Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mother Deer destroys dog and cat

EthanThorn

My old Border Collie used to chase deer out at Bull Run. On time a large buck stopped running a charged towards him. My dog just stopped and froze, didn't know what to do, the buck stoppd to truned and ran. It was quite a site, I wasn't sure what to do if either kept going. I know I'm not match for mad hooves and antlers.

Also, mine was never on a leash unless we were in Petco or downtown walking around. It's more of being aware and calling/holding your dog back when a wild animal is around. But agree the owner needs that swift kick.

my husky would of killed that deer in five minutes

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I have a pack of five on a fenced in acre. Mine have almost cornered and killed one right when we moved in. Since then, nothing. They dont even come to the fenceline anymore.

Good to hear the dog ended up ok. I don't even know how I would've reacted had that been my dog.

i know how i would have reacted... we would have been eating venison. any one of my dogs would have taken that deer out. i have a mastiff, a pit and a boxer. this vid would have been totally different if it woulda been one of mine lol....

personally i thought it was kinda funny .....

Been trying to research this one.....

Guy claiming to shoot the video says the Dog was okay afterwards,but "traumatized."

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/80/915/Mama_Deer_Attacks_Cat_and_Dog.html

cool PCS ... nothing worse than watching something like that and not getting details. dogs are so damn tough, not surprised he/she is okay.

i know its al ittle sick, but i would have been interested in seeing a more formadilbe dog in that situation, so curious to see how it would have reacted???

cool PCS ... nothing worse than watching something like that and not getting details. dogs are so damn tough, not surprised he/she is okay.

i know its al ittle sick, but i would have been interested in seeing a more formadilbe dog in that situation, so curious to see how it would have reacted???[/QUOTE]

If the deer tried to attack any of the dogs that I was chased by as a little kid coming home from school, than it would have been Hiroshima'd

i know how i would have reacted... we would have been eating venison. any one of my dogs would have taken that deer out. i have a mastiff, a pit and a boxer. this vid would have been totally different if it woulda been one of mine lol....

personally i thought it was kinda funny .....

i don't know how tough your dogs are, but they are probably not as near as good shape as that deer, and the insticts that they have are probably watered down ...

i'm a big dog person ... i own a APBT and a pure bred dogo argentino ...and I'm not so sure how they would do against a wild animal protecting its baby.

suburban dogs, in the grand scheme of things are soft man ... real soft. my dogo's parents hunted boar in texas, so he has some spunk, but dude is on inactive duty, he's a house dog for all intent and purposes.

also, just a pet peeve, but there is such thing as just a "pit." that's like me asking what kind of car you have and you say ... "a car." is it a Staff, an American, etc. etc.

pitbull is a general term for several types of dog.

my husky would of killed that deer in five minutes

c'mon man.

that deer probably weighs twice the size of your husky. i don't think, unless your dog is a working type molosser it would not stand a chance against a PISSED off wild deer.

plus, that deer was not fighting for its survival, it was fighting for its baby ... don't want to get into a p-contest, but I think it would be the other way around.

Not that the mother deer could know this, but the cat was actually being friendly to both the fawn and the mother. It didn't swipe until it sensed danger from the mother.

I have groups of deer that cross through my yard a lot. My cat loves them and is fascinated. He follows them for as long as they will let him. I've seen him nose to nose with many.

You cat haters never cease to amaze me. Crying for the dog but wishing the cat was stomped.

Living up north we see wildlife up close a LOT, and sorry guys but no dog that lives in town would be much of a match for an angry momma deer. their hooves are sharp and they kick hard, my buddy got kicked once and it broke his FEMUR.

I had a half border collie half Newf who lived his whole life in the bush and he would attack damn near anything that looked at me funny but he would merely bluff charge Deer and moose. and he weighed near 200 pounds.

The mother was right to protect her young. That deer didn't go crazy, that deer went "deer". I don't feel sorry for the dog, I hope the owner learned his or her lesson.

You don't feel sorry for the dog? What did the dog do to deserve the attack? The deer ran a whole block to blindside it. I'm sorry but if a deer attacked my dog(Of course mine being the size of a small bear probably wouldn't back down and anything bigger than my dog just gets him into a psycho mode. I remember the first time he saw a Saint Bernard:ols:) I'd be coming after it with a titanium bat until it gets the hell away from it(Yes I realize thats stupid but no damn deer is killing my buddy). Though my dog wouldn't be that far away from me like that dog in the video.

You don't feel sorry for the dog? What did the dog do to deserve the attack? The deer ran a whole block to blindside it. I'm sorry but if a deer attacked my dog(Of course mine being like a small bear probably wouldn't back down) I'd be coming after it with a titanium bat until it gets the hell away from it. Though my dog wouldn't be that far away from me like that dog in the video.

Oh, give it a rest. The deer is a WILD ANIMAL. That is what they do.

You cat haters never cease to amaze me. Crying for the dog but wishing the cat was stomped.

I cannot speak for everyone here, but I generally hate cats because people let them run around outside and then try to justify it. They piss all over and leave their scent. Not only that they can carry parasites and disease. They drive my two dogs crazy and my dogs stay in my yard where they belong.

I guess I dislike the owners more than the feline. It is not the cat or dogs fault that they are not in their proper place. I see way more cats running loose than dogs and I know these cats have homes because they look healthy. The dog in the video should have been in his yard as well.

Also, some of you totally exaggerate about how badass your dogs are. Most likely, if your dog was alone like the one in the video, the results would have been the same or worse.

I cannot speak for everyone here, but I generally hate cats because people let them run around outside and then try to justify it. They piss all over and leave their scent. Not only that they can carry parasites and disease. They drive my two dogs crazy and my dogs stay in my yard where they belong.

Right, because this planet is here for humans only. Animals have no right to roam it. Gotcha.

and sorry guys but no dog that lives in town would be much of a match for an angry momma deer.

Ive got a Great Dane/PitBull mix and a St. Bernard/PitBull, a Rodie mix, a Pure Bred Jindu and a pure bred Red Bone Coon Hound that would say otherwise my friend. Maybe not alone, but when wild animals enter their acre, they are usually done once "the pack" catches wind of them. They havent taken a deer down yet because I have broken up the round up before the kill, but if I let them, they would have the deer disembowled in less then fifteen/twenty minutes. I could tell stories of dead opossum, racoon, pea****, badger, groundhogs, among other carcasses found in my yard that my pack of dogs "played with". They have messed deer up before, but i havent let them kill one. The point is, angry or not, wild animals or other neighborhood dogs in my yard are usually in grave danger upon entering my fenced in acre

Ive got a Great Dane/PitBull mix and a St. Bernard/PitBull, a Rodie/PitBull mix, a Pure Bred Jindu and a pure bred Red Bone Coon Hound that would say otherwise my friend. Maybe not alone, but when wild animals enter their acre, they are usually done once "the pack" catches wind of them. They havent taken a deer down yet because I have broken up the round up before the kill, but if I let them, they would have the deer disembowled in less then fifteen/twenty minutes. My neighbor had a pea****... HAD a pea**** until it got into my yard. I could tell stories of dead opossum, racoon, pea****, badger, groundhogs, among other carcasses found in my yard that my pack of dogs "played with". They have messed deer up before, but i havent let them kill one. The point is, angry or not, wild animals or other neighborhood dogs in my yard are usually in grave danger upon entering my fenced in acre.

Maybe a pack of them, but not one on one. You put one of your dogs in a cage with a badger and see what happens.

Right, because this planet is here for humans only. Animals have no right to roam it. Gotcha.

That is not what I said...great reply :rolleyes:. I guess you are one of the people that let their pets roam free. Pets (not wild animals) should not roam free is exactly what I am saying, and their owners should be held responsible for any damage they cause.

I would never let my dogs out of my front door to roam the streets. Not only is it rude to my neighbors, but it would worry me to no end. I would constantly worry about disease, injuries, or them getting killed. They don't know whats best for them. They need their owners to keep them in line and healthy.

Maybe a pack of them, but not one on one. You put one of your dogs in a cage with a badger and see what happens.

The badger was destroyed by Lucy, our Great Dane/Pit. it wasn't as big as I thought a badger would be, but that's what the animal control office said it was when he came and got the carcass. twenty pounds about, grey hair on top and sides, dirty brown hair on the bottom, big puffy/scraggly tail. long claws and knarly teeth.small ears that were either up or pinned back? They were chewed up pretty good though. But no, Lucy did that one all by herself. She ended up getting a couple stitches in her jowels ( i think i spelled it wrong) and on her head near her eyes and we had to put some neosporin on cuts all along her belly and back legs and then bandage them, but she made it out of that one pretty well. I think it was a baby though, but animal control said it was badger... way out here in Orange County. Lucy is pretty big though.

But you are right, as a pack, they are a deadly group.... of lovable lap dogs!

That is not what I said...great reply :rolleyes:. I guess you are one of the people that let their pets roam free. Pets (not wild animals) should not roam free is exactly what I am saying, and their owners should be held responsible for any damage they cause.

I would never let my dogs out of my front door to roam the streets. Not only is it rude to my neighbors, but it would worry me to no end. I would constantly worry about disease, injuries, or them getting killed. They don't know whats best for them. They need their owners to keep them in line and healthy.

You can hate me then. All 3 of our cats are roamers. They get regular shots and vet visits, and don't destroy anything other than birds and mice. But, apparently you've had run-ins with more destructive cats than ours, so maybe that's your gripe.

Cats are not meant to be cooped up inside any more than dogs are. Only problem is that cats and leashes do not mix.

BTW my giant tom would have been riding that deer like a bucking bronco!!! :silly:

Oh, give it a rest. The deer is a WILD ANIMAL. That is what they do.

Well then the wild animal shouldn't be wandering in the streets attacking things. It attacked dog in a neighborhood. Whats to say it wouldn't have randomly blindsided a human? Think about that way. If that deer had attacked a human what would have happened to the deer? It didn't attack something in the woods. It did it in a street. So just because the deer is a wild animal it can go around attacking. So if a deer attacks you in the streets and severe injures you in front of neighbors and family by stomping you in the ground you'll just say, "Its what they do"? I HIGHLY doubt that. What happens in the wild we can't control but if a freaking wild animal wanders into a suburb, neighborhood, city, etc and attacks something or someone theres a problem

Well now didn't this thread just take an interesting,though predictable,(it is the ES Tailgate),turn. "Oh yeah? Well my dad can beat up.......". ;) Guess I'll just be equally so and say you ain't lived till you've seen a dog running at full sprint ahead of its owner who's trying their best to keep ahead of the rather upset at the time moose. :silly:

Oh. And one does not let cats go wild around these parts. Coyote tend to like to dine on them.

Archived