Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATE!!! Mike Williams NOT released, but instead put on Non Football Illness List (MET)

th3realist

Rick Maese just tweeted that the Redskins have officially released Mike Williams:

@Rickmaese Redskins cut guard Mike Williams, who's sitting out the seeason due to blood clots, Shanahan said

I understand the process but somehow this just doesnt feel right.

UPDATE ON MIKE WILLIAMS:

Ryan JUST posted this update:

@ryanohalloran #Redskins won't release Mike Williams yet -- he's being placed on non football illness.

Better news!

----------------

ES Staff edit to add link (scroll down): http://blog.redskins.com/2010/07/29/shanahan-on-haynesworth-we-re-going-to-get-him-in-shape/

Wow. I have mixed feelings about this.

The guy really busted tail and had some kind of freak medical condition. I guess all is fair in love and war, but straight-up cutting him seems pretty harsh.

Rick Maese just tweeted that the Redskins have officially released Mike Williams:

@Rickmaese Redskins cut guard Mike Williams, who's sitting out the seeason due to blood clots, Shanahan said

I understand the process but somehow this just doesnt feel right.

I hear the players say "It's just business" all the time when they are holding out for any number of reasons. Why would you look at this any differently?

I feel for the guy because of his medical issues but not for getting cut. It's just business.

I hear the players say "It's just business" all the time when they are holding out for any number of reasons. Why would you look at this any differently?

I feel for the guy because of his medical issues but not for getting cut. It's just business.

I feel this is different only in the area that this condition was beyond his control. He didnt get injured on the field and he didn't fail as a player. It was something that just came up. I just feel bad about the situation as a whole.

I know ... my head agrees with you but my gut feels differently.

Guess I had a soft spot for BMW. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the line for him, career-wise.

Sorry Mike. Best of health. But that's the breaks:

A mother gets mugged by her crackhead son

(That's the brakes, that's the brakes)

You're in the wrong part of town, so the shots make you run

Your best comrades put six tabs in your O.E.

Your boyfriend made you a carrier of HIV

Hey guys, who is the only unsigned Redskin? Mike Williams has to have been released to make way for the signing of Treat Williams. Most teams have their roster's full at all times. Owning the rights to an unsigned draft pick doesn't count against your roster size limit.

Some mixed feelings here. It is hard to see a guy who worked so hard to get there released like this. That being said, if he's going to miss the year, he's not getting any younger and you would have to question how much of a future he'd have with this team.

I hope he does recover fully and he finds an opportunity to play again, either here or elsewhere.

Some mixed feelings here. It is hard to see a guy who worked so hard to get there released like this. That being said, if he's going to miss the year, he's not getting any younger and you would have to question how much of a future he'd have with this team.

I hope he does recover fully and he finds an opportunity to play again, either here or elsewhere.

Agree 100 percent.

It happens once in a while, Longshot.

:cheers:

Archived