Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Vincent Jackson ... will remain available for trade (MET)

Mr.Skinbo

Transitional tag, maybe. Franchise tag on Vikes Greenway.

Thanks for the clarification. JLC said the Vikes would possibly be tagging Rice. Sounded like he was implying the franchise tag would be used. Good news, because he's a young, difference-maker that would seem to make sense for Shanahan. Any word on Kalil? He's the offensive free agent I'd like to see us sign more than any other.

I like him, but I wouldn't trade Moss for him. If Santana stays healthy this season, he will be one of the most dangerous deep threats in the league under Shanahan/McNabb.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm happy with the WRs on our roster right now.

Jackson, Moss, and Thomas would be pretty serious, though.

With the grace of hindsight, this is hilarious.

McNabb was a bust, DT was released, and Moss had a mediocre year. But hey, we did keep Joey Galloway way too long.

AKA being saved from ourselves.

Just what I was thinking, well at least in regards to Vincent Jackson. I actually really like Woodley and Rice as FA possibilities depending on the outcome of the new CBA/Salary Cap situation and how pricey they would be to acquire. If a splash wash to be made, aside from OL, those are the 2 guys I would want.

V-Jax would have been great and way more appealing if we had gotten him last season, but as the 2011 season sluggishly becomes more of a reality V-Jax is looking more like a hit or miss. His is currently 28 years old,

which means he'll be nearing 29 by the start of next season, which basically means he's pretty much 30 and in WR years hes old. 27 going on 28 is way more enticing than 28 going on 29. Oh well, I would still love to

have the guy if he comes at a decent price, which he wont.

With the grace of hindsight, this is hilarious.

McNabb was a bust, DT was released, and Moss had a mediocre year. But hey, we did keep Joey Galloway way too long.

Moss was mediocre? 93 catches for 1,115 yards and 6 TDs. Mediocre?

Heaven knows what you call good.

If you add on the 871 yards to Anthony Armstrong on 44 catches (thats a 19.8 yard average for anyone keeping score which was among the very best in the NFL) and receiver was a productive position for us last year, escpecially if you take into account Chris Cooleys numbers.

If reports that Moss may not be back are accurate then we need to replace him for sure but we have bigger needs at G/C and QB on offense than at WR.

If all it would cost is cash, it wouldn't bother me. Giving up a pick is tougher. The Skins need a second wide receiver, one that can be a true number one receiver. You can roll the dice and hope you get one in the draft, but the Skins don't have the draft picks to spare. At least Jackson is a known quality. For next year's third round pick, yeah, I'd do it. But any higher and we're giving up too much. Maybe trading our second round pick this year for Jackson and a third round pick might be palatable, since you could probably pick up a good guard near the top of the third round, but nothing more. I don't think they'd deal for that.

Hmm...wonder what the implications are here. Since the Jets tagged an LB instead of one of their WRs, I'm thinking Holmes is now a potential target for us (I'd rather take him in FA than Edwards). This is all a moot point at the moment though since there's no FA in the foreseeable future.

Agreed....I would target the following players in this order:

1. Sidney Rice

2. Malcolm Floyd

3. Steve Smith (NY)

4. Jacoby Jones

5. James Jones (I previously had him higher on my list but his drops are a big issue; has big upside though)

6. Sims-Walker

Rice is probably going to get the franchise tag from Minnesota if they don't get a long term deal done. I think Smith is someone who wouldn't make much sense here, especially if we are looking for a #1 when Smith is more of a #2 with Nicks now being the #1 for NY. My top 3 would be

1. Malcolm Floyd

2. James Jones

3. Jacoby Jones

The Jones boys - prefect FAs for the Washington Redskins - #1 and #2 (James then Jacoby) in drops per reception ratio, and two solidly supporting #2 WRs who would be expected to produce like #1s, and will be paid like #1s. Brilliant!

Where do I sign up?!?

Archived