Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

5 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Liverpool fan celebrating dirty and dangerous play? Say it isnt so!

Aren't you still wondering how Barkley didn't walk in either fixture this year? :rofl89:

And **** Funes Mori for ruining Big Div last year...

Liverpool-v-Everton-Premier-League.jpg

• Like 1

Chelsea will most likely finish 17, 18 points above Liverpool, and Arsenal. Not even comparable to these two. A better comparison is between these three and Tottenham. Manchester clubs have silly money so they also should be held to a different standard.

3 minutes ago, JWB said:

Chelsea will most likely finish 17, 18 points above Liverpool, and Arsenal. Not even comparable to these two. A better comparison is between these three and Tottenham. Manchester clubs have silly money so they also should be held to a different standard.

Aren't you the one who predicted that world war three was starting two years ago or something?

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Aren't you still wondering how Barkley didn't walk in either fixture this year? :rofl89:

And **** Funes Mori for ruining Big Div last year...

Hah, find any occasion were I defended it let alone celebrated anything from an Everton player playing dangerously/dirty. Go look up what I said after the Funes Mori stuff. I dont change my opinions based on the shirt someone is wearing. ;)

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Hah, find any occasion were I defended it let alone celebrated anything from an Everton player playing dangerously/dirty. Go look up what I said after the Funes Mori stuff. I dont change my opinions based on the shirt someone is wearing. ;)

You've also never experienced the low life ****e of a Goodison Derby. 

Just saying. 

Hail. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You've also never experienced the low life ****e of a Goodison Derby. 

Just saying. 

Hail. 

Unfortunately I have never experienced a derby. Hopefully that changes before too long. 

After the Funes Mori play you were understandably upset as I was, though I'm sure more so. You should be just as upset when someone wearing a red shirt does the same thing.  These are guys careers and livelihood at stake.

7 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

He kissed his badge as he was sent off as Evertonians cheered...

Yet you say WE support dirty and nasty play or whatever....

That was what I was saying. 

11 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Spurs playing great again tonight. Sure have been the most entertaining team to watch in the league this year.

This x1000

I hardly ever miss a Spurs game these days. So good to watch. Pochettino is the best manager in the league in my opinion. They'd want to pray they hold on to him.

• Like 1

You're missing the point on the toxic atmosphere of a Goodison Derby. But regardless .....

If a PL players 'livelihood' is ever at stake, he must be a piss poor manager of his money. 

One PL contract should set you up to never work again in your life. NM a career worth of them. 

Plus it was Phil Neville. Pity he never fully connected. Shoot me. 

Hail. 

http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/story/3128702/jurgen-klopp-blames-premier-league-intensity-for-champions-league-struggles

It's ESPN, but just a little snippet from Klopp on how much more difficult the premier league is than...ahem...other leagues.  Conte echoed similar thoughts throughout the season, and emphasized it when the title was clinched.  

Winning the league is always a fantastic achievement, moreso in PL than any other.  Still buzzing and hoping for a double.  With the influx of TV money and money in general to the PL though, I expect a turnaround in the European landscape within the next 10 years.  Managers and players are flocking to the league to get more money, but also to compete.  Never underestimate the desire for top-flight athletes to want to compete.  

Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 1

So English Football League Playoff finals are set.

Championsip:  Huddersfield v. Reading 

League 1: Bradford City v. Millwall

League 2: Blackpool v. Exeter

Personal preferences are Huddersfield and Bradford in their respective ties, no real feeling on Blackpool or Exeter.

With Newcastle coming up and Mike Ashley opening up the till for Rafa, it's gonna be insane.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Manchester City

United

Tottenham

Newcastle

and Leicester, Everton, and Southampton waiting to shank you if you slip up

whew...can't buy the EPL title, Pep

• Like 1

Mike Ashley is fairly unstable so I'd wait a bit on Newcastle.   Though in general I think that any team in the Premiership has the capabilities of beating anyone else in the league for the most part which is why it's such a fun league. Will be interesting for Leicester next year to see how they do since Shakespeare stabilized their situation.

4 hours ago, Old Bay said:

Mike Ashley is fairly unstable so I'd wait a bit on Newcastle.   Though in general I think that any team in the Premiership has the capabilities of beating anyone else in the league for the most part which is why it's such a fun league. Will be interesting for Leicester next year to see how they do since Shakespeare stabilized their situation.

I'd wait on Newcastle too. Leicester will tank even further. Dream over there.

I was out last night so never got to see it, but England U-17's lost the Euro Final to Spain 4-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Spain equalising 5 minutes into injury time. 

Rhian didn't score the final and ended up with 3 goals from the 5 games. Which he started every one. Disappointing but real good experience for him in his development. 

Wonder if he'll make the plane to Australia this week to get a look?

Hail. 

15 hours ago, Old Bay said:

So English Football League Playoff finals are set.

Championsip:  Huddersfield v. Reading 

League 1: Bradford City v. Millwall

League 2: Blackpool v. Exeter

Personal preferences are Huddersfield and Bradford in their respective ties, no real feeling on Blackpool or Exeter.

Completely with you mate. 

Always had a soft spot for Bradford since the horrific fire. Along with my mum being from there. So I'll be rooting for them today. 

And after losing three good ones from the PL, and gaining figging Brighton, another long ass trek to Reading is the last thing anyone needs. Horrible place to get to and nottin' there when you do! Town will doubtless cause carnage all over for a year, but at least they're relatively 'local.' 

Just made up Wednesday got beat midweek to take any boycott out of the equation for obvious reasons next year. 

Hail. 

This fella's on the way to being bin bagged. Man's gota' do what a man's gota' do I guess ..... 

Brings to mind my Uncle Dave, who, in 1976, left the house Tuesday evening for a loaf of bread the corner shop ...... Seen the lads getting on the coach for the UEFA Cup final in Bruges ..... And joined them! Got a boss photie of him sat on a dustbin with Kevin Keegan the morning after the match both necking these chickens, with r Dave still in his cardy and slippers! Not sure how he ever explained going the shop, getting on the coach, then getting the ferry over Belgium to come home 2 days later with no bread like to me Auntie June! :rofl89: .

Man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do! 

Hail. 

• Like 2

What a glorious day to be alive. A final day where the Reds are playing a meaningful game of football again. A final day where the Reds are set to rejoin Europe's elite in a place where they sit alongside the pantheon of European greats.  This team is built for the big games. You only have to look at Klopp's ridiculous record against the top six his first 99 games. (P22 W11 D10 L 1 F37 A20. With the only loss coming in a game L'pool completely dominated against Utd but de Gea turned Superman yet again. <And they seriously think he won't be a massive loss.>.). Or the way he navigated a real tough knockout run in Europe last year to reach an albeit unsuccessful final. (Praise the Good Lord above today will be the very last time Alby Moreno graces Anfield with his numbskull presence.). And funnily enough, the Champions League is rammed with big games. So .....

Bouncing for today after last week. With absolutely no disrespect intended to Middlesbrough, all that remains is who finishes third. Do our jobs, on AND off the park, and give these lads the send off they deserve for what has been in reality a massive step forward in their development and an excellent season wich climaxes with the club's season objective today; and what will be will be. Hopefully, Watford sends Mazzarri off in style and upset City to avoid that darn qualifier nobody wants. 

Up the CL Clinching Reds! 

Hail. 

• Like 1