Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mother Deer destroys dog and cat

EthanThorn

If it was my dog or my lil princess's cat I'd have more Venison ribs and steaks in my freezer than I do now.

By the way what is a good marinade for Venison Roast?

I can't think of the name right now, there is a vinegar looking bottle(the marinade is black) with a orange label on it. The label has clowns, balloons and a carnival tent and is very generic looking. Works great for venison roast, but is very strong so thin slices of meat get over whelmed.

Yes, I have seen the destruction from cats. Not just my gripe, I have come across quite a few people that dislike them for various reasons.

My neighbor had a nice BMW that he kept in his driveway. Well, he found a cat pissing on it one time, that became two x's, three, etc. Well it ruined his paint job. He can attribute it directly to the cat.

Recently, I have had a grey cat in my yard. I saw it doing something in the corner of my fenced in back yard, I chased it out. Well, my dog went over there a couple times and I kept chasing her away from that area. Next thing I know she is crapping all over the place. It took about three days to get it under control. I sent a letter out to my community and I have not seen the cat since.

My friends have cats that they keep inside. Well their neighbor lets there cat loose. My friends cat is spraying the inside of her house everytime she notices the other cat. My friend says it stinks and it sucks having to clean their mess up.

You do not know if your cat is being destructive or not unless you are walking with them while they are outside. It causes other people problems, but most cat people I come in contact with really don't care (not saying you do or don't). I always hear, well the cat needs to get out as well. Of course, these same people would not like it if my dogs were on top of their cars pissing or perhaps pooping in their yards.

Whether your cat recieves shots or not, it will not be protected from cars, wild animals or other diseases such as AIDS.

My cats are immunized against FIV (Cat AIDS). One of them had a fever of unknown origin once that landed him in the hospital. The vet saw antibodies for FIV in the ELISA, and told us he was dying of kitty AIDS. We had to point out to the vet that the antibodies were from the vaccine. Duh.

One of ours did get run over, but it was entirely his fault. He was lying in the neighbor's driveway, asleep. Our others stay off the road when cars are coming. The are safe from that, from FIV and from wild animals (we only have raccoons, possum, skunk, small rodents and birds).

My cats generally piss/poop in an overgrown area at the back of our small yard. They might sneak off to wreak havoc elsewhere, but I've seen them there doing that regularly.

We do get cats that come in and challenge ours for the territory. Mostly the fights resolve without bloodshed. There are 2 or 3 cats that will go to the next level though, and that has landed our cat in hospital once. I keep "cat rocks" in a planter just for those cats. If I see one, I hurl rocks at it. That keeps them away for a while.

As for your friend with the indoor cats, I've had the same situation with my outdoor cats. Basically, we changed a few things all at once (cats hate change) and it made the male cat very uptight. He went through a phase of spraying things inside the house, probably in an attempt to make himself feel more comfortable with the "new" territory (a.k.a. the post-change environment inside the house). I cleaned it up and he finally settled down. Your friend attributing that to an outdoor cat may be correct, but I'd say it's more likely a change in the house environment that set their cats off.

As for the BMW, I've never heard of something like that. Cats don't usually pee on cars. Honestly.

In that case I'd definitely expect the car owner to find the cat owner and recoup damages.

Cheers. ...

Any "indoor cat" I've ever seen was a miserable animal. They get deep depression, skin problems, and obesity.

:cheers:

I especially love the politically correct indoor cat crowd - "you are torturing poor Fluffy by letting her out into the gweat big world!!! She can't defend herself and it makes her life expectancy go from 15 years to 5 seconds!!! Honestly - how can you be so stupid, cruel and insensitive?!?!?!"

Those jerks are all high and mighty until they encounter a cat that has been an outdoor animal and is now in captivity. We rescued one of those, and let me tell you that these hypocrites were never so glad to be rid of a cat as when we took him home.

He lived 3 years with us, and they were glorious years to be sure. In the winter, he was attached to my wife's lap or curled up under a blanket on the sofa. In the summer, he slept on the porches across the street (better sunlight on those) and moved from house to house to keep up with the sun through the day. He was much better known in the neighborhood than we were. He was a star, living the good life. :)

As for the BMW, I've never heard of something like that. Cats don't usually pee on cars. Honestly.

In that case I'd definitely expect the car owner to find the cat owner and recoup damages.

As a cat owner I'd disagree. I had a cat that would regularly mark his territory on our cars. He always peed on the tires though, so no harm, no foul.

Any "indoor cat" I've ever seen was a miserable animal. They get deep depression, skin problems, and obesity.

I've had this discussion many times here on ES and I'm well aware my opinion isn't popular so I'm not looking for another debate. To each his own.

I've had indoor and outdoor cats all my life.

All depends on the cat and where you live. (and the owners of course)

On the east coast, my dad has an outdoor cat. She's a giant fatass. Mainly because she gets fed by like 5 different neighbors. :ols: She can still get a bird from the top tree branch though.

As a cat owner I'd disagree. I had a cat that would regularly mark his territory on our cars. He always peed on the tires though, so no harm, no foul.

Was he neutered? That sounds perfectly normal for an animal that wasn't fixed, but a neutered cat (at least one that's neutered while still young) has no desire for all that.

My cats are immunized against FIV (Cat AIDS).

I didn't know that they had anything to protect them against AIDS. I am clueless there, I will find out more about that.

As for the BMW, yeah that was the only time I have heard of that as well. Now I have known quite a few cats that get on top of cars and leave their footprints and etc...but this was marking it and did quite a bit of damage. I think my neighbor looked for the owner but never found them.

I didn't know that they had anything to protect them against AIDS. I am clueless there, I will find out more about that.

As for the BMW, yeah that was the only time I have heard of that as well. Now I have known quite a few cats that get on top of cars and leave their footprints and etc...but this was marking it and did quite a bit of damage. I think my neighbor looked for the owner but never found them.

The FIV vaccine does not actually offer full protection, but it offers some. Though infected cats remain infected for life, they are less likely than humans to develop AIDS-like symptoms.

So, it's maybe not as cut-and-dried as I presented it - more like somewhere in the middle.

Was he neutered? That sounds perfectly normal for an animal that wasn't fixed, but a neutered cat (at least one that's neutered while still young) has no desire for all that.

Yeah, our tomcat is neutered, but he sprays and he fights. He's also likely to be purring away, loving being petted one minute, then give you a quick warning nip the next (before drawing blood if you're too clueless to stop:)).

The vet says he was snipped a bit late probably.

I have heard of instances where cats crawl up into the warm engine of a car (not running at the time) in the cold and then be killed or gravely injured when the driver comes out and turns on the engine. Very sad.

I have heard of instances where cats crawl up into the warm engine of a car (not running at the time) in the cold and then be killed or gravely injured when the driver comes out and turns on the engine. Very sad.

Yeah, I have heard about that through second hand sources but have never met anyone that had that happen to them.

Archived