Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mother Deer destroys dog and cat

EthanThorn

WTF with all the hate towards the cat? I'm a cat person myself, but I still felt sorry for the dog.

At least the cat got a good swipe in.... :)

Nature's a real ***** some times ain't it?

That it is, especially when it comes to maternal instinct. I imagine the dog got it cause the deer thought it was a wolf or something. Still stupid of the owner not having it on a leash.

I have a border collie, that is hard to watch. If it were my dog, it wouldn't have been out there in the first place.

Whoever that idiot owner is who let her dog across the street while a doe was in protection mode needs to never own a dog again. At least make up for your mistake and try to distract the doe, I don't think it understands the words "STOP IT" ya ****in douchebag.

it looked like a Border Collie in the video...i figured it would have reacted a little differently than that since they are bred to herd big farm animals that kick...maybe it was stunned?

The dog seemed to be minding its own business and got blindsided. Seems to be a little on the older side, as well. But they also herd sheep, much less powerful than a full grown deer.

:ols: Ya think?!

Fortunately this cat's curiousity didn't kill it this time.

LOL...yeah. a no **** moment I think. :) Cat had the advantage of seeing what was coming and being faster enough to get the hell out of dodge. That or it saw what happened to the dog and said "I don't want none of that".

Holy crap..

I agree that the owner should not have allowed their dog to cross the street. I'm pretty sure everyone was fully aware that Prancer was chillin in the Smith's backyard. Not the best time for Bordy to go Pee-Pee.

I'm a bit shocked that the guy is just standing there filming it while the dog is getting attacked. As for the cat, it just looks like it didn't know any better. lesson learned.

Well the deer took off pretty quickly towards the dog, and it looked like it was all the way down towards the end of the block. Not much the person filming it could have done, judging by the video.

In the beginning of the video it looks like the cat is trying to be friendly with the deer. Licking/bathing him.

It looks like the deer assessed the danger based on the size of the animals, it probably saw the dog as a predator, similar to a wolf or coyote and acted accordingly, while the cat was looked at more like an annoying nuisance.

Archived