Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/09/jurgen-klopp-plans-use-versatile-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-often-possible/

Really enthused to watch this one develop and hopefully Alex finally fulfil his great attacking potential here. Really don't see how anyone can think this is a bad signing who doesn't vastly upgrade the overall squad. Shrugs. 

LOVE that Coutinho isn't in the squad for tomorrow. Never really had a doubt he would be, if for a lack of fitness if nottin' else. But make NO mistake, the fitness line is just a part of this. That's a statement to Phil and the squad that no matter who you are, no matter the size of the game, the TEAM comes first. 

The way it should always be. 

Not too sure on the strong rumour of Mignolet being the PL 'keeper and Karius the CL 'keeper. (With probably Ward adding to the madness by being the domestic cup goalie.). Never been big on cup goalies but at least it's a way to give him top level game time I guess. 

I fully intend to finally sit down and watch this lad tonight for the first time. (Presuming he's picked the RBL side.). 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/09/hes-player-bundesliga-jurgen-klopp-hails-new-liverpool-signing-naby-keita/

It's about time after all the hype.

Hail. 

• Like 2

On 01/09/2017 at 6:56 PM, DC9 said:

So all those years of plastering your bedroom walls with posters of King Kenny and Rushie and co, along with giving yers the proggi's to devour when yers should of been doing your homework, and stopping up late talking about the Reds whilst Ma screamed for the umptenth time 'BOYS! Turn that bloody light off NOW! I won't tell yers again!' has paid off. This Naby Keita fella' you've been bending my ear over the past year and more ..... You r kid can pick out a ****ing player! 

Finally got around to watching him tonight the Hamburg- Leipzig match and, well, WOW!

From the initial look, he's exactly the profile of player we've been targeting since Klopp arrived. An all-round footballer that can play any position that midfield. He started out tonight as one of the deep sitting two but he was all over the park dominating both ends. Strong. Athletic. Rangy. Strong the tackle. Great range of passing with a non-stop motor. The perfect modern day all round midfielder. 

Only 1 game like, and I need to see more over the year to really judge, but on this initial viewing, I totally get the hype and why analytical guys say he's so hard to compare to anyone else as he's so good defensively and offensively.

WELL impressed. On that showing, £55 million looks an absolute steal. Just frustrating we have to wait a year darn it! 

And to top it off, he blamend in this beauty from 30 yards to open the scoring!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/906247408467812352

Hail. 

*Edit* Damn it! Not playing. Soon as I can find another view I'll post it. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DC9 said:

This is why he isn't assed to serve Phil up to Barca.

https://twitter.com/DerKopite/status/906245622218588160/photo/1

Awww mate. I'm buzzing here. What a ****ing player this lad is already. 

And when Klopp gets a hold of him ..... 

Kudos. This wipes out Benteke and then some. You called this one way back as not only World class. But a complete difference maker. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Awww mate. I'm buzzing here. What a ****ing player this lad is already. 

And when Klopp gets a hold of him ..... 

Kudos. This wipes out Benteke and then some. You called this one way back as not only World class. But a complete difference maker. 

Hail. 

His interplay and vision are what turned me on about him in the build-up.  The finishing is something he's added the last two.

I cannot wait to see him in red.  Fit for the 8 shirt if anyone is.

• Thanks 1

Certainly reckless from Mane, but it was 50/50 and deserved a booking... NEVER a straight Red.  Manchester's own Jon Moss completely ruined the game with that.  Judge the foul not the result of it.

Shame...

Now we get to watch LFC try to preserve it's goal differential for the next 45 which looks unlikely.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Running full speed at the goalie with studs up, out of control, into his face is most certainly a straight red.

No different than a reckless slide from behind with studs up.

Agreed, not going to get away with kicking someone in he face, intent or not.

Glad I turned that off at half. 

Looked like some lazy defending in the highlights. All four defenders looked shakey... Moreno, Klavan, Lovren- which of those are truly deserving a start on an ambitious side.  I'll give AA time to get better and Matip has flashed, but the defense continues to be the glaring weakness. Criminal to have not shored it up this summer-- VVD or no. 

