Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES 53 MAN ROSTER: Wide Receiver (Choose 3)

KDawg

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, it's back. There are two positions left and then wild card voting. For the wide receiver voting you're going to pick 3 guys who you think deserve to make the roster.

Three. Not four, not five. Three. :)

If you want to vote for someone not on the list, don't be afraid to vote for "Other" and include your vote in this post.

PS: Halfway through I lost connection with the website I do this with, so I removed all Pro Bowl/All Pro selections because that data isn't available on the other site. HoF is still listed.

Also, we've had some bad receivers as a whole here. When Michael Westbrook, Rod Gardner, Albert Connell, etc show up as some of the better receivers you've had, you have a problem. One omission I made that could have been on the list is Henry Ellard, but he wasn't with us long enough, in my opinion. Vote for him as an other if you'd like.

And here we go:

1947-1954 Hugh "Bones" Taylor:

-Spent his entire career as a Washington Redskin

-272 receptions

-5,233 yards

-58 TD

1962-1968 Bobby Mitchell:

-393 receptions

-6,492 yards

-49 TD

-NFL HALL OF FAMER CLASS OF 1983

1964-1977 Charley Taylor:

-Spent his entire career as a Washington Redskin

-649 receptions

-9,110 yards

-79 TD

-NFL HALL OF FAMER CLASS OF 1984

1980-1993 Art Monk:

-888 receptions

-12,026 yards

-65 TD

-NFL HALL OF FAMER CLASS OF 2008

1985-1992 Gary Clark:

-549 receptions

-8,742 yards

-58 TD

1986-1993 Ricky Sanders:

-414 receptions

-5,854 yards

-36 TD

2005-2009 Santana Moss:

-349 receptions

-5,027 yards

-27 TD

I was slightly blasphemous in my vote. I went with Monk and Clark, but then I added Hugh Taylor. Those numbers are incredible for the time period he played. Realistically, Mitchell and Charley Taylor were probably much better choices, but I have a feeling those guys are going to get in on a landslide, so I decided to be a bit different :)

About fricking time KD man. :mad:.

The thread of threads has been sorely missed. Don't let it happen again!. :nono:.

Monk, Clark, Taylor BTW.

And how could the best practice player in the history of the World not be on the list? Somewhere, on some public field, some guy called Taylor is not very happy with you. :kungfu:.

Hail.

Monk, Taylor and Clark. Mitchell is 4th because he played the beginning of his career in Cleveland and started out as a RB. (Taylor and Monk were RB's also in college I believe).

Taylor was also a running back his first two years in the NFL. He was rookie of the year as a HB in his first year.

Tough call but Taylor, Monk and Clark have to be it though I still think Ricky Sanders was underrated. But I'd put Henry Ellard in the vote before considering Santana Moss. Michael Westbrook should've been better than all of them but he didn't have the heart and that's sad

I went with Mitchell, Charley Taylor and Monk. I just don't see how you can do it otherwise. If those guys are in their prime in today's NFL, they'd still be dominant.

I had a hard time leaving out Bobby Mithchell tso, who wasn't half bad at kick returning either.

But I grew up with Gary Clark, and he'll always be an all time hero.

Hail.

I voted CharleyTaylor, Art Monk and Gary Clark but Gary Clark is my all time favorite Redskin and thus I'm very biased when it comes to him. Legit cases can be made that Hugh Taylor and Bobby Mitchell should be put ahead of Gary and I would not and could not argue.

I went with Mitchell, Charley Taylor and Monk. I just don't see how you can do it otherwise. If those guys are in their prime in today's NFL, they'd still be dominant.

Agreed they're the 3 HOF's they deserve the honor.

Archived