Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do soccer fans want me to watch soccer so badly?

Some of the earliest versions of the game were played in 3000 BC...Sorry but that beats the 1800's I think....

Look you guys can have your baseball and have fun with it...I'll take soccer/NFL/basketball/Hockey over it any day.

And BTW the fastest cricket bowler bowl at close to 90-95 MBH...and they can bowl at the body and hit the batsmen if they want...Come try and catch a cricket bowl at full pace with your bare hands and then we'll see how much **** you guys can talk. You'll be running to get your glove in no time.

Cricket? Even the NAME is ghey!:ols:

I hate soccer, but those guys even look manly compared to someone that plays cricket. Seriously, GTFO with this crap!

oh - And world champs - Tell you what. Have another country form a team, and then play our world series winner, and then you have a argument. Until then, they are world champs.

It's too bad MLB won't let players participate in the Olympics, then you could say the winner of the gold in the Olympics is World Champion.

Some of the earliest versions of the game were played in 3000 BC...Sorry but that beats the 1800's I think....

Look you guys can have your baseball and have fun with it...I'll take soccer/NFL/basketball/Hockey over it any day.

And BTW the fastest cricket bowler bowl at close to 90-95 MBH...and they can bowl at the body and hit the batsmen if they want...Come try and catch a cricket bowl at full pace with your bare hands and then we'll see how much **** you guys can talk. You'll be running to get your glove in no time.

Alright there champ, no need to get your granny panties in a twist just because your childhood 'tradition' sucks. Again, you have a bunch of skinny little kids throwing a ball at its fastest almost 95 mph, we would like you to speak with Randy Johnson, or heck even Steven Strasburg.

The reason gloves are used is because baseball players can actually hit the ball, cricket players weigh 150 lbs. They would be lucky to be the size of a baseball players leg. We apologize because your sport has no tradition, no one talks about it, no one cares. Dude, they made a paintball video game, they are making lacrosse video games, ping-pong video games (not saying those are bad sports, but they are lesser watched, no ill will intended i like them all). Wii Sports Resort has a wave riding, and sky diving, but no, sorry to say, no cricket. It seems like the rest of the world is just missing out, we must all be wrong, and you, you must be right. :doh:

I just told my dad the name of this thread " Why do soccer fans want me to watch soccer so badly? " and he said " Maybe its like those gay pride parades?"

Glad to hear you're both into illogical stereotypes, it's always nice to have something in common with your old man.

who is it illogical? at my school you either played Football or hockey, or even basketball (if you were good enough to make the coach wait for you until football season was done) but if you were either small or unathletic or somewhat gay then you played Soccer or Volleyball. I always felt sort of bad for those guys because they never got the good looking chicks and usually got teased unmerciful.

I just told my dad the name of this thread " Why do soccer fans want me to watch soccer so badly? " and he said " Maybe its like those gay pride parades?"

Hey your dad and my grandpa share the same trait. Both are ignorant and quick to judge things they dont know anything about. Real tough guys.

It's for your own safety, and the safety of others.

Otherwise lacrosse may fill the void, and we don't need any more sociopaths.

This is an outstanding point' date=' and one that I had not considered.

While both - in the US at least - are the sports of choice of douchebag date rapers, not ALL soccer players are douchebag date rapists. Its infection rate seems far far lower.[/quote']

I know that I'm days late to the party, but this exchange might be the best in ES history.

Alright there champ, no need to get your granny panties in a twist just because your childhood 'tradition' sucks. Again, you have a bunch of skinny little kids throwing a ball at its fastest almost 95 mph, we would like you to speak with Randy Johnson, or heck even Steven Strasburg.

The reason gloves are used is because baseball players can actually hit the ball, cricket players weigh 150 lbs. They would be lucky to be the size of a baseball players leg. We apologize because your sport has no tradition, no one talks about it, no one cares. Dude, they made a paintball video game, they are making lacrosse video games, ping-pong video games (not saying those are bad sports, but they are lesser watched, no ill will intended i like them all). Wii Sports Resort has a wave riding, and sky diving, but no, sorry to say, no cricket. It seems like the rest of the world is just missing out, we must all be wrong, and you, you must be right. :doh:

The above post just shows how much you actually know about the rest of the world....quite sad actually but typical of most people in the US. Most have never left their state or their country and most don't even have a passport.

I suggest you broaden your knowledge about the rest of the world before you talk out of your ass.

Typical ignorant BS..but what else do you expect...There are cricket games on the PC, PS3 and Xbox and now the Iphone, etc but they are not popular here..

And no cricket players are not 150 lbs, suggest you look at some of the players from Australia, England and South Africa...they aren't overweight like most people here in the US.

Go enjoy baseball, I rather not argue with some who has absolutely no knowledge and spews ignorant BS like yourself.

The above post just shows how much you actually know about the rest of the world....quite sad actually but typical of most people in the US. Most have never left their state or their country and most don't even have a passport.

Stereotype much? I'd say this is true if you're talking about people from Rhode Island, but not everyone in the US... :silly:

Go enjoy baseball, I rather not argue with some who has absolutely no knowledge and spews ignorant BS like yourself.

Um, he can't have "absolutely no knowledge" because he's somehow managed to turn on his computer, find ES and post. Pretty amazing huh?

From your reaction, I'd say you're a big fan of cricket and probably grew up in a Commonwealth nation (or some current or former part of the British Empire).

Personally, I've found cricket to be a fairly enjoyable game to watch. I like the cat and mouse, just like in baseball. My only complaint is the length of the matches. You have to admit though that it's not a constant-action fast-paced whirlwind of a game, like hockey or lacrosse.

And to answer the OP, it's a conspiracy fomented by Big Pharma. Trust me.

Well, I have to say, after watching a few matches here in Europe, especially after the win over Algeria, I am starting to get into this whole soccer thing. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to the match tomorrow. I may even go to a DC United game now, you never know :)

There's a reason that Douglas Adams mercilessly mocked the game of cricket in his books...

who is it illogical? at my school you either played Football or hockey, or even basketball (if you were good enough to make the coach wait for you until football season was done) but if you were either small or unathletic or somewhat gay then you played Soccer or Volleyball. I always felt sort of bad for those guys because they never got the good looking chicks and usually got teased unmerciful.

Stopped reading at "at my school."

At my school, all of the honors math kids got laid.

I played HS football and we always used to make fun of the soccer players. Our coach actually used to tell this story how these soccer players that went out for football would look awesome, until they put the pads on and started getting hit (somewhat tongue in cheeck, one our best players actually played soccer as well,). The reality was while most of them probably couldn't take or deliver hits, most of us probably couldn't run around the field for 90 minutes, either. Football is primarily about strength, speed, size and toughness, and a bit of technique (at least at the high school level, where there is more of a gap in pedigree and atheleticism between the best and worse players). Soccer is about skill, speed, quickness, and size (at least height) as well, but not much in the way of toughness of strength. On the other hand, it involves more conditioning and endurance than football.

On the who chicks dig thing, actually I think the soccer players did better, probably because they tended to have slender physiques that was more in line with what girls look for nowadays (e.g. David Beckham) Football players tend to be stronger, but also fatter (including yours truly). Even when I made varsity and started, part of me wished I was more 'normal' as I was pretty big dude (with unfortunately not height to match). But, we got to play the genetic hand we're dealt.

In all sports, you need certain skills in order to excel in them. In football, you need toughness and strength (as well as a good memory). In soccer, you need endurance and speed. In baseball, you need need patience and great eye sight.

Different strokes for different folks.

Archived