Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I'd really like to see Pep have to work into a CL spot though. Not for any schadenfreude but he's always been handed the keys to great teams. Let's see him have to build and slum it for a season. 

to be fair I think City has a really talented spine.  God knows they paid enough.  where they lack talent (for now) is on the wings.  For cryin' out loud they have De Bruyne playing LW when he is clearly a better central attacker.  Navas is a workhorse who offers pretty much 0 in front of goal...and Sterling is pure potential at the moment.  They need a couple filler pieces, but they should be good.  Sell Toure to fund a couple defenders and then just ignore FFP and buy some wingers and the squad will be super dangerous.  

I'd really like to see Pep have to work into a CL spot though. Not for any schadenfreude but he's always been handed the keys to great teams. Let's see him have to build and slum it for a season.

Will it count as a rebuild in that sense when he'll have unlimited funds to out bid anyone in fees/ wages?

Hail.

Why do you say that man? Curious to hear other views.

Personally, I hate the rule that away goals don't count until after extra time. The only competition that has it is the Football League Cup (Capital One) in England. My view is if it ain't broke ..... Two legged European knockout footie has always had the away goal rule for as long as I can remember to reward teams for going away and scoring. Everyone knows the rules. I honestly don't have any problem with it.

L'pool win 2-1 tomorrow and go out the away goals rule that's down to ourselves. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Hail.

I just think it gives an away goal way too much importance, at least give the teams an extra 30 minutes to catch up. At least I want to watch a team pushing all out for another 30 minutes.

But I do understand players are not robots and can't run forever. 

Pep will never do that. He mooches off talented teams then runs. Bayern should have atleast one cup over his tenure with that squad.

I dunno, as good as that Bayern squad is he basically ran in to Real and Barca playing their best.

This year was his best shot and they were probably going to win it all if not for that one mistake. And Saul doing his best Messi impersonation.

I dunno, as good as that Bayern squad is he basically ran in to Real and Barca playing their best.

This year was his best shot and they were probably going to win it all if not for that one mistake. And Saul doing his best Messi impersonation.

REal finished 3rd in La Liga when they blasted Bayern.

They werent playing their best, Ancelotti just outsmarted Pep by destroying his high line with balls over the top.

Pep's time at Bayern is a failure.

• Like 1

Was a very good effort by Bayern.

No matter what on the Atleti goal, need to defend that better.  I"ve always said that anything close needs to go to attacking team and that one fit the bill.

Mueller, for everything he does great for Bayern, missing that Pen really changed the game.  They still has chances to score and advance and just couldn't get it done.

Don't care who wins, as long as not City - would love to see Pep need to start with them in Europa.

Stings for a few days, then off to win the title (hopefully on Saturday) and then the Pokal vs rivals.

Looking forward to Ancelotti era at Bayern.

Mia San Mia

Pep's time at Bayern is a failure.

Agree with that.  A side like Bayern only have the top level of expectations and anything less is going to be seen as a failure.  He had 3 shots to win and lost all 3.  Not acceptable at a side like Bayern.

Can't see city getting back into this they are looking pretty toothless in midfield and struggling to pin down modric who pulling the strings.

Would agree pep was a failure at bayern manage to destroy what was a deadly counter attacking side under jupp

On another note Luca Toni retires was a good battering ram of a centre forward and one of the few professional athletes I've met was a class act.

Can't see city getting back into this they are looking pretty toothless in midfield and struggling to pin down modric who pulling the strings.

Would agree pep was a failure at bayern manage to destroy what was a deadly counter attacking side under jupp

On another note Luca Toni retires was a good battering ram of a centre forward and one of the few professional athletes I've met was a class act.

Well, to be fair to Jupp, they weren't just a counter-attacking side.  They played more fluid, attacking soccer and not the deliberate build-up under Pep.  I'd put money on Atleti as the last 2 sides to beat Bayern in the CL semi-finals have gone on to win the whole thing.

Loved me some Luca Toni and wish him all the best.

Well, to be fair to Jupp, they weren't just a counter-attacking side. They played more fluid, attacking soccer and not the deliberate build-up under Pep. I'd put money on Atleti as the last 2 sides to beat Bayern in the CL semi-finals have gone on to win the whole thing.

Loved me some Luca Toni and wish him all the best.

True I was being over simplistic but will always remember that semi final against barca when they destroyed barca by inviting them to attack and then just picking them off.
  • Like 1

I knew it ! :lol: Good luck, Hail to the Reds.

Thank you my friend. 

I think this is about the most relaxed I've ever been the night prior to a European semi. 

Excited, but honestly not worried at all. 

Anfield. Under the lights. In Europe. Where dreams become reality. 

Savour it Villarreal. You might never experience anything like it again. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Was a very good effort by Bayern.

A good shift, eh?

:P:lol:

Sorry... had to

Honestly didn't watch much of the game outside of the highlights.  Looked like LFC vs Chelsea back in 2014 where we were basically just shelling them and they were all in the area.

I hate those.  "Results" football is the worst.

I didn't know the bird was Jamaican.

This explains some of the "what you been smoking posts?" I see here sometimes ;)

Good Lord. Standing Kop you got high when the smoke hit yers the top the stairs ..... Happy days!  :lol:.

'Bring on yer Internazionaleeee,

Bring on yer Roma by the scoreeee,

Barcelona, Real Madrid,

Who the **** yer trying kid?

'Cos L'pool are the team that we adore!'

I may currently be a little hyper. Apologies NOT made in advance,  :D.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Know next to nothing about the Spaniards you scousers play today.  The only two teams I even keep up with outside of CFC would be Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund to a smaller extent.  But I have seen some highlights and the kid Bakambu looks like a pretty decent player.  Is he their main threat going forward?  I would expect pool to win the game but that could be simply because I know very little of villareal.