Edited by dchogs
  • Like 2

Well that was 'fun.' Could well have been 2 or 3 up early but for woeful finishing. (Mo lad. Seriously. WTF was that?). Sadio walks (thankfully the League Cup saves him missing Utd. Hope the goalies ok) and you're down to 10 men against the single worst side the PL outside of ourselves to have to face in that situation. But even saying that, outside of the 5th all self-inflicted goals by piss poor defending (Trents worst professional game by far but the experience will do him great to learn from) and goalkeeping. But at least some of the City gob****es got lashed out when the bizzies finally had enough. And pissed wet through before and after whilst the sun shines through the game.

**** happens. Hardest away out the way early. City's past and just a game back. Onto Seville. 

Up the 'Glad to get one of them out the way early' Reds.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

47 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well that was 'fun.' Could well of been 2 or 3 up early but for woeful fiiishing. (Mo lad. Seriously. WTF was that?). Sadio walks (thankfully the League Cup saves him missing Utd. Hope the goalies ok) and you're down to 10 men against the single worst side the PL outside of ourselves to have to face in that situation. But even saying that, outside of the 5th all self inflicted goals by piss poor defending (Trents worst professional game by far but the experience will do him great to learn from) and goalkeeping. But at least some of the City gob****es got lashed out when the bizzies finally had enough. And pissed wet through before and after whilst the sun shines through the game.

**** happens. Hardest away out the way early. City's passed and just a game back. Onto Seville. 

Up the 'Glad to get one of them out the way early' Reds.

Hail.

Yeah, knew this would be a tough one since we had the most players away on international duty, coming back to play the early Saturday match away at the one team you'd choose NOT to face under those circumstances.

When I saw the back 4 Jurgy put out there, I said to my wife, as we drove north, away from evacuating Hilton Head before dawn this am, "Jurgy's giving in this one to focus on the opening CL match against the toughest side in their group." Glad I was just listening on SiriusXM, and didn't have to watch that.

Without seeing it, my only comment would be: Okay Saints, what do you want January for the big Dutchie?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Running full speed at the goalie with studs up, out of control, into his face is most certainly a straight red.

No different than a reckless slide from behind with studs up.

He was running full speed at the ball which he has every right to. 

It's sad that Ederson got hurt but it was a 50/50.

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Agreed, not going to get away with kicking someone in he face, intent or not.

Now who is being naive?  Happens every week.

Migs got kicked in the face later in the game and it wasn't even a foul.

Come in here and say something like "The Reds look like **** and the fact that they collapsed when they went to 10 brings up serious doubts about their title credentials," and I'm not sure anyone will disagree at the moment.  That defense was shambolic.  But lets not act like Sadio wasn't playing to win that ball.

• Like 1

Putting this quote here from the match review on TAW as it's relevant for ALL football fans and damn personal that really pissed me off with the City bellends today as I half alluded to above:

' .....But when standing in torrential rain waiting for a tram surrounded by crowing Mancs, forgive me if I wanted more. Some pride, some passion, some sorting things out so the scoreline doesn’t end so embarrassing.

And on their fans, well I’m going there. Why are they singing about Steven Gerrard seconds after kick off? How is that relevant? What is it for? It’s a tad small-time for a club that loves to tell us how big it is.

Then the “victims” song. Belted out with vigour. Over and over. Including on the final whistle after winning 5-0.

What does the song mean? What’s the purpose of it? I asked a few City fans and got blank looks. So why are you singing it? Liverpool fans were the victims at Hillsborough. It wasn’t our fault. Fact set in stone. What else is the song referring to? Never our fault? Some Liverpool fans were culpable at Heysel. Some were tried and jailed. Again, fact. I just don’t get it. We’re having a chat about 1985 and 1989 when you’re having the perfect day here and now in 2017. Ignorance or being just plain thick? I’ll leave it up to you. ..... '

Hail. 

• Like 1