Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Debate Series: What sport rules each major sports city? (Currently debating Dallas, starting page 4)

Forehead

Alright, I think there's been enough debate for Chicago, and I'm not seeing much to counter-act what's been said in favor of the Bears. Let's move on to Atlanta, and we can always have more people chime in about Chicago if necessary.

Side note* MattFancy, read the damn title and stop posting a list.;)

I would also have to say the Braves. But in this instance I could actually see football as a sport being more popular than baseball. This is probably where the college game comes into play. But for pro teams it still has to be the Braves, and therefore, baseball.

Gotta be the Braves. Hawks, Thrashers, Falcons??

If the Falcons do something in the playoffs...could sway.

I always wondered how married the Braves were to Atlanta. I mean, they won something like 12 straight division championships and went to a few World Series, and still couldn't sell the park out.

As someone else said, probably because it's a college place more than anything, but I don't think any other pro teams would do better in Atlanta. At least the Braves have a track record of success and some rabid fans.

Well, this thread is 0-1 thus far. Chicago's definitely a baseball town

I still think it might be, but enough people went football, including the guy that lived there for a decade. Make your case for the opposite, it can be changed.

Braves and yet they only sell out when Strasburg pitches there. Falcons will take over if Matt Ryan wins a SB.

Yeah, Braves it is...let's move onto Boston, though I think it will be short lived.

Boston is an interesting case...you can throw out the Bruins and the Patriots, even with their massive recent success. It really comes down to the Celtics or the Red Sox. I know everyone has said baseball, no question, and I tend to agree. But can anyone make a case for Boston being more of a basketball town, having one of the greatest franchises in NBA history, the Auerbach dynasty, etc?

Beantown=Baseball. The Red Sox are the end-all-be-all of that city. The Celtics are loved, the Bruins are liked, the Patriots were briefly top dog.....but the Red Sox hadn't won it all in 86 years and still had the most die-hard following (outside of the Cubs) you could find in sports. Then when the Sox won the WS twice in 4 years....it was over. All the other teams could just forget about it.

I've lived in Boston the past year, it's Red Sox easily. I went to Fenway on Opening Night. It was ridiculous. Red Sox then Celtics then everyone else. Bruins are closer to the Patriots than you'd think. Bourque might be their most loved athlete of the past 20 years.

I've lived in Boston the past year, it's Red Sox easily. I went to Fenway on Opening Night. It was ridiculous. Red Sox then Celtics then everyone else. Bruins are closer to the Patriots than you'd think. Bourque might be their most loved athlete of the past 20 years.

Alright, we'll move onto Cleveland. Based on some comments I'm seeing, we might want to briefly reopen the debate on Chicago being a football or baseball town.

Anyway...Cleveland...one of the most hard luck sports cities...and from personal experience, an ugly place I never want to visit again. Floor is open.

Boston goes to the BoSox

Cleveland....**** they'll take whoever goes over .500 right? Browns, Cavs, Indians...i dunno it's a toss up.

In recent years...the Cavs due to LeBron. But with his departure...i think things will sway more towards the Browns. The Indians have a pretty loyal following though i suppose.

It's really a tough one. But for the immediate present we're living in, i'm gonna say the Browns. The Dog Pound loves their football. The Cavalier hype has everyone up in arms...but once they start losing games they'll easily be at the bottom of the heap.

-Browns

-Indians

-Cavs

in that order

Archived