Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Vincent Jackson ... will remain available for trade (MET)

Mr.Skinbo

The Jones boys - prefect FAs for the Washington Redskins - #1 and #2 (James then Jacoby) in drops per reception ratio, and two solidly supporting #2 WRs who would be expected to produce like #1s, and will be paid like #1s. Brilliant!

Where do I sign up?!?

Now Tris I'm not calling for them to be #1 or #2 my top guy is Malcolm Floyd to target and he has a low drop ratio IIRC. I think Jacoby would come here as he's a fit for the system already and James would be interesting although I think he's going to return to GB if Driver retires

I could see them signing a guy like James Jones or Jacoby Jones and then drafting someone as well, this is also dependent on what the staff feels of Kelly moving forward.

Kelly could be the wild card in all this. The coaches obviously see something in him if he can just stay healthy.

Furthering that point, here a quick study into the insanity of the average fan who is clamoring for one of the Joneses.

A. 50 catches, 679 yards, 13.6 ypc, 5 TDs, 3 Fum

B. 51 catches, 562 yards, 11 ypc, 3 TDs, 1 Fum

C. 44 catches, 871 yards, 19.8 ypc, 3 TDs, 1 Fum

One of these recievers was Matt Schaub's #2 WR, one was Aaron Rodgers' #2 WR, and one was Donovan McNabb/Rex Grossman's #2 WR.

I could see them signing a guy like James Jones or Jacoby Jones and then drafting someone as well, this is also dependent on what the staff feels of Kelly moving forward.

I refuse to continue hoping Kelly is healthy. I've moved to the "show me" stage.

I would love to add Jacoby Jones, just due to his knowledge of the system.

I'm also down for drafting a WR in the first two rounds.

If Driver was a FA, I wouldn't mind a vet like that for the right price.

I would love to add Jacoby Jones, just due to his knowledge of the system.

He's been a major disappointment though, in an offense that gave him every opportunity to really succeed.

So why would that change here? You might as well take a guy who HASN'T had every chance and dropped the ball (literally and figuratively).

He's been a major disappointment though, in an offense that gave him every opportunity to really succeed.

So why would that change here? You might as well take a guy who HASN'T had every chance and dropped the ball (literally and figuratively).

That's a good point.

I'm really just not a fan of V Jax and slightly less of a fan of Rice "being that guy".

A lot of the others do nothing at all, so having that knowledge is just a minor advantage.

It's Malcom. :silly::ols:

I knew I'd screw his name up. :pfft::ols: Somehow I knew he spelled it different, I just wasn't sure how.

The Jones boys - prefect FAs for the Washington Redskins - #1 and #2 (James then Jacoby) in drops per reception ratio, and two solidly supporting #2 WRs who would be expected to produce like #1s, and will be paid like #1s. Brilliant!

Where do I sign up?!?

Thanks Tris. The more I've studied the Jones boys, the less I want to sign them. James is a #3 who drops the ball "ALL" the time. Jacoby is more suited to the #2 roll and I feel Armstrong can do what he's done over the years. We need a true #1. Floyd would be my guy as I feel he won't be franchised like Rice or VJax. He's 6-5, has brut strength and would fill our Andre Johnson role in this offense.

Furthering that point, here a quick study into the insanity of the average fan who is clamoring for one of the Joneses.

A. 50 catches, 679 yards, 13.6 ypc, 5 TDs, 3 Fum

B. 51 catches, 562 yards, 11 ypc, 3 TDs, 1 Fum

C. 44 catches, 871 yards, 19.8 ypc, 3 TDs, 1 Fum

One of these recievers was Matt Schaub's #2 WR, one was Aaron Rodgers' #2 WR, and one was Donovan McNabb/Rex Grossman's #2 WR.

Pretty sure Matt Schaub's #2 receiver was Kevin Walter and Aaron Rodgers' #2 WR was Donald Driver...

That's a good point.

I'm really just not a fan of V Jax and slightly less of a fan of Rice "being that guy".

A lot of the others do nothing at all, so having that knowledge is just a minor advantage.

I'm with you. I turned on the idea of getting VJ a long time ago. And he's officially been franchised, according to Schefter, so its a moot point now anyways, thank god.

Although I am a big fan of Rice, I think he'll get franchised as well.

But the two Jones just don't do it for me at all.

I'd rather take a swing at Floyd (for cheap...the guy's 30 and only performed so well because he's got Rivers throwing the ball, although he does have the physique) and another, less known guy.

Pretty sure Matt Schaub's #2 receiver was Kevin Walter and Aaron Rodgers' #2 WR was Donald Driver...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/gnb/stats

Jones had 1 less reception but more yards and TDs than Driver. Also, knowing the many drops by James, I would be shocked if Driver had more targets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/hou/stats

Jones had same number of receptions in one less game than Walter. This one is probably more up in the air, but again, I would be shocked if Walter was more targeted than Jones.

Both Driver and Walter were slot WRs for their teams this year, while the Jones were on the outside.

EDIT: Found stats for targets (or passes) http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

James Jones 87 passes

Donald Driver 84 passes.

Jacoby Jones 78 passes

Kevin Walter 80 passes.

So Kevin Walter was the #2 WR option. Still dones explain what hole Jacoby Jones fills that isn't already filled for a fraction the salary by Anthony Armstong.

But to be fair, Armstrong was technically the 3rd option behind Moss and Cooley, just as the Jones were the 3rd options behind Walter and Driver....with not much TE help (Daniels wasn't back from his injury and looking like himself till the last few weeks of the season, and Finley was out.)

• 4 months later...

If anybody still cares.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune suggests Chargers GM A.J. Smith will be more willing to deal Vincent Jackson this year than last.

Acee emphasizes that he's not predicting the Bolts will deal V-Jax, only that an offer of a second-rounder plus a conditional mid-round pick would have a much better chance of being accepted this time around. Jackson is willing to play under the franchise tag, but he's yet to sign for 2011. Acee's revelation is especially interesting in light of earlier reports that Steve Smith's preference is play in San Diego.

not so sure I still want V-Jax, with the current state of the franchise maybe we should just keep it the way it is and see what the young guys can do. Thoughts?

not so sure I still want V-Jax, with the current state of the franchise maybe we should just keep it the way it is and see what the young guys can do. Thoughts?

I agree with this too.

I'm to the point where I don't want us to go after names anymore. I'd rather have a bunch of no names that give it 110 percent every time they're on the field.

Same thought as last year: Keep the picks, draft players. My stance hasn't changed. The only players I would trade high draft picks for would be Manning (of the Peyton variety), Brady, Breese (shoulda signed him when they had the chance, but shoulda woulda coulda...), Rivers and Rogers. That's it. Ok, They are all QBs. I get it. And there are other phenomenally dominant players at their positions. Like Andre Johnson, Albert Hayn... Wait... Never mind...

I think it's just my overall philosophy that picks are more valuable if you make selections in the draft. And trading for a WR, RB, CB, whatever, doesn't make sense. A true, honest to God first ballot HOFer still in their prime that fits your system? Sure. Otherwise, pass.

The thread it lives!!!!!!

YES!!!!! Bwaahahahahahaha!!!!

the tough part is that we're not one player away from anything!! We're in rebuild mode (as much as it hurts to say). Our front office knows it but they still want to put a competitive team on the field. That is why we sign players like Atogwe. But I'm sure we'll see alot of young players on the field this year giving their all to play for the Washington Redskins!!

Hail!!!

Archived