Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Fun Board Games

MissU28

So this Friday my boyfriend and I are hosting GAME NIGHT! I'm very excited about this, because I love and excel at board games. Especially board games that deal with skill or trivia.

Currently, I only have a few games out here in California with me. One is Imaginiff, which is a lot of fun.

I also have the classic Balderdash, and Scene It, which probably won't be played. I also have Moods, which is hilarious and fun. (BTW, I didn't pay $90 for it like it says in the link- I got it off ebay for like $10).

Which board games do you all enjoy? One of the couples is bringing Apples to Apples, which I adore, and I'm also a big fan of Cranium. I also own Partini, but it stays at my mom's house in Virginia, as it's a "take-it-to-Maine-for-Christmas" type of board game.

I'm thinking of picking up another party game before Friday, so I'd love to hear your suggestions....

Sorry and Yahtzee.... And we gamble on it too lol. My brother-in-law lost his soul in a game of sorry like in the simpsons episode and his buddy had it framed on his wall for over 10 years. Gave it back to him finally as a wedding present. True story.

I'm also a big fan of apples to apples, always cracks me up though as sad as it sounds, I really think some people cheat.

Trivial Pursuit is the best to me, but some people find it pretty boring especially when they're outmatched.

Balderdash is the one where the point is to lie and tell who is lying right? I rule at that game. Never play that with sales people. haha :ols:

Yeah, that's a classic. The talent is in making definitions that sound like dictionary writers wrote them. Joke answers are also fun. If it's funny enough, usually people will give you credit for it. The words are always so out there, it always cracks me up when I actually know what one means.

Guesstures can be pretty freakin funny. I remember the first time my redneck family had dinner for my former prim-and-propper in-laws. My wife's mom drew "faint" and flopped on the ground like a dead fish. They got it, but she couldn't get back up in time to grab the card. :ols:

The story gets re-told everytime we play it.

Clue and Scrabble are the greatest board games of all time. My 3 year old is just starting to learn some Candyland.

Some other fun ones i own include Battle Of The Sexes, Trafficking, Urban Myth, and Smart Ass. And i don't own it, but Cranium is a lot of fun too.

No mention of Taboo???? It's got an electric buzzer people. You have to get your team to say a word without using that word or 5 other words listed on the card. Seriously, MissU, this one would be a good one for a board game party. It's simple, people screw up, and there's a buzzer.

Archived