Jamaica at 7pm. We are currently tied with Jamaica at 3 pts each.

Other games:

Canada vs Honduras 745pm

Guyana vs Costa Rica 800pm

Panama vs Cuba 905pm

El Salvador vs Mexico 930pm

GO DCU! Hand Philthy it's ass! (On AND off the field. ;) ).

*For anyone that's interested, I've been inspired enough to start a MLS/ DCU save on the best soccer 'puter/ video game out there, Football Manager; due to the interest I've gotten in DCU from here. WTG you guys! :pfft:

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

GO DCU! Hand Philthy it's ass! (On AND off the field. ;) ).

*For anyone that's interested, I've been inspired enough to start a MLS/ DCU save on the best soccer 'puter/ video game out there, Football Manager; due to the interest I've gotten in DCU from here. WTG you guys! :pfft:

Hail.

Yay! Next step is taking you to a live game. ;)

Edited by boysetsfire

What they need is a WORLD league... kinda like the UEFA champions league except instead of club teams you have countries represented. Can be the top 10-12 countries represented, but something more frequent than the once every 4 year world cup.

They actually do. If memory serves correctly Barca is the reigning world club cup champions. It's an annual thing. Basically the champion's league winner and the winners of the equivalent confederation's club championships go into a tournament.

WTG DCU!

First place consolidated, Cup defeat avenged. Victory over the retards up I-95.

I think bsf has had one pretty darn enjoyable Saturday on his travels.

Hail.

3 points!

This was a fun road trip. The stadium is pretty nice but where it's located, my god you better watch your back. Team played like complete crap but somehow managed to steal a win. When you're a good team, you're supposed to do that on those games.

Anyway, I made a amateur documentary about our road trip there so hopefully at some point I'll have it up here.

Next week is HUGE. At NY Sunday.

Edited by boysetsfire

Great win on Saturday. I could have sworn they called the goal offsides and then changed their mind

after watching the replay it looked like the ref was actually going up to call a penalty on DeRo (I think it was him who was taken down), but didn't bc they ended up scoring

So I finally finished making and editing the video of our road trip to Philly. Just remember though, I used the simplest of video making software I had, with absolutely no experience in ever making a movie. So please be nice. Some parts seem rough but it's the best I could do with what I had. We're planning on taking a road trip to Columbus later this year so I promise that video will be better.

Be nice please. :)

So what's the bigger game today? (Or tomorrow dependent on where in the World you are.).

Engalnd vs. Italy in the quarter-finals of the European Championships in Kiev?

Or DCU attempting to consolidate their position atop the MLS EC standings and win back the Atlantic Cup from the hated Red Bulls in the process?

Hmmmm, tough call .....

FORZA DCU! (See what I did there? :cool:).

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven